Network Vision/LTE - Alabama Market (including Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile)

jonathanm1978

I was wondering how accurate the BSL is on Signal Pro...I saw a location the other day when I ran it in Syl and I know there shouldn't be a tower where it was addressing ....because I know the 3 for this area. But it still showed it after I cycled data.

So far every app I've tried (signalcheck being the exception, don't have the pro version yet) puts a site right in the middle of a weapons test range on Redstone Arsenal.

SignalCheck Pro will probably show the same spot any other apps do.. see here for why: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#bslwrong

-Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Ok...I can say with pride that Sylacauga has LTE on one of the towers and thanks to Sensorly, I've laid down some purple track on the way home from some visiting we did over the weekend to Troy, Alabama. I'm headed back to town in a few to check which site it is, but I got a good idea already and will take photos to post for the supporters...but it's been on since Friday when I suddenly felt that 3-vibrate notification that Sigcheck does when LTE is found. I was in town on Thursday and there wasn't any LTE in the same spot..so I know they had just got it on Friday morning and were still working on it when we hit hwy 21 headed towards Montgomery.

I Sensorly'd some in Montgomery but there was already someone doing it in that area...I'm happy to say I'm the only sensorly user in the Sylacauga area - besides my wife, I made her download it yesterday when we came back to Sylacauga because it shouldn't be long before she starts seeing some around Wilsonville/Columbiana, where the power plant is...

If you look at the Sensorly map, when I get home later the word "Sylacauga" should have some dark purple on it...if I'm right about the tower that's been flipped on. I'm going right there where you can see the hwy 34 just under the word Sylacauga, and around in the entire area surrounding that street.(though that's not where the antenna is, I'm going to do some extra driving to put down some purple).

in Auburn 4G lit up on my phone just past the mall. frustrating for me because now it lights up within 60 seconds of each direction i turn from where i live. just my luck..and weird at the same time that i'm within that small window where it's stilll 3G

Edited by gamersfuel

Not so much the download speed as most things on a phone can operate on 5mbps, give or take a meg per second, but upload speed is important because things sync so often. YouTube uploading a video, photos being sent to Google+, etc

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Not so much the download speed as most things on a phone can operate on 5mbps, give or take a meg per second, but upload speed is important because things sync so often. YouTube uploading a video, photos being sent to Google+, etc

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Upload that particular test was 1.5mb but have seen over 5mb on other test

Sent from a Galaxy within my palm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Long time reader, first time poster...

I'm in Huntsville, so decided to create an account when I first started seeing 4G.  Noticed it the other day and started laying down the purple.  So far I've found it in the Hampton Cove area, and on University Dr. around Madison Sq. Mall.

I haven't done much with Sensorly since I left headed to Slidell for my brother's funeral on October 10. I dunno..I've lost interest in lots of things since then and just haven't had the urge to do much...but it's good to see Sprint working so fast to get LTE up and going in areas that are so rural, like the Sylacauga area.  I had LTE at my dads, and at the Microtel on 1090 in Pearl River...and even on the West Pearl when we went out in the boat. I just wasn't thinking and didn't map anything on our travels.

I'm here in the Huntsville area too. I've noticed LTE being turned on as you go up N. Memorial Parkway in the plaza with Redstone Federal Credit Union and Lowe's also pass Memorial Parkway and Winchester. I took a screen shot of the speed test, but not sure how to post it.

• Like 1

Well I have been getting LTE around Madison and close to Triana off and on the past two or three days, I have mapped some of it with Sensorly, though I still have to do Zierdt and some other areas. I have to say seeing 4G on my phone was a very nice surprise after roaming for almost two weeks at home, I still wonder if what I saw at the I-565 site had anything to do with it, as it started right after I saw a lift crane (I think) at the top