Network Vision/LTE - East Iowa Market (Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Dubuque, Waterloo/Cedar Falls)

S4GRU

What does this mean for those (me) who aren't engineers?

Lol... I'm far from an engineer myself. But basically the spectrum swap with AT&T has been/is being completing and the EVDO channels have moved to the C block and we have a 10x10??? carrier now live in the Quad Cities

What does this mean for those (me) who aren't engineers?

Lol... I'm far from an engineer myself. But basically the spectrum swap with AT&T has been/is being completing and the EVDO channels have moved to the C block and we have a 10x10??? carrier now live in the Quad Cities

haha at least you know what to look for.  I have not been to Iowa since 2013 but that's awesome to know. 

That is not a 10x10 yet.

26615 is 1907.5 center frequency so it's a 5mhz carrier from 1905-1910 MHz.

A 10 MHz carrier will usually be centered on 1910 MHz on Sprint for C+G.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

That is not a 10x10 yet.

26615 is 1907.5 center frequency so it's a 5mhz carrier from 1905-1910 MHz.

A 10 MHz carrier will usually be centered on 1910 MHz on Sprint for C+G.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

So what channel should I be looking for then?

• 1 month later...

Yeah same here. I just happened to check my engineering screen, that was my first sighting. I found that in uptown Moline, downtown still is a 5x5 by the iWireless center. But that's still an improvement because it was 3g only up until a month or so ago.

Yeah same here. I just happened to check my engineering screen, that was my first sighting. I found that in uptown Moline, downtown still is a 5x5 by the iWireless center. But that's still an improvement because it was 3g only up until a month or so ago.

have you seen any towers that didn't have it wednesday get it since then? So far it seems that whatever towers got it wednesday have been it, all other towers that didn't get it that day are still sitting on the 2 5x5s. it appears to be causing a few issues too, it seems like if i'm on a 5x5 it won't hand off to a 10x10 and either has to drop to B26 first or i'll drop to 3G.

• 2 weeks later...

How has the QC area been since the spectrum switch? Are there still patches of areas that are unusable?

i can't answer to that area but assuming its similar to des moines they probably haven't finished switching the rest of the towers over to 10x10. so some areas will be better and others will be the same. we are still sitting here with about half of the towers switched.

No reason why not. There's spectrum for it.

I've been told that because uscc owns the C block and at&t and Sprint split the B block here it makes it difficult to deploy a 2nd carrier without severe cannibalism of 3G and 1x blocks. It's possible they did that, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

I've been told that because uscc owns the C block and at&t and Sprint split the B block here it makes it difficult to deploy a 2nd carrier without severe cannibalism of 3G and 1x blocks. It's possible they did that, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

Most if not all Sprint markets have a minimum of 20 MHz of PCS A-F spectrum that's either contiguous or non contiguous. 

Sprint has been busy refarming all these markets down to just a mere 3 CDMA carriers occupying 10 MHz so that an additional 5x5 mhz FDD-LTE B25 carrier can be launched.  

Easiest way to track that is to look at what CDMA channels are in use and the match those channels to the frequencies Sprint is licensed to. 

Most if not all Sprint markets have a minimum of 20 MHz of PCS A-F spectrum that's either contiguous or non contiguous.

Sprint has been busy refarming all these markets down to just a mere 3 CDMA carriers occupying 10 MHz so that an additional 5x5 mhz FDD-LTE B25 carrier can be launched.

Easiest way to track that is to look at what CDMA channels are in use and the match those channels to the frequencies Sprint is licensed to.

If so, this is the first legitimate sighting of the 2nd carrier in Cedar Rapids.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested in seeing what soectrum sprint owns in our area. I wonder if it would be worth sprint deploying a 15x15 B41 carrier in Cedar Rapids?

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/2016-how-much-lte-spectrum-do-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-and-sprint-have-and-where

Just to clarify, it would be one 15MHz TDD LTE carrier, not a 15x15.  As that would be the expression of a 15 up and 15 down FDD carrier.  B41 is TDD only.

Robert

Just to clarify, it would be one 15MHz TDD LTE carrier, not a 15x15. As that would be the expression of a 15 up and 15 down FDD carrier. B41 is TDD only.

Robert

Yeah, I missed that because the rest of the map is downlink spectrum. Does that mean there's only 15mhz of B41 or is there 30mhz total of B41 that can be deployed in a tdd configuration? Looking at the map, I tend to think the latter (where the map treats everything as an fdd deployment).