3G icon lite even when connecting 1xRTT

kckid

I was using netmonitor today and noticed that my connection was 1xRTT and the 3G icon on my EVO LTE was still displaying.

Yeah, unfortunately the stock rom shows 3g even when on 1x, most custom roms has the display 1x mod included.

• Like 1

It's a rather strange policy, but as others have mentioned, Sprint has decided to hide the 1x signal from their customers. But only on 4G capable phones. I suppose they figure people having three network modes show up would be far too confusing for the poor stupid customers. </sarcasm>

What is ironic, is that T-Mobile doesn't disguise their EDGE network and even call it 2G. And Tmo has a much higher percentage of their network as EDGE only than Sprint has 1x only. So the intentional deception is stupid, IMHO. I know technically 1xRTT is a 3G technology, but the intent is to disguise their 1x network.

On my Verizon work phone it shows 1X, 3G and LTE in the display. On my Verizon hotspot, it shows 2G, 3G and LTE. Both of these formats is more transparent.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

You actually got a nexus 4? I hear very few orders have been filled.

Does your google play version have DC-HSPA+? How is it working for you?

I answered in the Nexus 4 thread, to stay on topic: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2244-lg-nexus-4/page__view__findpost__p__71564

Robert

• Like 1

Hopefully they'll stop once Network Vision is complete. People will notice the 3G in conjunction to the 15kbps speeds and run off screaming "Sprint sucks!!!"

They'll take it to the next level and call it 4G.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I use open signal and use the widget on my homescreen to see what it is on. The galaxy nexus hides 2G from you but it shows R at rxtt.

And don't kid yourself, in Harrisburg I did get a 4g lte speed test at 700kbps down...

Edited by nocturnal

I use open signal and use the widget on my homescreen to see what it is on. The galaxy nexus hides 2G from you but it shows R at rxtt.

And don't kid yourself, in Harrisburg I did get a 4g lte speed test at 700kbps down...

I think R means roaming and by the default consumer prl, you'll roam on Verizon's 1x coverage.

I think R means roaming and by the default consumer prl, you'll roam on Verizon's 1x coverage.

Not sure, isn't roaming the triangle? You might be right. I switch from the Evo 3D/Galaxy S 3 and my Galaxy Nexus too much haha. Edited by nocturnal

Not sure, isn't roaming the triangle? You might be right. I switch from the Evo 3D/Galaxy S 3 and my Galaxy Nexus too much haha.

I know on my Cyanogen ROM, it has R as roaming. I think aosp ICS+ has the r, but I could be wrong.

I know on my Cyanogen ROM' date=' it has R as roaming. I think aosp ICS+ has the r, but I could be wrong.

[/quote']

The Galaxy Nexus does show R for roaming. I always hated the roaming triangle. I prefer the R. It just looks better.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner