Network Vision/LTE - Toledo Market (Toledo, Bowling Green, Findlay, Lima, Port Clition)

keelerman8042

Yeah, I've been getting T-Mo LTE at my work in Holland the past few days. Gotta admit, 25-30Mbps is nice.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I wish I was special (like codie) ha

Sent from my Verizon Roaming Beast

• Like 1

Okay since this hasn't been talked about much beside you Codie, Central Avenue and McCord, all old 3G stuff removed. Now they're still isn't 4G but just to let you know they're taking it down as quick as they put the new stuff up

Sent from my LTE wannabe HTCPosted Image

talking with a sprint care person on twitter and they said within 90 days the local sprint tower should be upgraded to 4g lte. only taking this with a grain of salt. stopping by the tower today on my way to work to see if there is anything new. also going to get better pics. hopefully this time ill be able to upload them here

• Like 1

talking with a sprint care person on twitter and they said within 90 days the local sprint tower should be upgraded to 4g lte. only taking this with a grain of salt. stopping by the tower today on my way to work to see if there is anything new. also going to get better pics. hopefully this time ill be able to upload them here

I got one up on ya there......6 Months ya ok Sprint....ok if it's century link doing backhaul I can see it being that long...anyway thanks for that info

Screenshot_2013-09-23-19-31-32.png

So this is getting even more interesting..so I get off the phone after having my phone drop the call 7 times in an hour (about the norm of late also having no data than 1x I get this....and it's over by oak harbor..I just have to laugh right now til they fix whatever is going on.

Screenshot_2013-09-26-23-28-26.png

• Like 3

I need a more concrete answer than just by the end of the year.  It seems Lima, Ohio will not even see Sprint 4G this year if possible can anyone get some strong answers for the Lima, Ohio area.

I am also wondering why the Lima area seems to be ignored.  I am in Van Wert and it seems this area is the Big Hole they forgot about.

• Like 1

I need a more concrete answer than just by the end of the year. It seems Lima, Ohio will not even see Sprint 4G this year if possible can anyone get some strong answers for the Lima, Ohio area.

Well that's about all your going to get for now. They are working all over the market tho seems like there's nothing much going on at all. There's backhaul at a few other sites in Toledo but no LTE with a few with upgrades..idk what Sprint,Samsung or these contractors are thinking right now.. We all want LTE but sooner or later it'll happen. Also they have to do them in clusters even tho we are not a moto market we have them all around our market which will cause all hell to break loose with dropped calls and such. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking it's frustrating for us all trust me.Also should donate a few bucks that way you can see more information of what's going in our market here's a few sites once you become a sponsor http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3365-toledo-area-building-permits/ Edited by keelerman8042
  • Like 3

So this is what is going on at the tower outside of Continental. I'm guessing under the tarp is the panels and rrus. but in the boxes not sure. hopefully nothing that is damaged. Those boxes look beat up pretty bad. They were also out in the pouring rain. You can also see the new base cabinets there next to the old. very exciting!!

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_8965.jpg

• Like 2

So after everything that was delivered on Friday and sat there all weekend in the rain. Nothing very important happened monday either. figures with my day off.. but on my way to work today around 2 this is what was going on. people out working on everything. So on my break I drove back to the tower to see what they had done. it looks ilke they have 3 new panels up, and the RRUS are setting on the ground down there still. but its nice to see work happening. might stop in on my way to work tomorrow and see whats going on! hopefully better pics

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

• Like 2

today it looks like they have the rrus up, and they pull out the trailer they had there. but the boxes are still there. I'm guessing they are waiting on backhaul still. I'm sure that will take awhile not sure who they are using for backhaul, just a guess its TDS they are slow at things, and having outages all the time. hopefully it will be fiber they are bringing to the tower they brought it to the GOGO tower down the road. fingers crossed. something happens soon. playing the waiting game is hard lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry no photo..Bancroft n 23-475...Gear is going up the tower as I write this but, this spot has a shed (like Verizon) So, you guys keep an eye out for what's going on if you live in a certain section of town. We are a small group in Toledo metro area..inner city... Keep your eyes open.. I like to thank Ryan(third person )..LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2