Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

It would be nice if Sprint could add 1.9/2.5 GHz small cells inside the Disney parks. But I think around that area due to the huge amount of people around the park needs some massive capacity upgrades to make it useable inside the park.

Hopefully HPUE will help with relieving some capacity inside the park if the 2.5 GHz sites nearby Disneyland assuming it can reach inside the park.

Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe AT&T owns the DAS at Disneyland. Someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Disney started upgrading their WiFi throughout the California Disney Land Parks a couple years ago in preparation for the introduction of the same Magic Band equipment that is in use in the Florida Disney World parks.  The Magic Band project is significantly behind its original schedule since much of the work can only be performed on it at night when the parks are closed.  From what I have heard, some (maybe most) of the funding for expanding the Magic Band project has been redirected to security improvements and to the new Star Wars park changes.  The Magic band readers that get installed at the beginning of every ride are configured to work over WiFi if a wired network can not be easily run to that location.

The Magic Band project is very expensive and requires a large amount of equipment to be installed, tested, and proven to be reliable under all conditions.  Customers will not tolerate putting their Magic Band up to a reader and having that reader not working due to a WiFi overload or outage.  Once the WiFi part of that project is completed, Most Disney Land park guests will be on a usable WiFi network.  That frees up the macro cellular network capacity in the entire area.

Do they plan on making service better in the park? How is service with other carriers?

From what I know, Verizon is the only carrier that doesn't suck at Disney. Even then, their service is far from superb as well, regularly slowing down or dropping to 3G in certain areas. Back when Pokemon Go was still the hotness, anyone not on a Verizon phone needed to tether to one of our friends' phones on Verizon just to get the game to load. Otherwise, good luck doing anything over data. That being said, I can't speak for AT&T since I only know from a Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon point of view. This was also during Pokemon Go's peak, so there were hundreds (thousands?) of people at Disney doing it.

Although I'm not 100% sure, I believe AT&T owns the DAS at Disneyland. Someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

That is correct and I think it  has another five years or so, my friends that go to the parks and have ATT say it's no better, they don't have enough capacity and if they try to periscope or something like that it will surely lock up. I do know the wifi the cast members use has improved a ton over the last few months, they were scanning all the tickets and uploading photos of everyone on their first entrance and it has gone to lightning fast and used to be a major drag so ATT has done something on that level and I think they are working on some sort of public wifi as the park is using their mobile app to enhance the experience quite a bit more. 

• 1 month later...

Noticed this week at work that my phone has been connecting to B26. It may have been sooner than this week but I had Signal Check off from displaying in my status part. My N6P likes to bounce between B41 and B26 depending on where I am (I work in a big building moving throughout it all day). My location is near the 5 Freeway on Orangethorpe (Northern OC).

Noticed this week at work that my phone has been connecting to B26. It may have been sooner than this week but I had Signal Check off from displaying in my status part. My N6P likes to bounce between B41 and B26 depending on where I am (I work in a big building moving throughout it all day). My location is near the 5 Freeway on Orangethorpe (Northern OC).

Let me guess. 11 GCI ending.

Nope. No B26.

It's Nokia 10x10 B25 With gci ending of 11/12/13 which is confusing the signal apps since 11 ending is used for B26 in Samsung land.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Let me guess. 11 GCI ending.

Nope. No B26.

It's Nokia 10x10 B25 With gci ending of 11/12/13 which is confusing the signal apps since 11 ending is used for B26 in Samsung land.

Just checked my screenshot. My dream was crushed haha. YUP, ends in 11......

Edit. Explain this to me. When it says "B26: it's better than when it says B25. I'm assuming it's just a different cell site connected to, however, when it does say "B26" it's faster, around 13 Mbps where as B25 is unusable.

Edited by HTCandroid

Edit. Explain this to me. When it says "B26: it's better than when it says B25. I'm assuming it's just a different cell site connected to, however, when it does say "B26" it's faster, around 13 Mbps where as B25 is unusable.

10x10

• Like 1

It is a wider 10x10 LTE channel, which means it has higher peak speeds and more capacity than the original 5x5 G Block channel. The 10x10 channel also has slightly better edge of cell performance, so you may get LTE in a few marginal areas where you did not get LTE before. The 10x10 channel is a second carrier, in addition to the first carrier which will show up as LTE Band 25. The "Band 26" is not necessarily a different tower, just a different carrier (with more capacity).

• Like 2

It is a wider 10x10 LTE channel, which means it has higher peak speeds and more capacity than the original 5x5 G Block channel. The 10x10 channel also has slightly better edge of cell performance, so you may get LTE in a few marginal areas where you did not get LTE before. The 10x10 channel is a second carrier, in addition to the first carrier which will show up as LTE Band 25. The "Band 26" is not necessarily a different tower, just a different carrier (with more capacity).

So my question is 10x10 channel...is this being rolled out across LA, Orange County and San Diego. Basically the entire SoCal area ? I live in lake Elsinore CA but work in San Juan Capistrano I could really use 10x10. I'm not sure if 10x10 will improve the remote area I work at. I get decent LTE signal outside but inside my work building it's anyone's guess who gets signal or no signal mostly roam inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my question is 10x10 channel...is this being rolled out across LA, Orange County and San Diego. Basically the entire SoCal area ? I live in lake Elsinore CA but work in San Juan Capistrano I could really use 10x10. I'm not sure if 10x10 will improve the remote area I work at. I get decent LTE signal outside but inside my work building it's anyone's guess who gets signal or no signal mostly roam inside

I seen it in Corona, havent seen it in OC at all.

I am picking it up in the 92677 Laguna Niguel near Target

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am picking it up in the 92677 Laguna Niguel near Target

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

That's pretty close. My job is in San Juan Capistrano. But the nearest tower is like 5-6 miles away so my coverage outside is decent but inside buildings is bismal. I'm hoping 10x10 helps inside until band 26 is cleared sometime in 2037.

That's pretty close. My job is in San Juan Capistrano. But the nearest tower is like 5-6 miles away so my coverage outside is decent but inside buildings is bismal. I'm hoping 10x10 helps inside until band 26 is cleared sometime in 2037.

We have to wait until 2037 in SoCal?!?!

We have to wait until 2037 in SoCal?!?!

Sprint might not even be around by that time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm in Irvine right now & Signal Check Pro is falsely reporting band 26 as well.

Better signal inside ? I don't was on 3G in that Costco last time

Inside Costco, I still had LTE.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So joke of the day....I follow sprint coo on Facebook and he posts about the Magic box....I then commented on how bad the tower spacing is on the 1.9 in socal and wished they would resolve the band 26 issue...some guy commented back saying band 26 was live in parts of socal already. I died laughing as I know that's not remotely true....that would have breaking news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

So joke of the day....I follow sprint coo on Facebook and he posts about the Magic box....I then commented on how bad the tower spacing is on the 1.9 in socal and wished they would resolve the band 26 issue...some guy commented back saying band 26 was live in parts of socal already. I died laughing as I know that's not remotely true....that would have breaking news.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Totally agree the cell spacing for 1.9 is horrendous in So Cal. HPUE and B26 would barely make up for it. Sprint needs to add a ton of macro amd small cells in So Cal to improve coverage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2