Network Vision/LTE - Oregon/SW Washington (including Portland/Vancouver/Salem/Eugene/Medford)

JediFusion

This morning I connected to Band 26 at home for the first time. I'm in SW Beaverton (Murray-Scholls area), and now have access to all three LTE bands in the immediate area! :D

• Like 6

I am actually curious if it is really "working". I have not had any issue with dropping to 3G but am a little disappointed at the range. I only live about .5 a mile from the site and can't connect to it often at home. I do notice that band 25 is thankful for the assistance as that is noticeably faster.

Might as well get rid of the uniband for a triband now. B25/26/41 is real and active now that you can take advantage of. The LTE roaming stuff won't be finalized till Q1 2015 and after. 

• Like 1

I stopped into the nearest sprint store to check the speed of the new band 41. Wow! Time to retire my S3. Or should I hold out for band 12 capable devices? b0f218e4483192e6ba40560f3a1dba37.jpg

I get those results whenever I'm inside the Sprint store on Hall Blvd in Tigard/Portland (not the Sprint Store inside Washington Square.

Im new to Sprint. I came onboard from ATT after 12 years and I took advantage of the cut your bill in half promo. Now my question is this...I live in Troutdale (97060) and is there any place I can get info about Spark coming to my area? I know when I travel to Lloyd Center Im in Spark, so I believe theres a tower somewhere near the vicinity.

Ive researched on the internet and cannot find anything about Portland coming online with Spark anytime soon. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my Silver iPhone 6+

One fellow on the Sprint subreddit found himself some band 41 out in Portland, I don't know anything about Troutdale.

My advice to you, being new here and all: learn about the Sprint network. About LTE bands and Network Vision. Then join the sponsors through donation and take a look at cell site maps, as they will tell you local LTE enabled towers by you as well as nationwide. It's a lot to learn, but its beneficial to understand the network as well as make you worldly about how cellular service works.

Welcome to S4GRU!

• Like 2

I get those results whenever I'm inside the Sprint store on Hall Blvd in Tigard/Portland (not the Sprint Store inside Washington Square.

I got this last night while in the Taco Bell drive thru on Hall & Scholls Ferry Rd...practically across the street from that Sprint store. Fastest Band 41 speed I have personally seen so far. :D

Screenshot_2014-12-19-00-34-27_zpsuxa0ed

• Like 4

Im new to Sprint. I came onboard from ATT after 12 years and I took advantage of the cut your bill in half promo. Now my question is this...I live in Troutdale (97060) and is there any place I can get info about Spark coming to my area? I know when I travel to Lloyd Center Im in Spark, so I believe theres a tower somewhere near the vicinity.

Ive researched on the internet and cannot find anything about Portland coming online with Spark anytime soon. Thanks for your input.

Welcome to Sprint and to S4GRU!

Sprint is actively rolling out Spark (LTE Band 41) in the Portland metro area, which will include Troutdale.

I cannot give any specifics in this thread regarding the sites in Troutdale, but I would not be surprised to see them upgraded within the next few months, due to how quickly the Band 41 rollout seems to be occurring here. I am connecting to B41 LTE more and more each week.

As payturr mentioned, there is a wealth of information available to Sponsors and Premier Sponsors, including maps and upgrade schedules for all Sprint sites in the Oregon/SW Washington market. I definitely recommend making a donation to help keep the site funded if you are interested in learning more.

Again, :welc:

Eugene got any of this Spark love yet? That's my home town. I'm excited about Spark, because the regular old LTE, was doing pretty terrible when I tested it, back in May 2014 ..

I was doing 20-50% the speed of T-Mobile LTE side by side.

That's when I realized not all LTE was created equal. >.<

5x5, vs 10x10, etc..

Spark to the rescue!!

Edited by wise

9e95a4ac4ad1d9c05b0f1348018c9077.jpg

I guess im running on 2 bars of Spark and am averaging 12/2 in my parking lot. Once inside my house it switches to to band 26. Im in Troutdale on 257th and Glisan.

Edited by wildmangk
  • Like 1

I got this last night while in the Taco Bell drive thru on Hall & Scholls Ferry Rd...practically across the street from that Sprint store. Fastest Band 41 speed I have personally seen so far. :D

Screenshot_2014-12-19-00-34-27_zpsuxa0ed

What's the name of the program that you're using to show the Band 41 signal strength on your phone? Signal Check Pro doesn't seem to be working my phone unless I'm rooted. I don't want to root my phone and lose the option to receive updates for my phone (a note 4). What's the "12KB/s" indicator next to it mean?

What's the name of the program that you're using to show the Band 41 signal strength on your phone? Signal Check Pro doesn't seem to be working my phone unless I'm rooted. I don't want to root my phone and lose the option to receive updates for my phone (a note 4). What's the "12KB/s" indicator next to it mean?

The Band 41 signal strength icon in my status bar is a new feature of SignalCheck Pro. I'm in the SCP beta group and have been testing it for the past couple of weeks. SignalCheck Pro was just recently updated to include this awesome feature, so give the update a shot. Hopefully it works for you now. :tu:

The "12KB/s" is from Internet Speed Meter. It's a neat little app that shows your data speed in real time, as well as your data usage over the past 30 days. I used the lite version for a while and liked it so much that I upgraded to the paid version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.internet.speed.meter.lite

The Band 41 signal strength icon in my status bar is a new feature of SignalCheck Pro. I'm in the SCP beta group and have been testing it for the past couple of weeks. SignalCheck Pro was just recently updated to include this awesome feature, so give the update a shot. Hopefully it works for you now. :tu:

The "12KB/s" is from Internet Speed Meter. It's a neat little app that shows your data speed in real time, as well as your data usage over the past 30 days. I used the lite version for a while and liked it so much that I upgraded to the paid version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.internet.speed.meter.lite

Wish those where available for ios

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone have news or anything of interest in the Portland Metro Market? Things in my hood in Inner SE have been rather quiet. One of the 3g only sites recently was updated on SE Woodstock with B25 LTE which sort of sucks as it seems to override all the band 26/41 that I was getting before when out and and about in the neighborhood. Why would they upgrade a site and only activate 25, and not 26/41 too? Also looks like Sprint is showing Portland as a Spark market on their coverage map now.

Anyone have news or anything of interest in the Portland Metro Market? Things in my hood in Inner SE have been rather quiet. One of the 3g only sites recently was updated on SE Woodstock with B25 LTE which sort of sucks as it seems to override all the band 26/41 that I was getting before when out and and about in the neighborhood. Why would they upgrade a site and only activate 25, and not 26/41 too? Also looks like Sprint is showing Portland as a Spark market on their coverage map now.

For testing sake, they will eventually enable B26/41 again, and you will probably see better performance once its all back to normal. Also, depending on schedule you will probably see that new site convert to Triband sooner than later. That site might have been on schedule for B25 for a while before B41 plans were finalized.

• Like 1