EVO 4G LTE Android Jelly Bean Update 3.15.651.16

wjrandon

I'm OK with cycling airplane mode to initially get LTE. My big problem with the EVO was keeping a LTE Connection. If it is able to hold LTE better, then I say it is a success.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 4

I am thinking it's probably the best bandaid they can put on it for now. There probably is indeed a hardware issue that can't be corrected. So it will be partially corrected and will fix some people's issues but not all

And before someone bashes me, I really do hope I am wrong and this fixes it 100% and holds its own next to the S3. I still have a Evo LTE on my account.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I'm OK with cycling airplane mode to initially get LTE. My big problem with the EVO was keeping a LTE Connection. If it is able to hold LTE better, then I say it is a success.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yes, this is exactly what I'm dealing with.

real quick, i wanted to add that video can now be recorded to 1080. i only remember 720 being an option.

Default was 720p but 1080p has always been an option.

• Like 1

Default was 720p but 1080p has always been an option.

You're right, the front was 720p. i could have sworn though that there was no 1080p. just an oversight on my part. I do like the change to the options though on the camera.

• Like 1

Firmware is software.

Is that like the difference between floaters and sinkers?

:P

AJ

Getting the update now, interested in hearing from the rest of you about your lte connection after the update. Tempted to get in the car tonight and drive around to see how far i can go with the signal now. I was frustrated earlier this evening on the east side of Indy when i couldn't get an lte connection, but when i looked at the sensorly map clearly others had gotten lte connections right where i was at. Arrrggg....

Anybody knows why the power save feature toggles on automatically when bat level reaches 14 % (yellow) even if I had battery saver turned off in the first place?

An attempt to save the last drop of your battery maybe?

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

Now its time for the "If I download the OTA will I lose root?" posts.......

Or the "HELP!!! I just downloaded the update and my root is gone!!!! WHAT DO I DO???!!!" posts.

• Like 1

Or the "HELP!!! I just downloaded the update and my root is gone!!!! WHAT DO I DO???!!!" posts.

Re-Root!!!!!

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Just got Jelly Bean this morning. It broke my WIFI network. Settings say I'm connected, but all I get is voice mail - NO DATA! Anyone else having problems? Ideas or suggestions?

It did that to me last night. I had to wipe my phone and then it worked fine. It sucked reloading all my stuff again though.

Also noticed that the voice-to-text option is now gone from both the stock and Swype keyboards. Anyone else notice this? Anyway to get it back?

I use the downloaded swype keyboard as it has additional language support, but it still has voice to text capabilities.

With nearly any device (save maybe the Note 2 and iPhone) you have to toggle to get to LTE RIGHT AWAY. The problem was that the EVO took way longer to discover LTE on it's own. The other phones usually found it within a few minutes, the EVO waited sometimes up to half an hour. I don't have LTE here in Missouri, so I can't test that.

Never knew the keyboard had arrows... :scratch: guess I never looked lol.

What blue accents? Not sure what you mean there.

Could you swipe to switch between keyboards before? I don't remember that.

My phone doesn't seem to be running any faster, or slower than it was before. Still just as smooth as ever.

My Gnex doesn't take minutes to find lte mostly seconds

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Also noticed that the voice-to-text option is now gone from both the stock and Swype keyboards. Anyone else notice this? Anyway to get it back?

On the stock keyboard, hold down the "." (period) button ... is that what you are looking for?