HTC Edge/Endeavor/One X

shaunm82

Here is a link with some info. http://forums.androi...d.php?p=1677212

Yeah a poster over on xda said what they saw had a kickstand and micro sd slot too...for grain of salt

The one thing that cries out to me is the 4.7in 720p Amoled Screen.....that info HAS to be wrong there no way thats true. imho

It would at least have to be the HD Super Amoled screen which is what is used on the Galaxy Nexus(which is 4.65in)...

Beside that why would they be using the same screen size as the OneX yet switch form SLCD 2 720p screen to this one?? Makes no sense to me.

http://postimage.org/image/t4i7upsu5/

There is a pic with the SLCD2 of the OneX on bottom and GNexus on top...

Paul over at modacco forums said the OneX SLCD2 display "...The screen is, frankly, insane. Compared to my Galaxy Nexus it was embarrasing..." (http://android.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/htc-announce-one-series-with-one-x-r344?st=30)

• Like 1

It all sounds very plausible, but then again informed speculation gets you 90% of the way to those specs anyway; except the kickstand and SD card, it's all pretty predictable based on what we know already about the GSM One X variants.

I'm still leaning toward the Galaxy Nexus just to have the pure Google experience and have my new phone 5 weeks sooner (and not to reward HTC again for my Evo's annoyances), but this phone definitely seems like a strong contender too, particularly if they can follow through with the accessories like the car dock (where Sammy hasn't in the US yet).

It all sounds very plausible, but then again informed speculation gets you 90% of the way to those specs anyway; except the kickstand and SD card, it's all pretty predictable based on what we know already about the GSM One X variants.

I'm still leaning toward the Galaxy Nexus just to have the pure Google experience and have my new phone 5 weeks sooner (and not to reward HTC again for my Evo's annoyances), but this phone definitely seems like a strong contender too, particularly if they can follow through with the accessories like the car dock (where Sammy hasn't in the US yet).

Chris:

Do you live in a Shentel coverage area? How does that work? Do you still get Sprint devices on the same day? Do you actually just have a Sprint account? I've always been curious how that works.

Robert

Do you live in a Shentel coverage area? How does that work? Do you still get Sprint devices on the same day? Do you actually just have a Sprint account? I've always been curious how that works.

Hopefully this won't drag things too off-topic :)

I've been with Sprint since mid-2002 or so, but I only moved to Blacksburg (which is Shentel territory) in August. Up till then I'd been in corporate markets for the most part, if not always (central MS may still have been an affiliate market when I lived in Jackson - I think the same clowns who ran Baton Rouge into the ground had the franchise there too). It's a bit different from Pioneer's deal was: basically everything customer-facing says Sprint, my bill comes from Sprint, the phone shows native coverage, etc. I honestly don't know how all the financials work exactly, although I think there's some sort of net payment to Shentel for corporate/other affiliate customers who roam here and Shentel pays for its customers who roam elsewhere. Presumably when I changed address to here I became a Shentel customer but there's nothing on my bill that indicates that.

The only Shentel-y thing I've had to deal with is that my apartment really needs an Airave/Airvana (it is literally half-underground; 1900 MHz does not penetrate dirt at all), but Sprint won't give me one because I'm in Shentel-land and I have no clue how to get one from Shentel proper because they don't have anything customer-facing for wireless except the Sprint Store they run in Roanoke (1 hr away).

Verizon's the ILEC here and probably has the biggest wireless following and best build-out; we also have AT&T, nTelos, US Cellular, and Shentel/Sprint (not a bad lineup actually for a rural area).

As far as timing, I think they get new phones on more or less the same schedule as corporate. I expect I'll upgrade at Best Buy though since they ran that $50 gift card promo a while back, and I'll get RZ points.

Anyway hope that clears things up. Basically I'm a Sprint customer except when I'm not.

• Like 1

Anyway hope that clears things up. Basically I'm a Sprint customer except when I'm not.

Thanks for the info. That answers a lot of questions for me!

Robert

• Like 1

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt until next week. If the amped up battery and SD slot are real, i'll be waiting on launch day to grab one....and then wait patiently for LTE to lite up in the OC LOL....

• Like 1

This sounds interesting. Almost makes me want to come back to Sprint...

...Almost.

Probably would wait until NV hits NYC. But I do believe that the specs seem legit' date=' at least I hope so.[/quote']

I didn't know you left. No wonder I don't see you around as much anymore. Miss ya!

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

http://phandroid.com...e-memory-rumor/ Didn't see this link so..

Phandroid's sources sound of questionable validity. Internal Sprint sources unequivocally indicate that the HTC Jet will have NFC. Now, the Phandroid sources state that the Jet will have an upgraded "full metal casing." Here is the problem: the HTC One X has a solid polycarbonate body in order to support NFC. The HTC One S has a full metal casing but does not support NFC, reportedly because of the full metal casing. So, something seems amiss.

