Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

That is correct. Those are Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 8T8R radios.

Two 8T8R radios but 3 8T8R antennas......

The site is still under construction. The cherry picker is still on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The site is still under construction. The cherry picker is still on site.

Hopefully because 2 sectors are running 4T4R connected to one 8T8R radio with only 1 sector running 8T8R. 

Well, hopefully they are cleared since they are building

Not that it wasn't available, just less than normal, hence not using the full 8T8R antenna. But I could be remembering wrong. I don't remember where I read that.

Not that it wasn't available, just less than normal, hence not using the full 8T8R antenna. But I could be remembering wrong. I don't remember where I read that.

That wouldn't be done for spectrum reasons. Using one radio for 2 antennas doesn't change the spectrum usage at all. It just makes those two sectors have less range and consequently lower speed. Would be a cost saving measure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

That wouldn't be done for spectrum reasons. Using one radio for 2 antennas doesn't change the spectrum usage at all. It just makes those two sectors have less range and consequently lower speed. Would be a cost saving measure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Well, it was just a thought. On the triband antennas here, they only use 2 RRUs and split one between two sectors since each antenna can only support a max of 3 B41 carriers. At least, that's the reason that was given to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hypeo, thank you for the update, but I do not see any faster LTE.

I did upgrade to a Note 4 from my 3.

Will this B41 band help me?

If not, what do I need to do in the settings?

Lateck,

Hypeo, thank you for the update, but I do not see any faster LTE.

I did upgrade to a Note 4 from my 3.

Will this B41 band help me?

If not, what do I need to do in the settings?

Lateck,

The site was still under construction. I don't believe anything has turned on yet. Yuma like many other cities are suffering congestion with no sight of relief. Hopefully that tower with B41 will light up soon and Sprint continues to expand on it.

For now, there's nothing to do..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, new here. I've read all of this thread. Posting my knowledge and more or less questions. I've heard that money's been repurposed from California and Phoenix for Tucsons 2.5 GHZ plan. I've also seen an employee at a corporate store show me a internal coverage map depicting a large portion of Tucson showing 2.5 supposedly lighting up within 3 months. I'm 100% basing my info on said employees statements (granted the internal coverage map looked legitimate) but is their any truth to this? Granted I realize lte plus will arrive sometime and I'm not complaining but rather seeking some validity to that persons claim. Thank you in advance.

• Like 2

Hello everyone, new here. I've read all of this thread. Posting my knowledge and more or less questions. I've heard that money's been repurposed from California and Phoenix for Tucsons 2.5 GHZ plan. I've also seen an employee at a corporate store show me a internal coverage map depicting a large portion of Tucson showing 2.5 supposedly lighting up within 3 months. I'm 100% basing my info on said employees statements (granted the internal coverage map looked legitimate) but is their any truth to this? Granted I realize lte plus will arrive sometime and I'm not complaining but rather seeking some validity to that persons claim. Thank you in advance.

It seems a far stretch that all or most sites in Tucson would be live in 3 months. What is more plausible is that they could get a dozen or two done around the entire metro, and if spread out could look like B41 is lit up around the entire metro.

Either way, if they are planning for significant work around Tucson, it can only improve things. I know my friends in New Mexico would love to see them get started there too. :)

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• 3 months later...

GLANCE yesterday suddenly updated showing two towers with 2xCA updates completed a few days ago. It also showed those same towers estimated 3 months for B41 though. Both on the outskirts of town, opposite sides.

Me being curious, I decided to go take a look at midnight last night/this morning. I figured if they were up and broadcasting that should be a good low usage time for some speed tests.

SignalCheck Pro was inconclusive, just said LTE with no Band shown on both my G5 and Pixel. GCI: 6E04E12.

SignalSpy on my Project Fi phone (don't have it loaded on the G5) showed "Band 41? (2500MHz)". GCI: 6E04E12 (same as above).

DEBUG screen showed a Band 25 connection on both devices, UL and DL Channel 8296. 

Second site showed identical info everywhere except GCI: 6E05613

I ran a speed test just to be sure, definitely was a Band 25 connection - 25.14 down 13.64 up 46ms.

I took screenshots just in case, but I included the info above.

GLANCE yesterday suddenly updated showing two towers with 2xCA updates completed a few days ago. It also showed those same towers estimated 3 months for B41 though. Both on the outskirts of town, opposite sides.

Me being curious, I decided to go take a look at midnight last night/this morning. I figured if they were up and broadcasting that should be a good low usage time for some speed tests.

SignalCheck Pro was inconclusive, just said LTE with no Band shown on both my G5 and Pixel. GCI: 6E04E12.

SignalSpy on my Project Fi phone (don't have it loaded on the G5) showed "Band 41? (2500MHz)". GCI: 6E04E12 (same as above).

DEBUG screen showed a Band 25 connection on both devices, UL and DL Channel 8296. 

I ran a speed test just to be sure, definitely was a Band 25 connection - 25.14 down 13.64 up 46ms.

Sound like mini macro B41 sites.

11/12/13 gci ending is alu/Nokia-A 10x10 b25

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well it looks like Yuma will only see LTE in the 1900.. I just got an email from sprint saying they don't own any B41 spectrum and they don't have plans to purchase or lease any. I guess that is all she wrote.e8a22397a2e73558964398aa21e98317.jpgfb92e555e482cd38fd179f2d253f98d2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Hypeo, we are just a gas stop, here in Yuma.....

Maybe in time ???? (Long time).

Lateck,

I doubt anything will happen for Sprint here. Probably when T-Mo and Sprint merge and Sprint is able to use TMO frequencies

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

The may not own BRS spectrum in Yuma for 2.5, but they do have leases of EBS spectrum for 2.5. Remember, they deployed WiMax Protection Sites on EBS around Yuma. Unless something happened and that lease has been canceled.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0