Galaxy Nexus Dialer Codes

MacinJosh

Decompile the dialer apk and dig around. Sometimes it jumps to another apk like the note 2 did.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I don't know how to decompile an apk. :( I'm not programming oriented yet.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I don't know how to decompile an apk. :( I'm not programming oriented yet.

No programming needed. The guides can be found on Google. Then just dig around for the current ## codes and the others should be right there.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Does anyone know any other dialer codes for the G-Nex? I know of the *#*#debug#*#* and the *#*#checkin#*#*.

If you can either snag the phone.apk file or a spot to download it I'll take a look.

If you can either snag the phone.apk file or a spot to download it I'll take a look.

Google has the FC05 source code on their website. Since Saturday night I've been back in Nevada with just my phone to tether from. And that has been a real challenge. We are going to try to get internet tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th, but that is a big IF right now.

Google has the FC05 source code on their website. Since Saturday night I've been back in Nevada with just my phone to tether from. And that has been a real challenge. We are going to try to get internet tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th, but that is a big IF right now.

Make sure it's not just the source code of the phone before the Sprint requirements are added in.

Make sure it's not just the source code of the phone before the Sprint requirements are added in.

Samsung has the source code available for download too. I believe its the same thing, but I'll look as soon as I have internet again.

• 6 months later...

For the Galaxy Nexus, the only dialer code that you really need to know is *#*#helpgetmeoutofthegalaxynexustoamuchbetterphone#*#*.

AJ

• Like 1

For the Galaxy Nexus, the only dialer code that you really need to know is *#*#helpgetmeoutofthegalaxynexustoamuchbetterphone#*#*.

AJ

And ##pleasebrickmeforeverandsendmetothelandfillwhereibelong#

Wait, I just found another dialer code:  *#*#posviatelecom#*#*.

AJ

• Like 1

I was only asking because an AOSP dev is working to get the Sprint system updates working on non-Nexus devices.  Since a high level RIL change in the Note 2 family, LTE and eHRPD are lost your first reboot after a flash and never come back.  Only way to get them back is to flash back to a TW ROM and do a hands free activation.  Then flash back to CM and never reboot ;)

I was only asking because an AOSP dev is working to get the Sprint system updates working on non-Nexus devices.  Since a high level RIL change in the Note 2 family, LTE and eHRPD are lost your first reboot after a flash and never come back.  Only way to get them back is to flash back to a TW ROM and do a hands free activation.  Then flash back to CM and never reboot ;)

I know I sound like a broken record, but if you want full capabilities, stick to the stock ROM.  Some of you guys tweak way too much.  I just do not get it.  I have better things to do.

AJ

I know I sound like a broken record, but if you want full capabilities, stick to the stock ROM.  Some of you guys tweak way too much.  I just do not get it.  I have better things to do.

AJ

Not a broken record at all, for me it comes down to personal preference.  I LOVE the Note 2 device and if there was a Nexus or Google Experience version, I'd have bought that.  However, I can't stand the bloat and sheer size of stock TW ROMs, not to mention the GUI.  I feel like it is designed to please teenage, screaming, bubblegum pop fan girls!

digiblur has done an amazing job with is stripped down stock TW ROM, but that is still 630MB to install, while an AOSP/CM ROM is 167MB, plus 91MB GApps.  That is less than half the size, then I can add the apps and widgets I want, skipping all the Samsung TW crap that I have no need for and just takes up space.

Sounds like another few individuals in a few markets with not making sure they have all the firmware/pieces to their baseband updates and now they have no LTE and others do.  If you take the risk you have to be prepared to have something broken.  On the Epic the only thing that really made the phone run correctly was CM.  But with the Note2 it has so much space/RAM the size of things really aren't a concern to me.  My concern with stripping down the ROM was based on battery life/background processes.  I could have stripped it down even more but it would start removing core functions such as the pen, engineering menus, etc.

• Like 1

And ##pleasebrickmeforeverandsendmetothelandfillwhereibelong#

Oh c'mon guys, it's not THAT bad. Just the sh*tty CDMA baseband (but the CM10.1 stable build seems to be playing nicely, FINALLY). Another reason not to hate: POGO+Samsung Car Dock=money. That said, I am craving a Google Edition GS5 (since thats about the time I'll be up for my upgrade... man I miss the old Premier upgrade cycle!)

After my Epic 4G (which wasn't TERRIBLE either) I swore off TW forever.

Nahhh, it is just called one of the worst current Sprint handsets.

I always thought the EVO LTE takes the cake there.

It's not perfect but what exactly makes it "one of the worst"? The CDMA baseband? RF performance?

I mean I've had mine over a year and have my complaints (keep in mind the GNex was introduced a year and a half ago), but honestly not sure that assessment is entirely fair.

Nahhh, it is just called one of the worst current Sprint handsets.

I always thought the EVO LTE takes the cake there.

It's not perfect but what exactly makes it "one of the worst"? The CDMA baseband? RF performance?

I mean I've had mine over a year and have my complaints (keep in mind the GNex was introduced a year and a half ago), but honestly not sure that assessment is entirely fair.

As a former GNex user, I will agree with Digiblur's assessment. I'm on number 3 as the 1st 2 overheated. As a result, I went and got an iPhone 5 and went back to iOS where I came from when I switched to Sprint. When (and if) the Tri-Band GS4 comes to Sprint, I will get one, but nothing less than a flagship phone for me from now on.

Not to mention, that crappy VIA Telecom chipset drove me crazy at home where my signal isn't the best because of the extremely large trees in between me and the closest Sprint tower.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

As a former GNex user, I will agree with Digiblur's assessment. I'm on number 3 as the 1st 2 overheated. As a result, I went and got an iPhone 5 and went back to iOS where I came from when I switched to Sprint. When (and if) the Tri-Band GS4 comes to Sprint, I will get one, but nothing less than a flagship phone for me from now on.

Not to mention, that crappy VIA Telecom chipset drove me crazy at home where my signal isn't the best because of the extremely large trees in between me and the closest Sprint tower.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

The VIA Telecom baseband is most certainly bad, although I have noticed a dramatic improvement on 800SMR vs PCS as far as acquiring a stable signal in the fringes of coverage (ie. up in a National Park) which surprised me because I always assumed PCS attenuates less w/ clear line of sight than 800SMR would, but maybe I'm wrong there.

When it was released the Galaxy Nexus was one of the first two handset released that supported LTE, and since the GSIII wasn't yet available I would call the Galaxy Nexus a "flagship" (at least when it came out, around when I bought mine).

Some of my friends have the GSM model and don't seem to have any data issues. I think the unique way eHRPD and the CDMA and LTE basebands interact (and the fact that the VIA chip is trash) is really to root of most problems (including, coincedentally, the periodic overheating the device has been know to experience).

That said, I consider myself lucky because while my GNex can get rather hot in the vehicle dock I don;t seem to have problems otherwise. My friend who also has one on Sprint has mentioned his will overheat from time to time. My theory is that the VIA baseband is so terrible on the fringes that it hunts and pecks for signal much more than it ought to, and this is what is usually the culprit.

Tri-band GS4... that would be heaven... and LTE-A please too!