HTC Edge/Endeavor/One X

shaunm82

Although the OEM's have all said they will be reducing model lines, we have yet to see it come to fruition and HTC has always done things differently. The changes to the EVO One especially the kickstand may be just changing the battery case which would be a negligible difference in manufacturing and it may be just for this particular phone. I don't know if adding a SD card slot would be a bid factor, HTC has to make a space for a SIM card for the GSM carriers, that space could by use for the memory card.

HTC has always had the rep of making a phone to the carriers needs, while Moto and Samsung will probably hold the line. We'll have to see how much their promise to limit their model lines will reign them in.

Although the OEM's have all said they will be reducing model lines, we have yet to see it come to fruition and HTC has always done things differently. The changes to the EVO One especially the kickstand may be just changing the battery case which would be a negligible difference in manufacturing and it may be just for this particular phone. I don't know if adding a SD card slot would be a bid factor, HTC has to make a space for a SIM card for the GSM carriers, that space could by use for the memory card.

HTO has always had the rep of making a phone to the carriers needs, while Moto and Samsung will probably hold the line. We'll have to see how much their promise to limit their model lines will reign them in.

I think part of it will be how they had to rethink their whole way of doing business. They had booming success, but the product line got stale and they let their competition catch up. The Sprint model will be a big question mark. On one hand, they want to reinvent the EVO and hopefully revisit the success it saw, on the other hand, they have their new business model and need to commit 100% to be successful.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I come HTC Evo One LTE.

Oh yeah, and excellent video. Thanks!!

No kidding, that was impressive. wow. The ability to take pics while making a video is great, very helpful. But able to do it after the fact while watching the video is even more impressive.

I forgot who said it previously, but I am also throwing my money to the screen and nothing is happening. lol

if the screen looks that good while in video, imagine in real life face to face viewing. wow.

TS

• Like 3

No kidding, that was impressive. wow. The ability to take pics while making a video is great, very helpful. But able to do it after the fact while watching the video is even more impressive.

I forgot who said it previously, but I am also throwing my money to the screen and nothing is happening. lol

if the screen looks that good while in video, imagine in real life face to face viewing. wow.

TS

LMAO!!!!!!!!! I was the one that said that and the fact that you quoted me just now makes it even that much more funnier.

• Like 1

I think I saw somewhere that you can only take pics while recording a video on the one with the tegra3 chip. But still has alot of impressive features. Anybody see the car dock mode yet?

Not true since the one in the video is the att version which is lte which also has the s4 chip.

This is cool.

What...HTC Media Link HD

Please stop, my heart can't take anymore (nor my wallet for that matter) lol

that looks good. Looks crystal clear. I wonder how netflix looks.

man I can't wait till Wed to see this thing in person.

TS

Not true since the one in the video is the att version which is lte which also has the s4 chip.

Got confused check at 6:15 on this vid.

Its where you can still use the phone even if you have used the media link to 3 finger swipe something to the tv. Only on quad core ;)

What...HTC Media Link HD

Please stop' date=' my heart can't take anymore (nor my wallet for that matter) lol

that looks good. Looks crystal clear. I wonder how netflix looks.

man I can't wait till Wed to see this thing in person.

TS[/quote']

Well dont fall out but you will prob like this too then lmao

Edit wrong link lol

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHNVxmEZj05I&v=HNVxmEZj05I&gl=US

Edited by buckhunter
  • Like 3

The white one looks really nice. Again that screen looks so good.

The dot connections on the side is something I've always thought would be a very good idea for a mobile device.

This lessens the wear and tear on the charging port on most devices that is used for charging, data, docks etc.

Keep this up and I won't find anything new at the event. Plus the fact that.... umm .... oh crap..._________________________

Edit:

This is twospirits spouse, he is doing okay, we had to cpr, but he is doing fine now.

• Like 1

Could this be what the EVO One looks like? We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

http://www.androidce...how-htc-evo-one

Saw this earlier on engadget. It looks like a very bad photoshop attempt but if thats what it really looks like then I will be very disappointed. More importantly though as long as the specs are in line with whats rumoured then I am getting it on day one, oh and it better have the same slcd2 screen like the one x.

Can we unsticky this thread and use the one thats actually about the Sprint version instead?

I'm not sure I follow. This thread isn't "pinned" or a "sticky." And which thread is the Sprint version?

Robert

I'm not sure I follow. This thread isn't "pinned" or a "sticky." And which thread is the Sprint version?

Robert

that was my fault. I could of sworn this was a sticky when i looked this morning. As I had replied in the other and this one still was the top thread...likely my browser not catching up is all.

just disregard it. been a long morning. lol

• Like 1

that was my fault. I could of sworn this was a sticky when i looked this morning. As I had replied in the other and this one still was the top thread...likely my browser not catching up is all.

just disregard it. been a long morning. lol

No sweat. I do dislike how pinned threads appear in our forums. They could be much better identified. But it's an IP Board limitation.

Robert

• Like 1

http://phandroid.com...l-announcement/

Here are a few more pics. At least its got a kickstand.

Edit: too bad all these pics suck. Guess we'll get a better view tomorrow. I'll wait to pass judgment. Is that a dedicated camera button? Wondering what other additions it will have... bigger battery? removable battery? sdcard slot?

Well my MIL's surgery was postpone so i will be attending the event tonight.

As for the camera pics, If i am not mistaken, my previous EVO 4G took awesome pics, I doubt that its replacement would be worse. And i doubt that on a major press event such as this one, that HTC would let out a device that shoots bad images.

Either way , I'll find out in a few hours.

TS

• Like 2

Well my MIL's surgery was postpone so i will be attending the event tonight.

As for the camera pics, If i am not mistaken, my previous EVO 4G took awesome pics, I doubt that its replacement would be worse. And i doubt that on a major press event such as this one, that HTC would let out a device that shoots bad images.

Either way , I'll find out in a few hours.

TS

I was commenting on how bad the leaked pictures of the phone were. From the rumors, it seems like HTC will be leading the pack in camera technology.

Glad you will be able to go to the event. Anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the new phone.

• Like 1