Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

I had B26/41 in downtown PDX this week. B41 at the corner of Jefferson and SW 10th, and B26 in the basement of PSU's Engineering Building. B25 has been running a bit better for me as well which is of course nice too.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know when band 26 lte will be turned on in Vancouver Washington? This super slow role out is really making me frustrated. I can't ever keep a consistent 4g signal keeps dropping to 3g.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Band 26 has been turned on since November on the west side of Portland. I would be surprised if they haven't done Vancouver already. An S4GRU premier member could tell you for sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Band 26 has been turned on since November on the west side of Portland. I would be surprised if they haven't done Vancouver already. An S4GRU premier member could tell you for sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Could be a lack of optimization. If the 800 mhz cell sectors have not been optimized then they won't perform any better than band 25.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Does anyone know when band 26 lte will be turned on in Vancouver Washington? This super slow role out is really making me frustrated. I can't ever keep a consistent 4g signal keeps dropping to 3g.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

We now know why it hasn't:  http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2015/db0701/DA-15-775A1.pdf

The FCC has not given them the all clear for counties in Washington.  But they have requested to be able to get an exemption to proceed with four SW Washington counties.  Including Clark County.  I'm pretty sure this will get approved and Sprint will be able to get started north of the Columbia River.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Looks like this thread has gone over a year without a post, but as the wife and I have a trip coming up out to Oregon (mostly the coast from border to border) next month, can anyone give any insight into current expectations of coverage?   It looks like we'd be roaming a good bit off and on in between the more built up towns - who is the main roaming provider along the Oregon coast, and would there be any possibility of the roaming being through one of the partners and considered native (expecting not, but figured I'd ask)?  Thanks in advance to anyone that can offer any insight.

• Like 1

There is a fair amount of Sprint native LTE coverage on the oregon coast now, just not much band 41.  Northern coast seems to be better deployed.    Verizon is the main roaming provider so cache google maps in advance if needed.    

• Like 1

Please give us your observations after your trip. I will be down the Oregon Coast this autumn some time.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• 1 month later...

Please give us your observations after your trip. I will be down the Oregon Coast this autumn some time.

We're in Bandon tonight, after having started (coastwise) in Crescent City, CA. Thus far, the only places that have had good signal (particularly data) have been Brookings and Gold Beach. Bandon has 3G only and flaky at that (cuts in and out when its there, slow with latency when it exists. Otherwise between towns, its spotty roaming or no signal at all. As for Verizon roaming, haven't seen much of it at all- has been mostly US Cellular, with some more local carrier (Litchfield or something like that, didn't think to screen capture at the time).

I'll post more later, our next overnight is Depoe Bay.

• Like 1

We're in Astoria finally. Here, Lincoln City, Newport and Coos Bay have fairly solid LTE. Otherwise from Bandon to here its somewhat of a crapshoot coverage wise still. Saw a little more Verizon roaming than before but never very usable even then and mostly 2G only. Saw US-C roaming (some LTE/some not) a few more times as well, but there are areas you'll find absolutely no coverage voice or otherwise along US 101 in Oregon unfortunately.

Bandon by the Sea. Many memories there. And of Gold Beach.

Whenever we come back we'll probably spend at least 2 days in Bandon - the beach area there is awesome and so (relatively) peaceful, there weren't many people around the morning we were walking around. The Samuel H. Boardman area to Gold Beach is amazing too.

• Like 1

Too bad the weather has gone to hell the last few days here in oregon. Last week around this time it was 97 deg.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It was too hot! I was melting.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Too bad the weather has gone to hell the last few days here in oregon. Last week around this time it was 97 deg.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Are you talking about along the coast, or inland? Other side of the mountains is a stark contrast from my experience, it was still in the 90's when we were in Medford before heading down to Crescent City. The weather did crap out on us unfortunately yesterday with rain/fog. We could barely see a thing from the Cape Perpetua lookout, and based on that (plus timing to a smaller degree) I also nixed a planned hike on the upper trail to the lookout area at Cascade Head.

At times last week, it got up to 85-90° even at the coast. We were having warm dry air from the Inland Deserts blasting us. Glad that's over. Back to our normal 65-75° end of summer weather programming. And rain.

Yes, I moved to Western Washington in late Winter.

Where in Washington did you move too?

By the way was in Long Beach WA this weekend. Service is pretty crappy there mostly roaming everywhere. Very few times had native coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Where in Washington did you move too?

By the way was in Long Beach WA this weekend. Service is pretty crappy there mostly roaming everywhere. Very few times had native coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Olympia area.

Is Seattle getting any LTE 800 love or is Canadian IBEZ still blocking those frequencies from being deployed?

The last I read was there was still a Washington State public agency that has not fully cleared. But that should be out of the way anytime now.