Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

87 is now lit up almost all the way to saratoga :)

In addition, I can keep a signal up from northern part of Latham driving up to Mechanicville.

Also the student ghetto in Albany is very well covered.

They are tuning on and testing towers very actively right now.  If you look at the map I beleve the goal is to connect the run from Lake George down I-87 to NYC.  With Glenns Falls, Saratoga, Cliffton Park, Albany, and locations as far north as Poughkeepsie lit up along the highway.  The gaps are filling in.

With LTE is see a massive drop in Speed based on signal speed. With -db in the 90 range the speeds are fine 15-20mbit, but most of the time unless there is a near clear line of sight to the tower, they come down to 3-8 with upload under 1 often.  At fist I thought this was isolated to Albany, since we are not launched and are in the buildout phase.  However in Boston and NYC this is the case as well.

When the signal might look fine, but the LTE stength is different and speed drops off very quick.

Is this a matter of the 1900mhz signal and penetration?

anyone have any idea about lake George area? or am I in the wrong thread?

Lake George will eventually get lit up as part of the i-87.

If you follow the current towers they run through Warrensburg along the northway.  I dont see why Lake Goerge would not see service, at least where the outlets are at some point. 

If you look down the map, the towers along I-87 are comming online first in the more rural places. Yesterday my phone held a signal and switched off correctly from around east geenbush on I-90 through 2W on i-87, then picked it back up around exit 6 and held through 10 going north.

Also now much of Halfmoon gets some service, and good part of Clifton Park.  I cat get 1 bar or so of LTE inside my house.

Looks like they may have been testing a new LTE tower on the west side of Syracuse yesterday. I saw it connect several times. EHRPD also reverted to EVDO for most of the afternoon.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Picking up LTE in East Syracuse for the first time ever this morning.gaqybady.jpg9ujebuqe.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Interesting to see that -105dbm is read as a 1 bar signal post-update on the HTC One. I typically think of that as 2 or 3 bars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Any chance the Central NY market will be launched earlier since its almost complete. There are only about 20 towers not upgraded yet. Why is a 4th round market almost complete before others markets?

• Like 1

Any chance the Central NY market will be launched earlier since its almost complete. There are only about 20 towers not upgraded yet. Why is a 4th round market almost complete before others markets?

Less towers. NYC for instance has over 1,000 sites by itself.

Picked up some LTE in Kirkwood over the weekend around Trim Street.

The tower right off the highway near Colesville road appears to be broadcasting LTE. Very nice to have, kind of like a "Welcome to NY!" greeting coming up from PA. 

• Like 1

Is anyone in the Watertown area having service issues? My boyfriend lives near downtown Watertown and is having major service issues. Normally this area is an excellent voice coverage area, but tonight he is barely able to hold 1 bar of service. According to Sprint Zone's dashboard, he doesn't have any sort of "servcice alerts". Does anyone know of any specific towers being down? I'm trying to help him alleviate this problem so I'm turning to my favorite people. Any help at all would be appreciated :)

• 1 month later...

A few days ago there was a technician walking around the top of a Sprint-only tower in Endwell. It's been LTE/3G accepted for months now, could he have been hooking up the 800Mhz gear perhaps? It's not broadcasting, but maybe he was getting it ready for 800 1x/LTE soon?

A few days ago there was a technician walking around the top of a Sprint-only tower in Endwell. It's been LTE/3G accepted for months now, could he have been hooking up the 800Mhz gear perhaps? It's not broadcasting, but maybe he was getting it ready for 800 1x/LTE soon?

Possibly. If you saw my previous post, you can ignore it. I thought I was in the Buffalo thread when I first responded.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk