Network Vision/LTE - West Texas Market (including Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo)

nhanges

Even so, it's great to know that LTE is finally coming to our neck of the woods. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I'd like to be able to actually use my phone outside the house to do more than make phone calls.

According to a relative, she was told about the same date. Apparently, the reps that work in the area recieved emails regarding the rollout. I live right next to the tower in progress in Midland. WIll post whatever I find.

• Like 1

Even so, it's great to know that LTE is finally coming to our neck of the woods. Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I'd like to be able to actually use my phone outside the house to do more than make phone calls.

According to a relative, she was told about the same date. Apparently, the reps that work in the area recieved emails regarding the rollout. I live right next to the tower in progress in Midland. WIll post whatever I find.

I think the confusion with the reps is they are confusing work starting with LTE being ready. Since I have access to Sprint site databases, and not one LTE site has been completed to date anywhere in the West Texas market, I know it's going to be a while until full coverage or completion.

It typically takes 6-12 months for full coverage to appear over a market. Since West Texas is not a huge market in number of sites, it may be like 6-8 months. They just started in West Texas in April. You will likely have a few sites live in the next 30-45 days in this market. Full coverage between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and market completion middle of next year.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think the confusion with the reps is they are confusing work starting with LTE being ready. Since I have access to Sprint site databases, and not one LTE site has been completed to date anywhere in the West Texas market, I know it's going to be a while until full coverage or completion.

It typically takes 6-12 months for full coverage to appear over a market. Since West Texas is not a huge market in number of sites, it may be like 6-8 months. They just started in West Texas in April. You will likely have a few sites live in the next 30-45 days in this market. Full coverage between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and market completion middle of next year.

Well any progress is good for me. I'm not expecting a fast and painless process. We may not have a huge subscriber market, but we are huge geographically and have dozens of small towns that would look good on corporate PowerPoints. Mostly my impatience comes from being in one of the first markets for WiMax. I didn't have to wait over a year to get faster speeds. I got spoiled.

Even if we only see increased CDMA speeds out of this for a few months until we see LTE, I would be much happier.

On the plus side, I love learning everything I can from this site, and feel much more empowered knowing the spectrum side along with the technical and marketing sides of the smartphone market. Sprint is doing the right things, it may not be the easiest way of going about it, but it will pay off in the very near future.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm glad to see San Angelo is 3g accepted on multiple towers. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be some lte by Thanksgiving when I visit there again. :)

Service has been down ( data works but unable to call or text ) here in Big Spring for about three days. Could they be working on towers? Haven't had a chance to drive by any of them.

Found these panels at tower DA04AL048. Posted Image

Also have seen crews working on said tower.

Att is supposed to be upgrading towers here as well. Their online maps even show LTE in our area, but it's not live. Keeping my fingers crossed for it being Sprint.

Found these panels at tower DA04AL048. da6apu2a.jpg

Also have seen crews working on said tower.

Att is supposed to be upgrading towers here as well. Their online maps even show LTE in our area, but it's not live. Keeping my fingers crossed for it being Sprint.

Ever see an ATT site with 3 RRU's? Nope? Thought so.

Ever see an ATT site with 3 RRU's? Nope? Thought so.

Well I was more concerned with getting the pic and showing the experts here than what was in the image. I figured it might've been ATT since our maps don't show this tower in progress. I don't know how you saw that, but that's a great sign!!

Well I was more concerned with getting the pic and showing the experts here than what was in the image. I figured it might've been ATT since our maps don't show this tower in progress. I don't know how you saw that, but that's a great sign!!

hqCO2Af.jpg

hqCO2Af.jpg

Now I see it!! I think I need to pay a visit to my eye doctor.

Now I see it!! I think I need to pay a visit to my eye doctor.

Looks like a Sprint/Ericsson set up to me. Congrats on the find.

• 2 weeks later...

Update from here in Clarendon, Texas:

They are installing fiber lines all up and down highway 287 and at the tower site here in town they laid fiber line several months ago. It's looking good guys :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm here in San Angelo and its 2:57 a.m. and 4G is on and its working strong. Fastest DL speed I saw shot up to 28 Megs... I'm sure they still have a long way to go, but this is a good sign for all of west Texas

• Like 1

I'm here in San Angelo and its 2:57 a.m. and 4G is on and its working strong. Fastest DL speed I saw shot up to 28 Megs... I'm sure they still have a long way to go, but this is a good sign for all of west Texas

Thanks for the update! Wow!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So excited that San Angelo has its first LTE cell site.  Now when I go see mom, my phone network won't be so painful.  I've been keeping my eye on the map waiting for it to happen.  :D

• Like 1