Network Vision/LTE - Alabama Market (including Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile)

jonathanm1978

Another purple dot on the map near Montgomery..looks like the capital is going to get a good bit of LTE love, and hopefully moving north (as Bham is much easier to get to than Montgomery for me)....

I'd much rather hit the 4-lane 280 to Bham, than to travel the 2-lane US-21....up and down hills through "Coosa county -- where you go to hide the bodies"....

But srsly...Coosa county is barren..there's not hardly anything in the entire county (and I mean stores, aside from gas stations. It's just...empty. And people from Coosa county are a special breed of Alabamian...unaccustomed to daylight, modern power, telephones and cars....I think they still use horsepower ..literally.

Poor Sprint has about 3 towers to tackle in this area too...all on/near US21.

so not only do they have it over by the Auburn Wal-Mart but i also had the signal while at Auburn University campus. I live about .5 miles from campus but sadly, it's not reaching my home. what is the next step? do they keep going farther in my direction with the next tower? while checking, ran over a nail. good grief.

Edited by gamersfuel

There's no way to know which direction they are going....no one knows that except for the contractors who are performing the work, and the party responsible for putting in the backhaul to supply LTE.  Robert finds out when the site becomes accepted..but, your best bet to find out as much information as possible is to become a donating member of the site. This way, you can see actual maps of the towers nearby, and where you travel regularly, and get an idea of what the future will hold once Network Vision is complete in your area. This is by far the only place you'll find this information, as no other site is going to offer such detailed information on the deployment...and with the community of helpful members like digi, wiwave...etc, you can't go wrong.  People from all aspects of understanding mobile carriers and phones are right here in one spot.

(I have nothing to gain by telling you to donate and become a supporter, other than the gratitude that I know Robert has for people...keep in mind, this site doesn't pay anyone for their work...this is all done voluntarily and takes a huge amount of work from all fronts to keep this going).

• Like 1

An update on the Madison(Zierdt Rd) site, itappears it is a at&t site, just went by and there were several of their trucks there. I had been trying to take some pictures, and I think I might have had a few good ones, but I had to use my phone, so they didn't end up looking that good at all

An update on the Madison(Zierdt Rd) site, itappears it is a at&t site, just went by and there were several of their trucks there. I had been trying to take some pictures, and I think I might have had a few good ones, but I had to use my phone, so they didn't end up looking that good at all

If you could see the Sponsor maps, you'd find a tower that's close to that location I'm sure. I don't wanna repeat my above post and sound like a television commercial for S4GRU, but you'd find what you're looking for in the maps area of this site. 

I actually do plan on donating as soon as I can, because this site has helped me a lot. And that other cell site should be on a road called Pentastar Dr. I have had problems with it and out of curiosity confirmed the GPS coordinates with Sprint. Sorry to much extra info

I don't know where Sprint told you a tower was, but there isn't one anywhere on that side of the I-565 and I-65 (south of I565 and west of I65)....

maybe they had the wrong info or using a tower they no longer are colocated on another site with....not sure why they told you that.

That doesn't surprise me honestly, tried about three months to see if they would check on it, they kept sending them to a city over 30 minutes away, but service has gotten much better, and I am really looking foward to it only getting better.

I've had Sprint since the days of being laid off and getting unemployment. I remember the government deadlock about extending, we had no income from May 31 until August 10 or so...and I called Sprint -had only one line back then - and explained, and they were very polite. I told them that I wanted to see if I could put my line on hold for the time without money, they told me hang on...came back to the line and said since I had been a faithful account holder in good standing for so long, they would extend my due date 3 months. I didn't have a bill to pay for 3.5 months. To me, that sticks out and says they appreciate me personally. And I kept my word when unemployment came through and

paid nearly $600 for the time period I was due.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I have had nothing but good experiences with Sprint, as there have been times we couldn't pay on time due for various reasons and they worked with us, while my last experience with att they flat out called a family member a liar, I was sitting next to the person and it was said "well you must be lying then" it was a supervisor I believe, and I came to Sprint shortly after, I wasn't going to support a company that does that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm here in gadsden and I get signal ranges from -87dbm to -117dbm...I believe sprint will come out on top once everything is upgraded and set in place..but in the meantime they could at least let me make a call or send a text without it getting dropped or people receiving 5 of the same text from me...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Here's some screen shots of my signal woes ...its always the 1xrtt fluctuates and jumps so bad.... Is that supposed to do that? Also what ROM and android version I'm on.. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

post-22207-13739582345403_thumb.jpg

post-22207-13739582441891_thumb.jpg

post-22207-13739582717666_thumb.jpg

post-22207-13739582825264_thumb.jpg

post-22207-13739583471367_thumb.jpg

Edited by lilotimz

I was wondering how accurate the BSL is on Signal Pro...I saw a location the other day when I ran it in Syl and I know there shouldn't be a tower where it was addressing ....because I know the 3 for this area.  But it still showed it after I cycled data.