Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

In Yorba Linda it seems a small cell is up and operating:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4amlbdajaqo021/2015-10-20%2015.19.47.jpg?dl=0

Was getting signal in the -70dbm range when near it. It is on the roof of a parking structure facing some buildings.

Edited by Samappz
  • Like 3

In Yorba Linda it seems a small cell is up and operating:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4amlbdajaqo021/2015-10-20%2015.19.47.jpg?dl=0

Was getting signal in the -70dbm range when near it. It is on the roof of a parking structure facing some buildings.

Any screenshots of SignalCheck or Engineering screens?

I wanted to eat my words real quick. The reason my experience has been so crappy as of late is because I was part of the android 6 preview program and it forced my phone to 1x all the time and would just camp out there leaving for an incredibly crappy experience. Over the past week on the official version, things have improved back to normal. Also, the nexus 5x is proving to be a much better phone than the nexus 5 on holding on to LTE so now I occasionally get LTE at work and sometimes at home. Granted, now I'm pisses at Google because I sold a bunch of my sprint shares and signed up for a Tmobile plan that I can now go and cancel. TMO is still superior in OC, but I don't want to lose my $60 unlimited plan.

I wanted to eat my words real quick. The reason my experience has been so crappy as of late is because I was part of the android 6 preview program and it forced my phone to 1x all the time and would just camp out there leaving for an incredibly crappy experience. Over the past week on the official version, things have improved back to normal. Also, the nexus 5x is proving to be a much better phone than the nexus 5 on holding on to LTE so now I occasionally get LTE at work and sometimes at home. Granted, now I'm pisses at Google because I sold a bunch of my sprint shares and signed up for a Tmobile plan that I can now go and cancel. TMO is still superior in OC, but I don't want to lose my $60 unlimited plan.

You were on an Android Preview and you ascribed all your problems to Sprint? Did you forget you were using experimental software?? :td:

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 5

Wow you sure do things rather hastily without eliminating variables.  Prior to the Nexus 5X on your Nexus 5 you must have known the Sprint LTE coverage in the different areas you travel prior to installing the Android 6 preview.  Didn't you find it very strange that it was perhaps the software that was causing your LTE woes and not the Sprint service itself.  If that happened to me, I would have at least flashed the Nexus 5 back to Lollipop just to confirm if the LTE woes was really Sprint service that was messed up or not.

Wow you sure do things rather hastily without eliminating variables. Prior to the Nexus 5X on your Nexus 5 you must have known the Sprint LTE coverage in the different areas you travel prior to installing the Android 6 preview. Didn't you find it very strange that it was perhaps the software that was causing your LTE woes and not the Sprint service itself. If that happened to me, I would have at least flashed the Nexus 5 back to Lollipop just to confirm if the LTE woes was really Sprint service that was messed up or not.

You know, I think I should get some cred to eat my words. What would you think if for 4 months you don't get LTE anymore and you drop calls all the time. 4 months without cell service when you are a principle project manager is a big deal.
  • Like 1

You know, I think I should get some cred to eat my words. What would you think if for 4 months you don't get LTE anymore.

Well ur right u should get some cred.  However you're telling me that the second you installed the Android 6 preview you didn't notice the sudden drop in LTE coverage?  I sure as hell would have at least confirmed back on Lollipop if it was still working...thats all.  I wouldn't have put up with 4 months of no LTE coverage.  What I am saying is that it shouldn't have taken so long to figure it out unless your telling me that the first version of the Android 6 preview didn't butcher LTE coverage.

Putting experimental software on your phone is always risky and if it was going to get rid of my LTE coverage...sorry but I would instantly give up as being a guinea pig and went back to Lollipop. I know what areas I get LTE so it would be very quick to figure out what was going on.  Software bugs do happen.  But anyways..at least you figured out your issue and hopefully learned something.

You know, I think I should get some cred to eat my words. What would you think if for 4 months you don't get LTE anymore and you drop calls all the time. 4 months without cell service when you are a principle project manager is a big deal.

You get some cred by me. However, just know that Android Previews have historically had issues before. If your connectivity is critical to your job, you will want to avoid these in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Let's give him some credit for even giving feedback in the first place, even if there were a some mistakes. It also takes a lot of character from a man or a woman to come back on to an internet forum no less and admit fault and clear the situation.

When I first joined years ago this site was widely open to communication and sharing experiences regardless if there was user error involved. Over the years I've noticed a tone from many members, sponsors of all levels, and administrative staff becoming more and more harsh and less forgiving with a sense of entitlement. This is part of the reason I have greatly reduced my participation in topics and threads.

Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of great and helpful members here of all levels and I appreciate all of their help and given input. This is just something I wanted to point out and if anyone thinks I am out of line and feels the need to correct me, please do so in a respectable manner.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond just the Nexus 5x being a strong phone with good antennas, I think Sprint has really be tuning their coverage recently and it has been quite impressive. Has anyone else received better sprint service in the past week or two?

• Like 1

Beyond just the Nexus 5x being a strong phone with good antennas, I think Sprint has really be tuning their coverage recently and it has been quite impressive. Has anyone else received better sprint service in the past week or two?

Haven't noticed a change. I get 4g nearly everywhere. Only time my n6 drops to 3g is in stores and in few spots on my running trail, however, before the 6.0 update it wouldn't drop to 3g on my trail.

Yes, Sprint has been awesome lately. I'm glad I stuck around.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Anyone know what the B25 squared means?  I posted this earlier and the thread seems to have disappeared.

What part of OC is this located?  Could it be that Sprint is now firing up a 2nd B25 carrier in So Cal.

Anyone know what the B25 squared means? I posted this earlier and the thread seems to have disappeared.

Did you do a speed test?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

What part of OC is this located? Could it be that Sprint is now firing up a 2nd B25 carrier in So Cal.

Unless his weather widget is giving info for a different area, it ain't OC [emoji295]️

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Unless his weather widget is giving info for a different area, it ain't OC [emoji295]️

Hopefully youz guyz get some rain this winter.

What part of OC is this located?  Could it be that Sprint is now firing up a 2nd B25 carrier in So Cal.

This was not OC and not taken by me. I believe it was up in Oregon but not sure exactly where.

Can you provide the EARFCN?

No idea what that means.

Good observation. Haha

Hopefully youz guyz get some rain this winter.

That's for sure!  Tired of the silly water rationing.

Also why was my thread moved into this section (it's not So. Cal related) and how do you know when your thread is moved?  I didn't get any notification of where it was and when I shared the original link with some others that link became bad so they had to come back and tell me there was nothing to view. 

This was not OC and not taken by me. I believe it was up in Oregon.

No idea what that means.

Darn I was hoping you were reporting that OC was starting to get a 2nd B25 carrier.  

Also the EUTRA Absolute radio-frequency channel number (EARFCN) is the frequency channel number that translates into the frequencies that Sprint uses for that connected LTE carrier.  If you use the app LTE Discovery in the Play Store (link below), it tells you the EARFCN  for the UL and DL channels of the connected LTE carrier.  Alternatively, you can type in ##DEBUG# as a dialer code and select LTE Engineering menu it will tell you the EARFCN for the UL and DL channels.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery&hl=en

• Like 1