Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

• 1 month later...

So last Weds I saw a telephone/power/cell tower pole on Tacoma St in Sellwood (across from New Seasons) getting worked on, and the next day I had 4G all over that neighborhood.

Is it likely that since I saw similar activity tonight near SE Bybee and 17th that I'll get similar coverage up there?

I've been getting about 25-30 mbps in Sellwood near the first 4G tower, so a second would just be awesome.

Edited by somedave

Hi, visiting from Hawaii, only getting 3-4 mb around pdx and in Vancouver at the red lion hotel. Big improvement over the 100k average you get in Hawaii lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, visiting from Hawaii, only getting 3-4 mb around pdx and in Vancouver at the red lion hotel. Big improvement over the 100k average you get in Hawaii lol

There is a tower quite far from you but I'm assuming you're in one of the higher floors of the building? I work about 10 blocks north of you and get no 4g :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There is a tower quite far from you but I'm assuming you're in one of the higher floors of the building? I work about 10 blocks north of you and get no 4g :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

According to this app I'm right next to a tower

Posted Image

This hotel only has 2 floors lol

According to this app I'm right next to a tower

This hotel only has 2 floors lol

What's the name of the app?

And you believe there is a tower on the water?

It's been stated many times over on this site, but tower location apps such as Netmonitor simply are not reliable. Most Sprint towers do not broadcast the actual location of the tower, but rather a point offset from the tower. You will find three points surrounding the site, one for each sector, creating a triangle around the site.

And even if you are next to a tower, it's likely not the same tower that you are receiving LTE from. Given the speeds you are seeing, you are likely on a fringe signal, meaning the tower is some distance from you. You can be connected to a different site for each LTE, EVDO and 1xRTT.

So last Weds I saw a telephone/power/cell tower pole on Tacoma St in Sellwood (across from New Seasons) getting worked on, and the next day I had 4G all over that neighborhood.

Is it likely that since I saw similar activity tonight near SE Bybee and 17th that I'll get similar coverage up there?

I've been getting about 25-30 mbps in Sellwood near the first 4G tower, so a second would just be awesome.

It's possible, we can't know for sure unless we can confirm it was a Sprint site they were working on.

• 1 month later...

I was leaving a friend's house tonight and I glanced at my phone just before I drove off here in Medford. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 4G icon on my Note 2. It wasn't too fast (DL approx. 2 Mbps using Speedtest.net) but consistent. I live about two miles away and when I got home, 3G was back in charge. All night, the 4G pops up for a minute or two before going back to 3G. Just to check, I drove back to my friend's neighborhood near Washington Elementary, and 4G was steady again. After nearly a year with the Note 2, I'm ecstatic that official LTE love isn't as far away as some thought... including me. :o)

• Like 1

I was leaving a friend's house tonight and I glanced at my phone just before I drove off here in Medford. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the 4G icon on my Note 2. It wasn't too fast (DL approx. 2 Mbps using Speedtest.net) but consistent. I live about two miles away and when I got home, 3G was back in charge. All night, the 4G pops up for a minute or two before going back to 3G. Just to check, I drove back to my friend's neighborhood near Washington Elementary, and 4G was steady again. After nearly a year with the Note 2, I'm ecstatic that official LTE love isn't as far away as some thought... including me. :o)

Great news. There are maps in the Sponsor section that get updated every day or two that show all the sites where LTE has been accepted as complete. For more information about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor, visit this link: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Driving up to Portland at the end of the month. Wifey put me in the charge of booking hotel. Guess what one of my criteria will be. :D

Any hotel recommendations that def get lte? Price and reviews will weigh in too I'm sure. But let's be real. Thanks in advance guys.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Driving up to Portland at the end of the month. Wifey put me in the charge of booking hotel. Guess what one of my criteria will be. :D

Any hotel recommendations that def get lte? Price and reviews will weigh in too I'm sure. But let's be real. Thanks in advance guys.

check out the sensorly lte map, I had good service in Vancouver near Portland and in the city when I went a month in a half ago

• Like 1

What part of town are you going to be in, downtown area or the 'burbs?

I don't have LTE at my place in SW Beaverton yet, but I get it most everywhere else I frequent. I do get LTE for the majority of my drive to work in SE Portland (on the East side of the Willamette River), which is great. Downtown is fairly well covered, but the signal isn't consistently strong yet.

Definitely give Sensorly a good look when you book your room! :tu:

• Like 1

What part of town are you going to be in, downtown area or the 'burbs?

I don't have LTE at my place in SW Beaverton yet, but I get it most everywhere else I frequent. I do get LTE for the majority of my drive to work in SE Portland (on the East side of the Willamette River), which is great. Downtown is fairly well covered, but the signal isn't consistently strong yet.

Definitely give Sensorly a good look when you book your room! :tu:

Probably downtown. I'll for sure check Sensorly. Just wondering if you guys had any good experience with pdx hotels. Besides pine state biscuits and voodoo anything else I must have? Haven't started researching yet. I might as well start here since I already spend too much time on this site. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Probably downtown. I'll for sure check Sensorly. Just wondering if you guys had any good experience with pdx hotels. Besides pine state biscuits and voodoo anything else I must have? Haven't started researching yet. I might as well start here since I already spend too much time on this site. :D

Salt and straw, go take a waking tour of downtown. We stayed at the red lion quay in Vancouver, had marginal lte. Was more like a motel but it was close to pdx airport and the city and ikea. Near my friend's parent's deli in progress I was hitting 15mbit lte

• Like 1

Salt and straw, go take a waking tour of downtown. We stayed at the red lion quay in Vancouver, had marginal lte. Was more like a motel but it was close to pdx airport and the city and ikea. Near my friend's parent's deli in progress I was hitting 15mbit lte

Wow I just looked at a food tour and it was 75 bucks a person. Pricey for not a full meal.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

On my trip this past weekend, signal check said 800 was coming from here.

Lte was hit or miss downtown. Sometimes completely useless even though I was very close to a site.

Also got 800 in the mountains down south near grants pass on the mountains.

• 2 months later...

So today in my area fishers landing Vancouver WA I got an early Christmas present they turned on lte and 1x 800. I have been on 1x 800 all day almost every where I have been today. Also I noticed the voice quality has improved tremendously on sprint to sprint. I wonder if it has anything to do with hd voice. Finally seeing some progress with network vision.