JediFusion

Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

RAvirani    759

The last I read was there was still a Washington State public agency that has not fully cleared. But that should be out of the way anytime now.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Public safety in Washington has until December 31st to clear the 800mhz band. Canada is already clear. I'm hoping to see some 800mhz antennae going up soon.

• Like 2

evancg    37

Traveled from Eugene to Waldport over the weekend, and stayed in Yachats. A little disappointed in coverage, as it seems to have remained stagnant if not slightly degraded over the last year...

My mom lives in Waldport, and I could've sworn when I switched back to Sprint last year, the LTE in Waldport was solid. This time, I jumped between LTE\3G, and at times even when I had LTE, I didn't actually have data. My mom also noted that in the last couple of months, something has changed because her phone connection has just not been as good. Figured it was her G3, but my S7 Edge had the same issues.

Also surprised by the Yachats coverage. In downtown Yachats, it's only roaming (in fairness to Sprint, their coverage maps actually accurately represent this!) - and while staying at the Adobe, I jumped between LTE\3G, but again, at times I had LTE with 11mbps, and other times I had LTE but data didn't actually work.

Uplink issues along the coast maybe? Also, anyone know why Sprint is still stuck at 3G in Florence? I noticed Tmobile hasn't been able to add any LTE there either, so I'm assuming there's a reason.

• Like 1

RAvirani    759

Today I mapped a ton of LTE on Sensorly along 197 and 97 in southern Washington and northern Oregon. Should be on their maps soon :).

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• PROGRESSIVE RAFFLE
    FOR AN iPHONE 8

iphonexiphone8.jpg

WHICH CAN PROGRESS TO AN iPHONE 8+ OR AN iPHONE X
    **or an Android device of equal or lesser value**

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Nothing to do anything about number of customers... How are they not on par with the big two?  TMobile is crushing it for data in all the major markets.  If TMobile can execute their 2017 coverage map goal, they will be on par with AT&T, which is considered to be in the same coverage league as VZW.  So yes, TMobile will be in this club come 2018. https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/lte-comparison-map
    • This is a reach. AT&T and Verizon still have twice as many customers as T-Mobile and even if they added 2 Million customers per quarter it would take 8 years before they got to VZ and AT&T's current size, assuming VZW or AT&T don't have any growth at all. We can acknowledge T-Mobile's accomplishments without making it seem like they're nearly on par with the big two. In terms of data speed, sure. In terms of price, they're approaching it too. However, you won't be able to find the consistency of the duopoly's network nationwide on T-Mobile right now. That'll take quite a bit more infill sites. That's why given Sprint's "non-announcement" of 8K macro sites for expansion, I'm glad to see it's not a huge expansion because we know that they're going for reliability over square mileage.
    • burnout8488-   Probably about 30 minutes a day.  I mostly text and web browse with it. Galaxyguy-         I didn't add any other apps at that same time...  Of course, Samsung has installed a number of apps around then and in the last week that I have no use for-  I'll watch to see if indeed my battery rebounds or continues to suck.
    • And in terms of this, TMobile already does on many fronts.  They constantly prove to be #1 in so many data tests. Verizon and TMobile are essentially #1/2 in terms of data speeds and they are the most constrained carriers in terms of spectrum.  In terms of Coverage, TMobile continues to show us how they will be on par with VZW/AT&T soon and do continue to deliver with expanded coverage. TMobile is well on its way without Sprint to be equal to VZW/AT&T.  So that is three strong nationwide carriers with Sprint still being a forth option if absolute total native coverage is less a concern.  They are well on their way to provide fast speeds within existing coverage areas.  Honestly, with a little stronger rural coverage and less dead zones TMobile will be the nations #2 carrier ahead of AT&T.
    • I don't recall anyone saying they expect pricing to further reduce in either scenario...Sprint going alone nor a merger with Tmo.