Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

dstrait

Has anyone sucessfully connected to LTE with an EVO LTE ? I've been in several of the mapped sites on sensorly in VA and have not picked up LTE. I have toggled airplane mode in addition to the 4636 menu of LTE only with still no luck...

This may be one of those silly "Did you check you power cord" comments, but did you verify your phone is in LTA/CDMA mode instead of just CDMA. My S3 came defaulted to CDMA only.

I wonder if the sensorly locations are now off. I've found sites off that were clearly on the day before. only way to know for sure would be to go to an area that is officially live, or coordinate with someone who has confirmed working lte. I also remember reading about the evo having some lte issues on xda forums.

I went back to the Reston location last night and was unable to connect to LTE in the exact same spot or any spot along Sunrise Valley Drive.

The Reston site also did not show up in the past update. So it hasn't been accepted by Sprint. It may have been testing by the OEM, or part of a building DAS system.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Anyone have any idea who Sprint is using as the primary AAV in the District? Based on how slow (I am sure DC government can share the blame) they are getting their connections to NV towers - it feels like Comcast.

Has anyone sucessfully connected to LTE with an EVO LTE ? I've been in several of the mapped sites on sensorly in VA and have not picked up LTE. I have toggled airplane mode in addition to the 4636 menu of LTE only with still no luck...

My EvoLTE has connected successfully to LTE several times recently with no intervention on my part at all. I haven't had to toggle or do anything weird.

On Sunday I was in Suitland, Maryland just off of Pennsylvania Avenue, about a mile over the Southern Ave border and I had LTE indoors and outside. I have also connected successfully to the Bowie tower several times without doing anything special.

I keep my EvoLTE in LTE/CDMA mode all the time. I am not rooted and I have no special PRLs or anything. It is completely stock.

What LUCK! I've been following this site to keep up w/ the LTE rollout. I got my first taste several months ago (quite literally, just enough to run a few tests to convince myself it was real!) in Baltimore on my way back from Philly. I ventured out when Alexandria started showing up on Sensorly and I mapped a few points off Eisenhower Ave. I've also done my best to add some extra points out in Front Royal on the Shentel side of things when I go to Shenandoah NP. However this weekend's newest LTE blossom in the I66/US50/123 area of Fairfax is almost to good to be true. 1st... I live along side I66 and in a sort of "bowled out" area of land so I never got WiMAX at my house (yard, indoors, upstairs, anywhere). The signal would literally drop the second I went up my drive. Likewise, my EvDO service was marginal (1-2 GNex "bars") but generally provided adequate voice coverage and data when I ventured out of WiFi range.

FAST FORWARD to last night

I get home, I was having software-related connectivity issues w/ eHRPD (could "see" CDMA and/or 4G but wouldn;t handoff), only forcing EvDO sans-eHRPD/LTE would enable me to aquire data connectivity. After a reflash of my rom I was able to aquire an LTE signal in my yard... and most surprisingly in my house as well!!! I do seem to notice a very modest increase in my CDMA signal strength too but that could just be placebo. Anyways... I went from marginal 3G and no LTE or WiMAX to useable LTE even indoors and that's with just one nearby site complete and LTE-enabled... Network Vision is going to be awesome!!!!!

• Like 3

What LUCK! I've been following this site to keep up w/ the LTE rollout. I got my first taste several months ago (quite literally, just enough to run a few tests to convince myself it was real!) in Baltimore on my way back from Philly. I ventured out when Alexandria started showing up on Sensorly and I mapped a few points off Eisenhower Ave. I've also done my best to add some extra points out in Front Royal on the Shentel side of things when I go to Shenandoah NP. However this weekend's newest LTE blossom in the I66/US50/123 area of Fairfax is almost to good to be true. 1st... I live along side I66 and in a sort of "bowled out" area of land so I never got WiMAX at my house (yard, indoors, upstairs, anywhere). The signal would literally drop the second I went up my drive. Likewise, my EvDO service was marginal (1-2 GNex "bars") but generally provided adequate voice coverage and data when I ventured out of WiFi range.

FAST FORWARD to last night

I get home, I was having software-related connectivity issues w/ eHRPD (could "see" CDMA and/or 4G but wouldn;t handoff), only forcing EvDO sans-eHRPD/LTE would enable me to aquire data connectivity. After a reflash of my rom I was able to aquire an LTE signal in my yard... and most surprisingly in my house as well!!! I do seem to notice a very modest increase in my CDMA signal strength too but that could just be placebo. Anyways... I went from marginal 3G and no LTE or WiMAX to useable LTE even indoors and that's with just one nearby site complete and LTE-enabled... Network Vision is going to be awesome!!!!!

That's awesome! I have an almost okay signal at my house, and I'm hoping for an upgrade to LTE any day now, seeing as I can get it a couple hundred feet away. Stick, NV has been great to me, I can actually stream things now if I'm connected to the right tower.

Sent from a mobile toaster

So like most people on this forum, one of my Chrome tabs is this forum, the other is Sensorly. It looks like there has been some new mapping near the original Reston Sprint building blip at Sunrise Valley and Fairfax County Parkway. I was there last night and couldn't get a signal so this is definitely a new addition. I haven't been by today to see if its actually active or not.

• Like 1

I was at the Reston Parkway / Sunrise Valley Dr intersection in Reston and acquired a very weak LTE signal on SVD. I work at the Reston International Center and had a terribly weak signal in the parking lot to this intersection. It evaporated as I got on the Reston Parkway. In the parking lot I had a -114 dBm LTE signal and only got 3.3 mbps down due to the weak signal. I'm not sure if it's coming from the Sprint building as it got weaker as I approached it, but who knows.

If anyone knows where the clocktower in Herndon is, I was picking up some nice LTE there tonight as well. Ill map it on sensorly when I go to the gym tomorrow!

That is 3 blocks south of me if you are referring to the shopping center with Red White and Blue on the north end.

Turns out I am able to get an LTE signal in the Reston International Center. By a window I can get 10 Mbps. Further internal to the building I get ~2.7-3.3 Mbps and occassional drops to 3G. CDMA Field Test puts the cell site on the Toll Road (267 for those outside of the region) between Monroe St and 7100.

I will be mapping from Dulles along the Greenway westbound when I head up to Frederick for my usual run in the afternoon.Who says FedEx doesn't deliver?

I just ran that same route a few nights ago. It was way too dark to see if any RRU's were on the cell site towers. I did not get a blip of LTE anywhere on the route, not even in Dulles. But now I do see Dulles lit up just after I departed. Maybe route 267 and route 15 will start to go purple soon. Looking good. Keep up the good work. We need you to keep adding to Sensorly in your travels.

Somebody needs to put a GPS locator on the the work crew/s?. It would save a lot of time. They seem to be picking off locations counter clockwise around the DC beltway. Will they press into VA for a while or Head up 270.

They are starting to make good progress in the DC burbs area now.