iPhone 5 Carrier update?

nobius

Updated your PRL, most likely.

Carrier files could contain the PRL update, however, their is an actual separate carrier file for the phone. What those do, I can't remember, but they usually come in OS updates, and very rarely as separate updates.

Carrier files could contain the PRL update, however, their is an actual separate carrier file for the phone. What those do, I can't remember, but they usually come in OS updates, and very rarely as separate updates.

I know. It has all of the credentials and info the phone needs to connect to the Sprint network. What exactly that means, I have no idea.

Have any of you been having slow data connections and sms (picture mail mostly) failed to send errors? My fiancee' has the ip5 and has been having these problems, along with a lot of other people. I wonder if this update is to fix this??

I received this too. Also, isn't there a way to dial a number that forces the phone to grab the latest carrier information? Does anyone have that information on hand?

All I did was connect my phone to iTunes and a prompt told me an update was available.

I received this too. Also' date=' isn't there a way to dial a number that forces the phone to grab the latest carrier information? Does anyone have that information on hand?[/quote']

Carrier files are pushed by OTA or from connecting to iTunes. PRL updates can be forced by dialing a number, which I don't have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Carrier files are pushed by OTA or from connecting to iTunes. PRL updates can be forced by dialing a number, which I don't have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

The number to force a PRL update is ##873283# (##UPDATE#).

Usually if you go into the About screen under settings you will be prompted to do the carrier update if one is available.

• Like 1

My iPhone 5 back when I had it (for a mere 5 days), 3G would constantly stop working, would just freeze up after a certain amount of time or after a phone call longer then a few minutes. My mom had the same exact issues on her iP5, she still has it and it received the carrier update a few days ago and it appears that addressed the issue, though I haven't checked it much to really see, but 3G worked fine yesterday when I tried it.

my wifi icon has been broken ever since it did this update. it always says minimum signal, however wifi works just as it did before.

You might have to reset your network settings. The worst you would have to do after that is re-add all your wifi routers.