Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Nice speeds for B25? or B41?

I believe this was a Clearwire site and now is converted.Perhaps someone can provide input. 

Looks like the same pattern as Columbus, OH w/ our converted Clear sites.  GCI endings look similar.  Are you a Samsung market for NV?

Nice speeds for B25? or B41?

I believe this was a Clearwire site and now is converted.Perhaps someone can provide input. 

Looks like the same pattern as Columbus, OH w/ our converted Clear sites.  GCI endings look similar.  Are you a Samsung market for NV?

That is a Nokia Mini-Macro site. Replacement for Huawei B41. 

• Like 2

I've found some with the GCI number ending in 31, 32, etc. in Bremerton, Washington.  I assumed they were Nokia replacements of Clearwire B41.  Did not visually verify any yet.

Robert

• Like 2

I believe Socal is Alcatel Lucent 

That is a Nokia Mini-Macro site. Replacement for Huawei B41. 

So that means no 8R8T on clearwire sites? :(

I've found some with the GCI number ending in 31, 32, etc. in Bremerton, Washington.  I assumed they were Nokia replacements of Clearwire B41.  Did not visually verify any yet.

Robert

I'll take some pics, from the street I dont see any major changes. Site is behind my office building so I can see it from the window.

• Like 2

I believe Socal is Alcatel Lucent 

Now Nokia (Nokia bought ALU earlier this year). However, the Huawei Clear replacements are Nokia Mini-Macros across the country.

So that means not 8R8T in clearwire sites? :(

For the time being. This was just the cheapest and quickest way to meet the governments mandate to rip out the Huawei equipment by the end of the year. Full conversions to 8T8R and/or full NV sites will be further down the line.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

3xCA hasn't been spotted anywhere yet. 3rd carrier however, is widespread in Ericsson/Nokia markets and Samsung markets. I haven't seen much in ALU/Nokia markets (which covers OC) so far.

I can't find the source but I'm sure I remember reading that someone picked up 3xCA on an HTC Bolt and pulled 200mbps...

I can't find the source but I'm sure I remember reading that someone picked up 3xCA on an HTC Bolt and pulled 200mbps...

3xCA hasn't been spotted anywhere yet. 3rd carrier however, is widespread in Ericsson/Nokia markets and Samsung markets. I haven't seen much in ALU/Nokia markets (which covers OC) so far. 

Marcelo's twitter feed. It's live in NYC @ The World Trade Center.

Marcelo's twitter feed. It's live in NYC @ The World Trade Center.

I saw the tweet and the image posted in the Marcel thread. However, there's no clear indication of how that test was achieved. I haven't seen any reports of the 3rd carrier being live in NYC, let alone 3xCA. That leads me to assume that it was a Sprint tech doing testing that achieved that result. Who else would have so many Sprint notifications on their phone? Until we can get someone there to test and verify that it is in fact live for the consumer, I stand by my earlier statement. 

• Like 1

Which tweet is this? What date is it? You have a link?

We've determined it was likely a screenshot from a network engineer or someone else who was doing testing (assuming it was real) because 3xCA still has not been found to be live for the consumer in any market.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I'm in town on business at Anaheim Convention Center and amazed at the signal strength here and speeds. I don't think I have seen 3G once since I landed last weekend.

I really think the convention center has a DAS system. Even at my hotel I'm on band B41 with full signal.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

So I'm in town on business at Anaheim Convention Center and amazed at the signal strength here and speeds. I don't think I have seen 3G once since I landed last weekend.

I really think the convention center has a DAS system. Even at my hotel I'm on band B41 with full signal.

Interesting. Right up the street from Disney. Was just in Anaheim last week visiting my mom. That exact location has been hit or miss for me. For the past 2 years smh. I'm glad your experience is better than mine and I live here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What speeds are you seeing there?

According to our interactive maps, there is a tower at the Anaheim Convention Center, perhaps that is the reason you are getting great service in this location. Glad to hear you experience is awesome.

The convention center is great, there are towers on the roof of the Marriott and I usually get at least 20 mbs even indoors there. It's really good. Accross Katella in the Disney Parks it is in fact very hit or miss! Sometimes dropping to 3g and indoors at the parks is very, very weak! It is dramatically improved over a couple years ago and mostly usable but... Keep in mind this whole area is subject to massive overload (such as the Disney crowds plus the NAMM show that is coming up next week can really wreak havok on the signal). But again very much improved. 

• Like 1

Inside the convention center I get 20 mbs in the ballroom. Signal is very strong around -80db. I figured they had a DAS since I see what looks like round antennas on the ceiling in several places in the convention center. Not going to Disney so can't give my experience there.

• Like 1

The convention center is great, there are towers on the roof of the Marriott and I usually get at least 20 mbs even indoors there. It's really good. Accross Katella in the Disney Parks it is in fact very hit or miss! Sometimes dropping to 3g and indoors at the parks is very, very weak! It is dramatically improved over a couple years ago and mostly usable but... Keep in mind this whole area is subject to massive overload (such as the Disney crowds plus the NAMM show that is coming up next week can really wreak havok on the signal). But again very much improved.

Ya I agree. Inside the Disney parks the service is very poor. I usually go to 3G, and have difficulty sending SMS as well

Inside the convention center I get 20 mbs in the ballroom. Signal is very strong around -80db. I figured they had a DAS since I see what looks like round antennas on the ceiling in several places in the convention center. Not going to Disney so can't give my experience there.

Those round antennas in the convention center most likely are part of http://visitanaheim.org/press-releases/2015/01/14/anaheim-convention-center-installs-first-its-kind-high-density-wifi

This is a high quality WiFi system.  I do not know if they installed a DAS at the the same time but they may well have.  It could also be some type of Sprint automatic WiFi hand-off like Sprint has in some airports.  700 WiFi access points and 10gbs of free public WiFi bandwidth is significant for a venue that holds up to 50,000 people if every room is used at the same time.  Certainly that WiFi keeps many people off the macro cell systems in the area.  Sprint used to be inoperable there during large events.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if Sprint could add 1.9/2.5 GHz small cells inside the Disney parks.  But I think around that area due to the huge amount of people around the park needs some massive capacity upgrades to make it useable inside the park.  

Hopefully HPUE will help with relieving some capacity inside the park if the 2.5 GHz sites nearby Disneyland assuming it can reach inside the park.

• Like 1

It would be nice if Sprint could add 1.9/2.5 GHz small cells inside the Disney parks. But I think around that area due to the huge amount of people around the park needs some massive capacity upgrades to make it useable inside the park.

Ya I agree. I think thats their ultimate goal and will hopefully be deploying this year sometime.

It would be nice if Sprint could add 1.9/2.5 GHz small cells inside the Disney parks. But I think around that area due to the huge amount of people around the park needs some massive capacity upgrades to make it useable inside the park.

Hopefully HPUE will help with relieving some capacity inside the park if the 2.5 GHz sites nearby Disneyland assuming it can reach inside the park.

I was at Disneyland last month. For the most part service was useable throughout most of the park but then again....it was a Monday.