GSlll rumored specs

legion125

I'm not too surprised about that. Even IF the GSIII rumors of a may 22 announcement/launch are true.. how long till it makes it across the pond is the question (yes, ive heard the rumors of a "global launch"). I just don't see the GSIII in the US till late summer/early fall, like it has in the past. As much as I am intrigued by this phone.. I just think it'll be a while, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I think the GSIII will be game changing, but in 4Q12.... it will take at least that long for the equipment to be affordable enough to put together a smartphone.

Game changing?

Just about every flagship device released each year is game changing...

To me game changing is the following:

28nm tech or lower

Quad core

>= Adreno320 GPU or equivalent

Integrated modems in SoC

HD screen resolution

Edge to edge screen(almost)

Dedicated camera button like the 3D

Removable storage

1900MHz, 800MHz, and 2.5 GHz LTE support

Camera tech equivalent or greater to HTC's ImageChip... and f2.0 lens.

Also interested in Intel's adventure into the mobile space as they made some huge claims at CES with the future of their chips...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

It may very well be announced in May, but if not I think Samsung may wait until the June/July timeframe. Just trying to connect the dots. I checked and the Olympics don't even start until the end of July and with Samsung promising a big promotion during the games, that may lead it into a fall debut.

Just to keep fanning the rumors & conversation, here's a new leak. This photo looks like it could be the real deal also may be an option for the phone to boot up with Touchwiz or vanilla android.

They aren't 100 percent sure if they will stick with touchwiz or have the dual launcher option. If they go dual, you will have the option of picking which one to use at startup, and you can change any time.

http://www.androidcentral.com/?utm_source=topbar&utm_medium=topbar&utm_term=sitename

I think I'm giving up on GSIII rumors at this point.. its almost gotten to point of iPhone rumors. I'm just gonna close my eyes and wait for it to hit.

I agree. It has gotten way out of hand. The GSII was hugely successful, now Samsung has to step it up again or the hype machine will run them over. I think expectations are so high, they need a masterpiece or people will be disappointed. On the other hand, all the hype is just free advertising.

• Like 1

A Samsung exec said that The Quad-core will be in the GSlll and it's LTE ready.

Quote:

"An unnamed Samsung exec hinted to the Korea Times that its upcoming flagship, the Galaxy S III, will include a next-gen quad-core Exynos chip that will incorporate LTE and WCDMA radios."

" The executive said the development of the all-in-one chip is complete and its simply a matter of sticking them inside smartphones."

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/19/unnamed-samsung-exec-says-quad-core-exynos-inside-galaxy-s-iii/#comments

A Samsung exec said that The Quad-core will be in the GSlll and it's LTE ready.

Quote:

"An unnamed Samsung exec hinted to the Korea Times that its upcoming flagship, the Galaxy S III, will include a next-gen quad-core Exynos chip that will incorporate LTE and WCDMA radios."

" The executive said the development of the all-in-one chip is complete and its simply a matter of sticking them inside smartphones."

http://www.engadget....s-iii/#comments

That will surely push the Galaxy SIII to the front of everyone's wish list. If they follow the rumors that they will allow you to bypass touchwiz, and also put a big removable battery in there and allow microSD expansion... There might be a legit threat to iPhone's market share.

Edit: Sorry, I admit that was uncalled for.

That will surely push the Galaxy SIII to the front of everyone's wish list. If they follow the rumors that they will allow you to bypass touchwiz, and also put a big removable battery in there and allow microSD expansion... There might be a legit threat to iPhone's market share.

But I'm sure SGT Slaughter will come and say this is junk because it is on the 32nm die... Don't bother taking any other aspect into consideration...

haha na wont catch me doing that. 32nm is a solid move from 40nm. no one has a quad out at all right now thats better than 40nm and it'd take a hell of a 28nm chip to best the one discussed esp if this chip is Cortex-A15...Any clue what the GPU is in the thing?

Though I dunno why you saw the need to toss my name out like that....pretty immature there bud. congrats

Dont recall ever saying its only about the nm process...I dont think I have ever NOT taken other aspects into consideration...Its about the SoC as a whole top to bottom.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter
  • Like 1

haha na wont catch me doing that. 32nm is a solid move from 40nm. no one has a quad out at all right now thats better than 40nm and it'd take a hell of a 28nm chip to best the one discussed esp if this chip is Cortex-A15...Any clue what the GPU is in the thing?

There was another article on Engadget that mentioned that they would be making their own GPU, but there is not really any specifics.

The A9 cores are paired with Sammy's own GPU, an OpenGL ES 2.0-capable chip with four pixel processors. According to the company, the new CPUs deliver a 26 percent boost in performance and up to a 50 percent increase in battery life.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/23/samsung-demos-new-32nm-quad-core-exynos-ahead-of-mwc/

Thought it was funny they showed pic of the 5250 which is Samsung's 2GHz 32nm dual-core Cortex-A15 SoC...

Would think that alone would be a chip that would compete with everyone's top chips out now...

Is Engadget right when they call this quad-core chip based on A9 and not A15?...

Is Engadget right when they call this quad-core chip based on A9 and not A15?...

I hope they are wrong on that, but the source article also says that it is A9 based.

But it also says that it doesn't include an integrated baseband. This could be 2 different stories that were erroneously linked.

yeah doesn't make sense really to take the time to develop and work on getting to 32nm but still toss in older A9 based stuff...That would be a first I think as Qualcomm with their S4's are similar to an A15, and TI's OMAP5 is 28nm & A15...

Here's another rumor to add to the GSIII rumor pool. Wireless charging, and not just the touchstone "set it on the mat" style wireless charging. This is rumored to work 3-6 feet away from the charging station. I'd say this is pretty sweet if it turns out to be true.

http://phandroid.com/2012/03/19/samsung-galaxy-s-iiis-secret-weapon-is-wireless-charging-rumor/

Granted I'm a UF Engineering School dropout, but I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around how remote charging 3 - 6 feet away from a device. My physics knowledge would say that is impossible. Sounds like a fantastical rumor.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Granted I'm a UF Engineering School dropout, but I'm having a tough time wrapping my mind around how remote charging 3 - 6 feet away from a device. My physics knowledge would say that is impossible. Sounds like a fantastical rumor.

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

I don't know how that would work either, especially without scrambling the brains of anyone within 6-9 feet of the charging pedestal. Weak minded fool I am, bought it as a possibility. LOL

• Like 2

Its interesting to read. But you aren't going to get 2 amps, 1 amp or even 1/2 amp out of something like that. By the time you take it down to safe levels, you'd be lucky if you could charge your device at the same rate its depleting. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, in itself, I suppose.

But there is no way in the world I am going to put one of those cancer boxes in my home! :)

I don't have much of a need for wireless electricity myself. But I do appreciate you posting the link. It was interesting to read from the toilet.

• Like 1

I never went to engineering school and have consumed a steady stream of science fiction my entire life. I can see how it is entirely possible.

• Like 2