AJ

• Like 1

Phandroid's sources sound of questionable validity. Internal Sprint sources unequivocally indicate that the HTC Jet will have NFC. Now, the Phandroid sources state that the Jet will have an upgraded "full metal casing." Here is the problem: the HTC One X has a solid polycarbonate body in order to support NFC. The HTC One S has a full metal casing but does not support NFC, reportedly because of the full metal casing. So, something seems amiss.

AJ

yeah that was odd there....though I LOVE their 2nd update where they confirm itll have SLCD2 and not SAMOLED type screen....that SLCD screen just looks too good to pass up imho....heres to hoping for that being true at least... :)

Though the poster over at xda that said he held this device supposedly mentioned the EVO didn't have a plastic case it seemed...his stuff has lined up with most of the recent leaked rumors here thus far for what its worth...maybe some kind of hybrid casing or something new we have never even herd about before? lol

Edit:

though the comment in there saying "...The HTC EVO One on Sprint is expected to launch on June 6th but wont be Sprint’s premier LTE device. That title is reserved for the

Galaxy Nexus LTE which we’re expecting sometime in April...." is a little ridiculous to say imho...When released there is no way this will not be their flagship LTE device. sorry its silly to think otherwise

Training for galaxy note started too?...not that I want a tablet being held to my face...lol

The real question will be....what LTE Bands will this bad boy support?....and if only supporting the 1900MHz...Whats the liklihood Sprint allows the "Early Upgrade Buyout Program" to be used next June'ish and across the US at that???...Will be very tough decision here to whether to buy the device or hold off if only supporting 1 band...The issue arrises b/c when you upgrade in June this year you are then unable to upgrade till February '14...At that point you might as well just wait till June of that year to upgrade to that next flagship device...In a sense back on the 24month upgrade cycle. lol

That or its going to cause more to pay full retail for devices...ugh decisions. lol

Edit:

(Based on my ROUGH ESTIMATE, Clearwire having 5k sites up by next June would cover 6-8 markets based on Sprints #'s of deploying 500-1100 sites in a given market...)

I'd think 6-8 Major markets is enough to warrant support from devices based on the number that will be live when the Nexus and first batch of LTE devices are released...What I wonder though is if sprint still has to pay Clearwire that same per device fee they did with WiMax devices...If this is the case then maybe Sprint would hold off as long as possible before including the 2.5GHz in devices?...

This is also assuming that Sprint has to pay Clearwire per device no matter if the device ever connects to Clearwires network or not...thats one thing I never thought about before...Did Sprint really have to pay for Clearwire the fee for the device if it never once connected to Clearwires network?...

The real question will be....what LTE Bands will this bad boy support?....and if only supporting the 1900MHz...Whats the liklihood Sprint allows the "Early Upgrade Buyout Program" to be used next June'ish and across the US at that???...Will be very tough decision here to whether to buy the device or hold off if only supporting 1 band...The issue arrises b/c when you upgrade in June this year you are then unable to upgrade till February '14...At that point you might as well just wait till June of that year to upgrade to that next flagship device...In a sense back on the 24month upgrade cycle. lol

That or its going to cause more to pay full retail for devices...ugh decisions. lol

Edit:

(Based on my ROUGH ESTIMATE, Clearwire having 5k sites up by next June would cover 6-8 markets based on Sprints #'s of deploying 500-1100 sites in a given market...)

I'd think 6-8 Major markets is enough to warrant support from devices based on the number that will be live when the Nexus and first batch of LTE devices are released...What I wonder though is if sprint still has to pay Clearwire that same per device fee they did with WiMax devices...If this is the case then maybe Sprint would hold off as long as possible before including the 2.5GHz in devices?...

This is also assuming that Sprint has to pay Clearwire per device no matter if the device ever connects to Clearwires network or not...thats one thing I never thought about before...Did Sprint really have to pay for Clearwire the fee for the device if it never once connected to Clearwires network?...

I think the agreement they have with Clearwire is by data amount, not by device. Sprint will probably have their own network higher up on the PRL list.

According to the article the name is HTC EVO One.

one of the members here (EggotheKilljoy) actually came up with that name a while back, upon searching around the web and twitter, it seems that he was the first one. go eggo.

Correct, the article does not state anything concrete. It states.. "Also, for this model the device HTC may not have the plastic casing of the regular One X, instead going for a full metal casing. The tipster mentioned that it felt solid in the hand." key words here is "may not", that does not say it will have a a full metal casing. The tipster mentioned it felt solid in the hand and did not provide any further details on the casing itself. With Sprint going on the record that it wants to include NFC and Google wallet in as many devices it offers, I see no reason why this device would be any different.

yeah that was odd there....though I LOVE their 2nd update where they confirm itll have SLCD2 and not SAMOLED type screen....

though the comment in there saying "...The HTC EVO One on Sprint is expected to launch on June 6th but wont be Sprint’s premier LTE device. That title is reserved for the Galaxy Nexus LTE which we’re expecting sometime in April...." is a little ridiculous to say imho...When released there is no way this will not be their flagship LTE device. sorry its silly to think otherwise

Training for galaxy note started too?...not that I want a tablet being held to my face...lol

Couple of observations here.

