Photon Q Software Update

owensri2

Are you noticing decreased battery life since the update? It could be I am putting in heavier use, but the battery is draining fairly quickly.

Sent from my XT897 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I have noticed that the battery seems to discharge a lot faster than it used to before the update. Especially if I'm not using the phone for most of the day. While at work, with minimal usage (maybe 15 mins total), by the time I get home 8 hours later, it's like 35%. Used to be around 60% or so the same usage.

I hope the next update fixes the icon issue, and the battery life (if this is even an issue related to the update).

Been running the version you updated to for about two weeks (SOAK test). Some folks had some odd twinges, but for the most part it seemed pretty decent. Haven't seen any change in battery use, but glad I had device backed up - for some reason it lost 1022 files, including pics, at one point. Log scans turned up nothing unusual.

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

Reflashed stock recovery on Mom's Q and flashed the update, then flashed TWRP again.

She is still getting the VSNCP Error Registration Response - VSNCP Error 5:P-GW Reject after the update

Reflashed stock recovery on Mom's Q and flashed the update, then flashed TWRP again.

She is still getting the VSNCP Error Registration Response - VSNCP Error 5:P-GW Reject after the update

Worked with Sprint support, when I fixed the MMS bug (the email address having the extra .com) I never called Sprint to update in their system. Since Sprint updated there system and refreshed the device on Sunday afternoon, we haven't seen any errors.

Yup, that NAI error affects a LOT more than just MMS, and really needs to be verified, then fixed on ALL Photon Qs that have the problem.

The error is there, and widespread, but neither Googorola nor Spank want to advertise it. This means that a large number of PQs are NOT working correctly and the hardware is getting blamed for what really is an easily fixed human screw-up. :(

• Like 2

I dunno, my battery is draining fast, and I'm used to being able to keep a spare in my wallet. Seemed much better before the update, but I'm also wondering if it could be related to the changing/evolving network in my area, and my phone looking for 4G, going back and forth between 3 and 4G, etc. In any case, it's a little dissapointing, as I have no confidence in the device getting me thru a day being out of the house.

but I do really like this phone otherwise, with the great keyboard, large screen, nice UI, and it runs nice and smooth.

Sent from my XT897 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Edited by yrrchsebor