Airave / Evo 4g Lte data connection but not voice

jsolo

This issue has cropped up yet again.

Last time it looks like they shut down the SMR transmissions (or they were just testing them for a short period), and the phone relocked back to the airave when near it. I didn't actually get a chance to try out the instructions in post #10

About 4 or 5 days ago I wasn't hearing the 3 beeps when placing/receiving calls.

Called up airave support and as usual they had their heads up their @ss.

Had a chance to modify the current 25010 prl as digiblur instructed above. Result, success!

http://img268.images...8/9894/prly.png

Modified prl: http://db.tt/wk9muM1j

When near the airave, phone locks to it. When airrave is powered off, phone relocks to 22439 sid. When airave is back online, phone is back on the airave. This functions now exactly as before the introduction of 22439 sid.

I really don't understand why sprint doesn't just include this in the prl themselves. Maybe they're trying to wean people off these things. Either way, using an airave signal should improve battery life.

Digi, thanks again for your help!

Very nice!! I'm impressed. Glad to hear my theory works. Still waiting on my letter in the mail from Sprint to hire me on contract for PRL work ;) Sooooo many issues I could fix for them and probably many more I missed.

Now, I do know the Airave 2.5 has the capability to send out an 800SMR beacon to get your phone to switch to the Airave. Whether it is turned or not on that model is another question.

^^Mine is the older 2.0 airave.

I made a thread on xda about the fix last night. Someone posted this morning that the 2.5 did indeed fix their handoff issue too. It would be a waste of a perfectly good (airave=pos :) ) piece of hardware to replace it when the fix is so simple. Another piece of electronics in the landfill.

Will push 'em for an updated version when this one fails altogther.