SLCD2 = AWESOME

At times I am left to wonder the mindset on how Sprint classifies the devices as premier/flagship. Granted the Galaxy Nexus is a fine device and according to the defacto definition it is "to offer a pure Android experience in which the phone comes free of carrier or manufacturer modifications and with an unlocked bootloader to allow further development and end-user modifications, thus making it the flagship Android device." (as per wikipedia) but that's just it, there are others that offer better specs, like the EVO One and Note.

As for the Note, again I want one (no pun intended) but I do not see how the reps are training for it if it hasn't hit the FCC yet with Sprints bands.

I look forward to the April 4th event, but wish it was a Sprint only thing so they can introduce all their upcoming phones at once.

TS

I was approached by two unknown sources with lots of sketchy details. Sarge was also keeping me up to date from other rumors too.

However, I don't report on things I hear verbally or get typed in emails. Only on official docs. So I am skeptical in all these details. Especially the ones, like AJ points out, that seem to conflict with real data we actually have from official internal sources.

We have already heard conflicting rumors. So some of these trusted rumors already have to be false.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• 1.5 dual-core krait processor
  • 2650mah non-removal battery
  • 16GB internal memory + micro sd card slot

This phone is beginning to interest me. If Sense 4 isn't the memory whore it's claimed to be and if it feels right in the hand...Hmmm?

• Like 2

This phone is beginning to interest me. If Sense 4 isn't the memory whore it's claimed to be and if it feels right in the hand...Hmmm?

Memory whore? :rofl:

I have an ex-girlfriend who still screws with my memory! So I can relate about the anguish you must feel, just by channeling that. :lol:

Robert

• Like 2

Memory whore?

I have an ex-girlfriend who still screws with my memory! So I can relate about the anguish you must feel, just by channeling that.

Robert

Now that's funny stuff! :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My guess is that the rumors are false in the same way that all the Galaxy S3 rumors were.

I would definitely welcome the addition of a kickstand and microSD card support. However, wouldn't this go against HTC's new paradigm of simplifying their product line? That was the whole purpose of the HTC One series.

So now instead of having HTC Evo, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, etc., we instead have HTC One V, HTC One S, HTC One X, HTC One XL, HTC Evo One, etc. And some carriers only get certain models. It doesn't seem different at all from before other than a superficial change in naming style. I think HTC is smarter than this, and I don't think these rumors are true.

My guess is that the rumors are false in the same way that all the Galaxy S3 rumors were.

I would definitely welcome the addition of a kickstand and microSD card support. However, wouldn't this go against HTC's new paradigm of simplifying their product line? That was the whole purpose of the HTC One series.

So now instead of having HTC Evo, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, etc., we instead have HTC One V, HTC One S, HTC One X, HTC One XL, HTC Evo One, etc. And some carriers only get certain models. It doesn't seem different at all from before other than a superficial change in naming style. I think HTC is smarter than this, and I don't think these rumors are true.

I agree with what you are saying and for the most part it is a superficial change, in either case though this phone will have the evo name somewhere in it. Other than the iphone the evo 4g is by far the most successful selling phone ever on sprint, so that name isn't going anywhere especially with the countless evo 4g's that are about to come off of contract.

• Like 2

I agree with what you are saying and for the most part it is a superficial change, in either case though this phone will have the evo name somewhere in it. Other than the iphone the evo 4g is by far the most successful selling phone ever on sprint, so that name isn't going anywhere especially with the countless evo 4g's that are about to come off of contract.

Yeah, I know what you mean. On one hand, the Evo brand/name carries a lot of weight and marketability and it would be foolish to throw that away. On the other hand, HTC is losing to both Samsung and Apple who are successful with their simplified Galaxy and iPhone brands respectively. So they need to do something, but I'm sure they'd feel like they're shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't re-use "Evo".

Hopefully this hasn't been posted... Here is a video that kind of goes over the camera abilities of the One X (EVO 3?)... It look pretty impressive, but one thing I thought was nice was the screen.. although its hard to tell over a video... but the screen quality produced by that SLCD2 HD screen looks really good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qujf22EPJ0&feature=player_embedded#!

• Like 4

Hopefully this hasn't been posted... Here is a video that kind of goes over the camera abilities of the One X (EVO 3?)... It look pretty impressive, but one thing I thought was nice was the screen.. although its hard to tell over a video... but the screen quality produced by that SLCD2 HD screen looks really good!

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I come HTC Evo One LTE.

Oh yeah, and excellent video. Thanks!!

• Like 2