Jelly Bean for our HTC EVO 4G LTE??

kckid

Never understood that big craze on the JB jump. Not really much different in the look of the OS itself.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Project butter, Google Now. Worth it for me.

That being said, with Sprint locking about none of their bootloaders on the phones they release, there are always options out there. You can "Try Out" CM10 for a day and go back.

That being said, with Sprint locking about none of their bootloaders on the phones they release, there are always options out there. You can "Try Out" CM10 for a day and go back.

I tried cm 10... Worked flawlessly, great battery, no major glitches. The only thing that made me go back to stock was the fact that my data never seemed to work. It would always give me com.android.phone (something like that) has stopped working, and subsequently my data would go kaput, no amount of airplane mode tango dancing seemed to fix it.

But with that said, if you don't get data problems definitely go with CM10, best thing to happen to my phone since it's kickstand :P

-Luis

The velvet.apk is one of the first to get deleted for me. Found Google now annoying.

Already have jellybean on my phone but could really care less. I have JB on the Kindle Fire too and actually forgot that it was JB. So it isn't for everyone. Even the techy types.

I was in a corporate sprint store today and ask about the Jelly Bean update for my EVO LTE. I got 2 different answers,. The first from the guy helping me with my account who said after the first of the year, and the other from the tech guys in the back that said before the end of the year.. Go figure!!!

I just want an update to fix the LTE connectivity issues with the EVO. I don't care if it is Jelly Bean or an update to ICS.

The velvet.apk is one of the first to get deleted for me. Found Google now annoying.

Already have jellybean on my phone but could really care less. I have JB on the Kindle Fire too and actually forgot that it was JB. So it isn't for everyone. Even the techy types.

Well, you also think me adding onscreen softkeys to my Note 2 was nasty, so clearly, we have differing tastes in what makes a phone great.

Which, by the way, is what I love about Android. I can do what I like to it, and you can do what you like to it, and we both walk away similing!

Yeah still haven't understood that one with the big out pouring of people to have HTC remove it on the EVO, yet you want it. But as you say android is awesome in the millions of ways you can customize everything.

• Like 1

I was in a corporate sprint store today and ask about the Jelly Bean update for my EVO LTE. I got 2 different answers,. The first from the guy helping me with my account who said after the first of the year, and the other from the tech guys in the back that said before the end of the year.. Go figure!!!

I just want an update to fix the LTE connectivity issues with the EVO. I don't care if it is Jelly Bean or an update to ICS.

Uhh, that's still basically around the same time. Regardless though, no one at sprint really knows whats going on thats why I personally always resist asking questions whenever I have to visit a store.

• Like 1

Uhh, that's still basically around the same time. Regardless though, no one at sprint really knows whats going on thats why I personally always resist asking questions whenever I have to visit a store.

I ask for comic value. But I hear that I can be a jerk. Just ask all those banned people...

Robert

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The EVO LTE Android Jelly Bean update is no longer in question. Please continue discussion in this thread:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2809-evo-4g-lte-android-jelly-bean-update-31565116/

AJ