Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Hope to see some 1x800 here in Columbia Missouri soon. In the past I've had to use an Airave just to have service at my house but now with my HTC One I use the network app and set the radio band to 800 and roam on US Cellular.

Hope to see some 1x800 here in Columbia Missouri soon. In the past I've had to use an Airave just to have service at my house but now with my HTC One I use the network app and set the radio band to 800 and roam on US Cellular.

Why not just use the airave? I am pretty sure forcing roaming is a violation of your t&cs. I could be wrong but in any case to much roaming and sprint will eventually ask you to leave their network.

Why not just use the airave? I am pretty sure forcing roaming is a violation of your t&cs. I could be wrong but in any case to much roaming and sprint will eventually ask you to leave their network.

Ever used an Airave? Highly unreliable.

• Like 1

I saw a lot of 1x800 in Des Moines a couple weeks ago... Wish they would hurry up here in the Ozarks!

It's coming, but it's likely still several months away. Last I saw, it's probably 3-6 months out unfortunately. July seems to ring some bells....

• Like 2

Yup never had problems with it. My brother used one for a year and had zero issues. He finally dropped it about three months ago because 800 lite up in his area.

I have the 2.0 model Airave with Nexus5 phones right now. I can see the signal level drop to nothing, then roaming, non-roaming.

All while running network connectivity monitoring. Had the same issue with Samsung s3 phones too.

Can't rely on the Airave, if it works, great !, when it doesn't work, Oh well.

I just don't think we should pay the monthly 'fee' for the Airave for such an unreliable device.

I have the 2.0 model Airave with Nexus5 phones right now. I can see the signal level drop to nothing, then roaming, non-roaming.

All while running network connectivity monitoring. Had the same issue with Samsung s3 phones too.

I just don't think we should pay the monthly 'fee' for the Airave for such an unreliable device.

You, pay for the airave? I wouldn't have one if I had to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I agree on the fee, even if it was reliable. Your just asking for a bad reputation by doing that. But thankfully Sprint 's retention department usually waives it for people or at least they did for me.

My airave is free. Its been working great for over a year (Airvana 2.5). Since changing my home ISP to Verizon FiOS it's been even better. I had some call quality issues and choppiness using it with Time Warner.

I only wish my Nexus would connect to it from LTE. I get -115 to -120 PCS LTE at home, and if I forget to change it to 3G it will either connect to a weak -100 PCS or a decent -80 to -85 1X 800 signal to take the call. It just makes me look forward to 800 even more.

I don't know why, but my EVO would never connect to 800. It would roam on Verizon instead, it will be nice when 800 is widespread and available for use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My airave is free. Its been working great for over a year (Airvana 2.5). Since changing my home ISP to Verizon FiOS it's been even better. I had some call quality issues and choppiness using it with Time Warner.

I only wish my Nexus would connect to it from LTE. I get -115 to -120 PCS LTE at home, and if I forget to change it to 3G it will either connect to a weak -100 PCS or a decent -80 to -85 1X 800 signal to take the call. It just makes me look forward to 800 even more.

I don't know why, but my EVO would never connect to 800. It would roam on Verizon instead, it will be nice when 800 is widespread and available for use.

It will, it's called wifi. It is virtually the same thing as having a lte airave. :P

• Like 1

It will, it's called wifi. It is virtually the same thing as having a lte airave. :P

Until WiFi calling is added to every phone, its not when using a triband device. If I don't manage to latch onto 1X800 when I take a call, it will drop on me unless I force the phone to 3G when I get home. I still need my phone to work as a phone reliably above anything else.

Oh, that's interesting! eCSFB doesn't work with Airaves? That could explain any desire for Sprint to make them support LTE.

What would really be smart would be WiFi calling usable by any smartphone. Perhaps using SIP?

Oh, that's interesting! eCSFB doesn't work with Airaves? That could explain any desire for Sprint to make them support LTE.

What would really be smart would be WiFi calling usable by any smartphone. Perhaps using SIP?

I don't think it's so much eCSFB as the tower can't hand off to the Airave when the phone switches to 1x take/make a call from LTE. The only solution they gave me was to set my phone to 3G only mode when at home.

I don't think it's so much eCSFB as the tower can't hand off to the Airave when the phone switches to 1x take/make a call from LTE. The only solution they gave me was to set my phone to 3G only mode when at home.

What they need to do is make sure triband phones drop back to 1x when on wifi as well, just like it drops from LTE to make calls, it should park on 1x when it already has a wifi data connection.

• Like 2

Getting 800 Lte in TX...

I picked up band 26 for a short second on my Nexus 5 in way north Fort Worth. Long enough to catch it in SignalCheck Pro and see it go away as I opened the engineering screen. I could really use it, too, so my calls don't keep getting missed due to flaky LTE.

Ready for that Spark update.

• Like 2

I picked up band 26 for a short second on my Nexus 5 in way north Fort Worth. Long enough to catch it in SignalCheck Pro and see it go away as I opened the engineering screen. I could really use it, too, so my calls don't keep getting missed due to flaky LTE.

Ready for that Spark update.

Isnt band 26 specifically sprints 800 lte deployment? Where calls on sprints network take place over 1900 pcs and 800 smr, not lte?

Isnt band 26 specifically sprints 800 lte deployment? Where calls on sprints network take place over 1900 pcs and 800 smr, not lte?

eCSFB devices will still use LTE for paging of incoming calls and texts....then fall back to 3G for the call.

• Like 1

eCSFB devices will still use LTE for paging of incoming calls and texts....then fall back to 3G for the call.

Dur dur dur, I should've thought this through lol. Guess I don't really notice my device having those issues though, I tend to toggle cdma only when I'm at work (Sprint) and home, due to lte being fringe in both locations as we await backhaul. I'm a heavy data user and the drop back to 3g drives me nuts when my equipment idles on weak lte. I know it's annoying to switch it all the time, but wouldnt that address missed call issues on spark devices.

I would almost bet he got those numbers from here. Lol

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

Not necessarily, GLANCE gives that level of information to anyone with access. This includes Leads/ASM/SM in store, Technical Support, Account Services, etc. (I am unsure about general Care reps).

EDIT: Did not realize how old that post was.