Network Vision/LTE - Alabama Market (including Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile)

jonathanm1978

Keep seeing markets announced, I'd be overjoyed if they would just START a city somewhere in Alabama. So far I've seen nothing that had the words 4G and Alabama together in the same sentence. Trying to be patient though, maybe it won't be long.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Keep seeing markets announced' date=' I'd be overjoyed if they would just START a city somewhere in Alabama. So far I've seen nothing that had the words 4G and Alabama together in the same sentence. Trying to be patient though, maybe it won't be long.

[/quote']

If the schedule remains unchanged, then there will not be any Network Vision/LTE activity in the Alabama market before 2013.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

Just a question Robert if you're around. Could the schedule change based on a major event in the area. As an example like the Superbowl or World Serie. In the case of the Superbowl thats usually set in advance but lets say Detroit gets to the world series could we see a 4G COW pop up there real quick?

Just a question Robert if you're around. Could the schedule change based on a major event in the area. As an example like the Superbowl or World Serie. In the case of the Superbowl thats usually set in advance but lets say Detroit gets to the world series could we see a 4G COW pop up there real quick?

It's possible. Sure.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

I would think they would try to have my county converted before the spring Nascar race, but who knows. Since i live on the south end of the county where the track is they could light up north end where the track is and it wouldn't affect me anyway.

I would think they would try to have my county converted before the spring Nascar race, but who knows. Since i live on the south end of the county where the track is they could light up north end where the track is and it wouldn't affect me anyway.

I would hope so...I'm 19 miles north of homestead speedway. I live in Kendall. I remember when I used to live by the track my sprint 3G was awesome. Now in Kendall my 3G is half of what I used to get. I really want LTE on my iPhone 5 already ????

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

• 1 month later...

Just got the first confirmed Network Vision site in the Alabama market. A rural site, NW of Gadsden, Alabama. It is marked on the NV Sites Complete map in the Sponsor section as "In Progress" until it shows up on the accepted sites report.

Robert

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I just uploaded 9 more sites as In Progress in the Alabama market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. They are in the outer Montgomery area. These sites are actually accepted as complete with 3G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a time window between the GMO for the 3G completed and when you'll see LTE turned on?? Or could they still be trying to get fiber to it and not have control over that time period? Does it being Ground Mount require them to do anything, like testing, before flipping over to LTE

Is there a time window between the GMO for the 3G completed and when you'll see LTE turned on?? Or could they still be trying to get fiber to it and not have control over that time period? Does it being Ground Mount require them to do anything, like testing, before flipping over to LTE

So far, we have only seen one GMO site live with LTE. And we didn't know about it being in progress until it was complete. We will know more as we see some of these GMO's go live with LTE.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I've been running Speedtests on the site that's in progress with 3G here on BI03MR191

d....

But my speedtests are averaging 1.8mb down, .90mb up...so they've done something with the backhaul ...it used to be like .5mb down, .2mb up..

Edited by jonathanm1978

I've been running Speedtests on the site that's in progress with 3G here on BI03MR191

d....

But my speedtests are averaging 1.8mb down, .90mb up...so they've done something with the backhaul ...it used to be like .5mb down, .2mb up..

Sounds like new backhaul is in place. That's good.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...

I am moving out to the huntsville area and would like to know whats going on with Sprints voice/data upgrades in the area. I was noticing last week when I was there I would have horrible signal if I went into a building over in Madison I would lose most of the signal I had.

• 1 month later...

Four full build sites were accepted around Montgomery today. First Non-GMO sites in Alabama market. LTE is coming!

Robert

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I got a update in that News thing that is on my phone saying that Sprint LTE was coming around this time (5-17 or so)...

Are the sites directly around Montgomery...or do they stretch as far north as AL 21 near US 280 (Sylacauga, Alexander City, Rockford, Weogufka, etc)...

I haven't been around these sites down that way and I'm not sure if these would be GMO sites or not either..but I'm sure we'll see some signal from them when we head to Dauphin Island, AL on the 13th of this month...even if they aren't lit with LTE yet. Would be nice to have it though along the way.

I checked Dauphin Island coverage, and I'm unsure if I'm even going to have native 3G when we're there...looks like I may be roaming a lot of our trip down that way.  There's a small patch of green on the map, but not sure how far out that tower can get, since our rental house is on the west side of the island.

Been getting a whole lot of multiple texts yesterday and today...usually when this happens it's got to do with either tower problems or tower work in my area. I hope it's the latter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It would really be nice if sprint started beefing up coverage in Huntsville/madison al.  I get horrible signal at my house and spotty in most places around town.

I would have to agree and I live in the Decatur area and I travel a lot and would love to try out the new and improved network since I switched to Sprint from Verizon using their LTE since my mother in law pays for the service. I'm due for an upgrade in August and will get the new S4 as soon as I can get my hands on it :)   Hopefully it'll be soon !!!

I believe I saw where some lte sites were accepted around Montgomery, so hopefully Alabama gets the first taste of lte signal before much longer. Montgomery isn't far from me, I'd love to see Birmingham blanketed the way Atlanta and surrounding is blanketed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• 2 weeks later...