Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

Good to see Upstate NY getting getting more involved in the NV LTE party with the Binghamton / Syracuse markets being announced, joining the recently announced Albany market.

Please report any site work you notice or any LTE signals that go live here, I will try to keep the OP updated with new information.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way on this website to see when specific towers or cities are being updated?

it's been a month since the announcement of LTE but I have not seen any difference and I drive around much of the Upstate NY/Albany Area. I have a S3 and my LTE antenna but not even a hint of a tower being updated?

Is there a way on this website to see when specific towers or cities are being updated?

it's been a month since the announcement of LTE but I have not seen any difference and I drive around much of the Upstate NY/Albany Area. I have a S3 and my LTE antenna but not even a hint of a tower being updated?

What announcement of LTE? There has been no announcement regarding LTE for upstate New York.

Robert made an announcement that work had started, but work has JUST started. It will take several months for there to be enough towers completed for any real LTE coverage to be available. Currently there are no towers with LTE capabilities in upstate New York.

If you would like to see which towers have been completed, you can become a sponsor of the site. There is a lot more information available in the sponsors section.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-330-network-visionlte-deployment-is-starting-now-in-east-kentucky-north-la-upstate-new-york-east-and-vtnhme-markets-ahead-of-schedule/

this is the post I was referring to - as you mentioned there was no plan for upstate NY east - can you explain this post?

No one has announced any LTE in upsate New York yet. Work has just begun.

http://s4gru.com/ind...ad-of-schedule/

this is the post I was referring to - as you mentioned there was no plan for upstate NY east - can you explain this post?

I just did:

Robert made an announcement that work had started, but work has JUST started. It will take several months for there to be enough towers completed for any real LTE coverage to be available. Currently there are no towers with LTE capabilities in upstate New York.

Why wasn't this market just announced with yesterday's press release from sprint on the next expansions?

Why wasn't this market just announced with yesterday's press release from sprint on the next expansions? Thank you!!

Edited by richieb20

Ok, so I just did a factory data reset and noticed something when looking thru my phone....eHRPD:13....I am in Avon, NY....south of Rochester.....talked to Sprint and the towers here should have LTE within 90 days but doesn't know when it will be launched.....getting happy over here!

y9e2ugep.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so I just did a factory data reset and noticed something when looking thru my phone....eHRPD:13....I am in Avon, NY....south of Rochester.....talked to Sprint and the towers here should have LTE within 90 days but doesn't know when it will be launched.....getting happy over here!

Sent from my Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

It will not launch in the next 90 days. However, they may start work in the next 90 days.

Robert

It will not launch in the next 90 days. However, they may start work in the next 90 days.

Robert

That exactly what they said....probably not until February or March....but she did say we might see LTE testing after about 90 days....can't wait to see what the speeds are like here....they probably will be good because we hardly have a lot of Sprint customers here....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BOARD OF APPEALS NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that at the regular meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals of the Town of Onondaga, scheduled to be held on February 5, 2013 at the Town of Onondaga Town hall located at 5020 Ball Road in said Town, a public hearing will be held commencing at 7:00 p.m. to consider the following: 1. The application of HPC Wireless/Sprint, as owners, for a modification of an existing Special Permit under §285-9 of the Zoning Law of the Town of Onondaga to allow removal of existing antennas and installing 3 new antennas, 3 filters and 6 RRU's. They will also exchange equipment cabinets on the ground and add a fiber distribution box at the property known as 4733 Linda Drive (4740 Seneca Turnpike) in the Town of Onondaga in a residential district (R¹)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent! It's the 6th now, any idea how that went?

Any more information on the Greater Binghamton area would be very much appreciated :)

GMO sites in the Binghamton area are already under way.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

They might have LTE based on the Sprint upgrades map. But i dont know if its different for upstate but i notices that when it has 2 speed upgrades it has LTE take a look i found 2 towers on the map with 2 speed upgrades k3lj14.png

Two speed upgrades doesn't mean live LTE, unfortunately. But it probably means that upgraded backhaul has been hooked up to two technologies. Or two T1 lines have been added.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there. Any news at all on Rochester, NY? Thanks.

Rochester is in it's own Sprint market. Work at GMO sites is beginning soon. Full build sites will not likely begin until late Spring/early Summer.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thanks, Robert. Sounds good. I assume the maps available to sponsors will show when the GMO sites light up? (I'll be sending some cash soon)

Yes. We have a map that shows sites as they are accepted from Sprint. Sometimes we can even get them posted the same day they are inspected.and signed off, but it may take a few days to appear in some instances.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk