Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

They swapped spectrum with TMobile or AT&T on the pcs spectrum was wondering if they would implement 10X10mhz for Orange County or is that what the 2nd carrier that everyone's been noticing lately in relation to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In total, Sprint already has the equivalent of a 10x10 on air because of the second carrier. I don't believe any spectrum was swapped in southern California. 

Only in San Diego and that happened in the last few weeks.

No spectrum was swapped in San Diego (unless I am missing something, don't think I am).

Orange County and San Diego both have 2nd carriers online, and that has been the case for some time. 

Only in San Diego and that happened in the last few weeks.

Would be nice to see 10x10 FDD B25 in San Diego.  I don't think I have seen any of it yet if it was true.  ;)  2nd carrier B25 and B41 2xCA all over the county though.

Pretty happy to see that B41 now reaches inside my office, this morning was on 3G around 6 am, just got back to my desk and boom LTE on my Moto X Pure, I can browse facebook, stream youtube and instagram. Previously I was able to do this but I had to wait a 15-20 secs to buffer/load and see instagram posts while on 3G. Now is blazing fast. I'm in Costa Mesa, off Harbor and 405.

Must say that there is a Wimax tower behing my office building probably 1200 feet away, my phone would connect after exiting the building and/or at the parking lot.

Is it a possibility that Wimax has been turned off on the tower and now its fully broadcasting LTE?

Screenshot_20160308-090325.png

• Like 1

Pretty happy to see that B41 now reaches inside my office, this morning was on 3G around 6 am, just got back to my desk and boom LTE on my Moto X Pure, I can browse facebook, stream youtube and instagram. Previously I was able to do this but I had to wait a 15-20 secs to buffer/load and see instagram posts while on 3G. Now is blazing fast. I'm in Costa Mesa, off Harbor and 405.

Must say that there is a Wimax tower behing my office building probably 1200 feet away, my phone would connect after exiting the building and/or at the parking lot.

Is it a possibility that Wimax has been turned off on the tower and now its fully broadcasting LTE?

Sprint is deploying more and more B41 sites and I have seen locations in the Bay Area where I get no B25 but very nice and fast B25. Not sure why but Sprint needs to fix it.

Sprint is deploying more and more B41 sites and I have seen locations in the Bay Area where I get no B25 but very nice and fast B25. Not sure why but Sprint needs to fix it.

No B25 but very nice and fast B25?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone have insight into what the expected completion date is for the San Bernardino transition? I think the FCC set the original deadline to be February of this year, but it's unclear how the extension that was granted last year affected it.

Was reading this on reddit, it appears not much progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/4dmi6y/sprints_status_report_to_fcc_on_800_mhz_band/

Was reading this on reddit, it appears not much progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/4dmi6y/sprints_status_report_to_fcc_on_800_mhz_band/

Yeah San Bernardino needs to get its butt into gear.   I sure hope they don't wait until Jan 2017 to be 100% cleared of the 800 MHz spectrum so that LA/OC county can finally deploy CDMA 800 and LTE 800.  For now even consistent CDMA 800 would be nice.

The contract between Sprint and San Bernardino County allows for up to $450,000 in incentives if the County can complete rebanding by June 30, 2016.  Other milestone dates with lower payments include August 15, 2016 and October 15, 2016.   (Incentives are also broken up into "desert" and "non-desert".)

Source:  San Bernardino County Clerk of the Board.

• Like 1

The contract between Sprint and San Bernardino County allows for up to $450,000 in incentives if the County can complete rebanding by June 30, 2016. Other milestone dates with lower payments include August 15, 2016 and October 15, 2016. (Incentives are also broken up into "desert" and "non-desert".)

Source: San Bernardino County Clerk of the Board.

Very interesting so it sounds like those incentives could push a completion by then. I'm somewhat excited

One would hope. If they don't, that's leaving money on the table.

I don't expect a county/city that went bankrupt to make smart financial decisions. Heck, they'll probably delay and ask for more money.

• 4 weeks later...

The contract between Sprint and San Bernardino County allows for up to $450,000 in incentives if the County can complete rebanding by June 30, 2016. Other milestone dates with lower payments include August 15, 2016 and October 15, 2016. (Incentives are also broken up into "desert" and "non-desert".)

Source: San Bernardino County Clerk of the Board.

Any more updates on the rebanding progress?

Once the rebanding is complete, how long will it be before we can expect band 26 in LA & OC counties?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Once the rebanding is complete, how long will it be before we can expect band 26 in LA & OC counties?

I have nothing new to report. I've reached out to both the County and Sprint, but neither has given an update.

I wouldn't read too much into a lack of answers. It probably just means they don't want to talk to John Q. Public.

I have nothing new to report. I've reached out to both the County and Sprint, but neither has given an update.

I wouldn't read too much into a lack of answers. It probably just means they don't want to talk to John Q. Public.

Along the borders sprint has to come to an agreement with both parties to share the 800. Sprint would go broke trying to buy it out

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm getting band 26 occasionally in LA county by LAX on Project Fi. I'm not sure about OC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That's impossible

How? If the spectrum has been cleared and they're deploying it. Isn't it possible that they've turned some clusters on.

How? If the spectrum has been cleared and they're deploying it. Isn't it possible that they've turned some clusters on.

Can you post some shots of your engineering screens and the location?

I'll admit, I'm skeptical, but I would be thrilled if you did find an active B26 site in Los Angeles.

I thought there was still a hold up with San Bernardino county?

S4GRU has already stated that it isn't cleared just yet. We thought they cleared it but it was wrong. So that's impossible if you found band 26 active in SoCal. I live here also. I would have noticed by now.