GSlll rumored specs

legion125

Remember this is a rumor: 4.8" screen, ceramic backside and simultaneous release to 50 markets world wide. Does anyone think phones are getting too big? The big release tells me that the U.S. carriers won't see individual versions any longer. This coincides with Samsung saying it will limit the number of different devices in the future. What do you all think?

http://www.phonedog....ramic-backside/

Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to include 4.8-inch display, ceramic backside

The Samsung Galaxy S III

may not be making the trip to Barcelona for Mobile World Congress, but that doesn't mean that the unannounced device won't be capturing some headlines in the days leading up to the big event. Today a new rumor about the Galaxy S III has surfaced, claiming to have some information on the GSIII itself as well as its launch. According to a source speaking to BGR, Samsung's Galaxy S III will come to market toting a 4.8-inch display as well as a backside that's made of ceramic. The tipster also claims that the GSIII will be released in over 50 "markets or cities" across the world simultaneously. However, exactly when that launch may be going down wasn't mentioned by the source.

We've seen in the past that Samsung's no stranger to making phones with large displays, including the 4.52-inch

Epic 4G Touch, 4.65-inch Galaxy Nexus and 5.3-inch Galaxy Note, so it wouldn't be a total shock to see the Galaxy S III come to market with a screen that's bigger than the 4.3-incher found on its predecessor. As for the ceramic portion of this rumor, it'd be a bit more of an interesting move from Samsung if the company goes through with it and could give the GSIII a bit more of a premium feel than some of the other handsets in Samsung's lineup.

Samsung has said that the successor to the Galaxy S II will debut at an event sometime in the first half of the year, but so far that's all that the company has said about the device. What do you all make of this latest batch of Galaxy S III rumors? Does a device with a 4.8-inch display and ceramic backside sound like it'd be up your alley?

I do think that the screen sizes are getting too big. I think 4.3 is perfect, and 4.5 is a close second. 4.5x" is likely the biggest I will go. (but that's just me.) However, I do think that the simultaneous wold wide release of the phone is good. It sucked having to wait months for the SGSII.

First Kudos for Samsung for trying a world wide release. One thing that Apple has always gotten right is releasing your product in all markets to take huge advantage of the hype. The Galaxy sII coming to the west 6 months after release was a fail.

Screen size is kind of iffy. Guess it really depends on the form factor. But with on screen buttons the 4.65 of the nexus isn't bad at all.

Interested to see if the Ceramic backside is true. Would be a nice way to add a premium feel with a material that doen't interfear with cell signal.

The ceramic back sounds interesting, I just have visions of it cracking if the phone gets dropped.

The screen size may work, or it might not. It's really going to depend on the aspect ratio and the form factor. A 4.8 inch EVO 4g style screen is probably too large. 4.8 inches with an EVO 3D aspect ratio with limited bezel might work really well.

Looks cool for sure. I'd be interested in how some cases would work on that since screen stretches so close to edge of phone. Like my casemate wraps around and it'd be real close to being able to do that on that device it looks like...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Yep. For those that must have a case. That is a concern.

For me I just wouldn't put a case on it. I don't think it will need one really.

If they use a good Ceramic for the back. Like some of the good ceramic kitchen blades. They don't break or scratch, and I pretty much only use a case to keep the back of my phone from getting scratched all to hell.

The front glass I put as "fate" on if it breaks or not. Broke 2 screens with bulky max protect cases. Drop naked phones on concrete with no damage. So for me I just believe they really don't do much honestly. And its all a matter of luck on the angle your phone hits to begin with.

Did you see this mock-up? If this is even close to being what the phone looks like they can have my money now.

That would even make an iPhone loving Barista jealous! That looks awesome. Thanks for posting.

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

I've not had signal quality issues with my E4GT. Although the signal indicator is definitely skewed relative to the HTC devices I've had, my dBms all seem the same between the devices in the same places.

I don't trust signal indicators to determine signal strength. Too much variability. I use CDMA Field Test and RootMetrics.

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/27/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-full-specs-1-5ghz-quad-core-1080p-display-ceramic-case/

There's some more detailed info from BGR. Of course these are rumors, but I have faith in Samsung that they would put out some shit like this that completely stomps the competition like they did with the GSII. This is definitely going to be my next phone. I've been envious of the GSII ever since it came out. I had the Evo 4G and got the 3D through insurnace but when my contract expires I'm for sure switching to Samsung.

While I do have some concerns about the screen size (current 4.3's are pushing it), I measured my phone and a 4.8" screen could easily fit in the same dimensions especially if they got rid of the capacitive buttons.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/27/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-full-specs-1-5ghz-quad-core-1080p-display-ceramic-case/

There's some more detailed info from BGR. Of course these are rumors, but I have faith in Samsung that they would put out some shit like this that completely stomps the competition like they did with the GSII. This is definitely going to be my next phone. I've been envious of the GSII ever since it came out. I had the Evo 4G and got the 3D through insurnace but when my contract expires I'm for sure switching to Samsung.

While I do have some concerns about the screen size (current 4.3's are pushing it), I measured my phone and a 4.8" screen could easily fit in the same dimensions especially if they got rid of the capacitive buttons.

Those specs would make for like a $800 phone lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Well here ya go. leaked press shot...

samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

So May 22nd....?

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/samsung-galaxy-s3-pic-could-be-the-real-deal-50007361/

http://allaboutsamsung.de/

Though this dude https://twitter.com/#!/eldarmurtazin is saying its a fake but the closest so far of all the renderings...

If the May 22 date is for real, that will change all the surmised release dates. We could get this beast by summer!

This is crazy, with all these beast phones coming out I don't know what the hell to do. I am gonna be spending a lot of money this year on phones. To make it even worse my girlfriend is a phone whore too so if I get a new phone then I have to get her a new phone too.

This is crazy, with all these beast phones coming out I don't know what the hell to do. I am gonna be spending a lot of money this year on phones. To make it even worse my girlfriend is a phone whore too so if I get a new phone then I have to get her a new phone too.

Welcome to my world and nightmare. lol

I can see it now, explaining to the bankruptcy judge, " umm yes Your Honor, I am seeking bankruptcy due to buying too many phones in a year". lol

TS

• Like 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But I can all but guarantee that Sprint will not be releasing the GSIII in May if its released by Samsung then. :(

The S4GRU writing staff has seen the Sprint LTE capable device schedule through summer. And there is nothing on there that could be the GSIII. However, maybe it might be an early Fall release?

Robert