nhanges

Network Vision/LTE - West Texas Market (including Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo)

nhanges    0

I spoke with a corporate Sprint representative who told me that 4G LTE would be here in Midland, TX by around March and that there are actually two towers here already equipped but they just need to be activated. In the meantime, I have started a facebook page to voice our desire for LTE here in West Texas. Midland was one of the first cities in the USA to have 4G Wimax so I think we should also have LTE as soon as possible!

Here's the link---please like- THANKS!

https://www.facebook...dessaTx?fref=ts

S4GRU    54,568

I spoke with a corporate Sprint representative who told me that 4G LTE would be here in Midland, TX by around March and that there are actually two towers here already equipped but they just need to be activated. In the meantime, I have started a facebook page to voice our desire for LTE here in West Texas. Midland was one of the first cities in the USA to have 4G Wimax so I think we should also have LTE as soon as possible!

Here's the link---please like- THANKS!

https://www.facebook...dessaTx?fref=ts

It is possible that the West Texas market will start soon. It was originally slated to begin in early 2013. However, there are not 2 newly converted sites yet in the Midland area. The CSR you spoke with was probably confused with the Network Maintenance Upgrades shown in the Glance system and Network Vision/LTE upgrades. However, if you see any activity at any Midland/Odessa Sprint sites, take some pictures and post them. We can usually tell you from pics if they are NV work or not.

Robert

• Like 1

J3ST3R    3

Picking up some eHRPD here in Big Spring, TX. Very slow mind you but hey it's a start right?

Screenshot_2013-01-12-01-19-30.png

Screenshot_2013-01-12-01-09-36.png

• Like 2

Traxion165    0

I just wanted to post a few pics of a newer tower in Midland. I was hoping you could tell me what exactly this is.

Thanks for all you guys do!

post-11206-0-46615000-1361305869_thumb.jpg

S4GRU    54,568
I just wanted to post a few pics of a newer tower in Midland. I was hoping you could tell me what exactly this is.

Thanks for all you guys do!

Doesn't look like any Sprint panels I've ever seen.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Traxion165    0

That's strange. On network.sprint.com it lists this tower and about 8 months ago it was listed as new.

S4GRU    54,568
That's strange. On network.sprint.com it lists this tower and about 8 months ago it was listed as new.

Not strange at all. Sprint has used dozens of different PCS capable panels. I don't know every single one used. And these do not look like any I've ever seen before.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

There building new towers in San Angelo. So far theres 2 of them not sure wos they are but i thought id mention it on here. I google mapped the locations and noticed there all 1 mile apart. attached picture is one that i took from work.

post-12913-0-87204400-1364421200_thumb.jpg

Pole1224    6

There building new towers in San Angelo. So far theres 2 of them not sure wos they are but i thought id mention it on here. I google mapped the locations and noticed there all 1 mile apart. attached picture is one that i took from work.

humm idk I hope they are Sprint lte towers

the West Texas market is now at 3% im excited to see it higher than 0! does that mean theres sites already running or just completed how does that work?

nhanges    0

Direct from Sprint Corporate:

"Hi Nicholas,

Bill White forwarded me your message because I am the person on his team responsible for Network PR. The information I have suggests that Midland/Odessa should begin getting 4G LTE mid-summer and will fill in over the next several months. I wish it could have been March! Thanks for your loyalty to Sprint; we’re working really hard to get all of our customers 4G LTE as quickly as possible.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kelly"

I just spotted this tower being worked on in san angelo. If I'm not crazy it looks like a sprint network. Multiple ruus and many cables connecting on the bottom

Pole1224    6

I just talked to sprint and they told me that lubbock has a strip of 4 g lte coverage and they are working on more towers. they told by end of this month or beginning of may lubbick should have 4 g lte civerage!! yay cant wait!!

S4GRU    54,568
I just spotted this tower being worked on in san angelo. If I'm not crazy it looks like a sprint network. Multiple ruus and many cables connecting on the bottom

You aren't crazy. The first NV sites were accepted in Abilene and San Angelo last week. Over on our Sponsor maps they show the locations.

• Like 3

mttmks    5

You aren't crazy. The first NV sites were accepted in Abilene and San Angelo last week. Over on our Sponsor maps they show the locations.

How can you tell if a site has been accepted on the sponsor maps?

mttmks    5

Ok thank you. Glad to know there's at least some progress in West TX.

matt2k12    0

Saw this in my Sprint Zone today: https://network.sprint.com/search/79762/

Don't know what it means or if this info was available before today. Just the fact that they are talking about it means the cat is out of the bag and they cant stop the ball rolling now. I expect LTE in the next few months or maybe less. Is this unrealistic?

S4GRU    54,568

Saw this in my Sprint Zone today: https://network.sprint.com/search/79762/

Don't know what it means or if this info was available before today. Just the fact that they are talking about it means the cat is out of the bag and they cant stop the ball rolling now. I expect LTE in the next few months or maybe less. Is this unrealistic?

It seems to have been sent nationwide. However, with that said, the West Texas market has started deployment.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

matt2k12    0

From the "Bring Sprint 4g LTE to Odessa Midland" Facebook page:

Okay, don't get your hopes too high but a Sprint rep told me yesterday we will definitely have 4G LTE on June 6! He also said between 12am and 4am you will see your LTE enabled phone switching from 3G to LTE. Post here if you have seen any evidence, thanks!

S4GRU    54,568

From the "Bring Sprint 4g LTE to Odessa Midland" Facebook page:

Okay, don't get your hopes too high but a Sprint rep told me yesterday we will definitely have 4G LTE on June 6! He also said between 12am and 4am you will see your LTE enabled phone switching from 3G to LTE. Post here if you have seen any evidence, thanks!

They have just started deploying in the West Texas market. If something goes live in the Midland/Odessa area soon, it would be one or two sites. Sprint takes every site live, one at a time. They will not light up all the sites in the area all at once.

It is going to take months to do all the sites in the area.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta