To all, I sent this to HTC so that they could try and see what they are doing wrong. I had originally just gone to their site to write about the EVO LTE, LTE issues but this is what poured out of me when I started writing! LOL If you don't like rants of suggestions move on, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament... Crap... V for vendetta (Best Movie Ever) taking over again! LOL! I suggest everyone on this forum, who has an HTC phone (or not), go to the HTC website and blog to leave feedback. I'm guessing HTC doesn't read the tech blogs perhaps or maybe they don't know how we (their customers) feel? Maybe they don't know about the plaguing LTE issues on the EVO LTE (WINK WINK)? And most of all, enjoy...

HTC WAKE UP! I love your phones! I have an EVO LTE and I love it. However you never learn from your mistakes or listen to your customers! The main reason I came to this post was to talk about Sense 4+ on the HOX+ and tell you about the persistent HTC EVO 4G LTE (mouthful), LTE connection issues! I started writing and subsequent six paragraphs poured out of me. I had to stop myself and come back to this first paragraph to write about what I originally came here for, and then I realized it all has to do with HTC not listening to their customers (us). In Sense 4+ on the HOX+ you've now added a persistent power-saver mode toggle which sits at the top of the notification shade and can never been removed, even if you never use it! That doesn't annoy me more than the fact that users have been asking you to bring back the "Quick Settings" or at least add power control toggles (like other manufacturers Samsung, ETC)!? Buy what does HTC do, you ignore that input and add a persistent useless notification that can't be removed! Hurray for continued ignorance!

I will never buy another phone from you without a removable battery as my with EVO LTE I get great battery life now but by the end of my two year contract I'm going to be permanently attached by the hip to my charger! Contrast that to my OG EVO in which at the end of my two year contract I bought a new HTC battery and the phone was now like new! I now use it as my full-time music player in my car! Can I say that for my EVO LTE after two years, what do you think? I probably could if I spent hundreds to have the phone sent in to change the battery! Not buying! While I'm on my own phone the EVO LTE is a great phone but it has serious LTE connection issues! LTE refuses to connect and if it does you have to be standing under a tower! Sprint and HTC know there is an issue as internal Sprint memos document the issue! The phone has had three updates yet none have fixed the horrid LTE issue that basically makes the phone a permanent 3G phone. Luckily for Sprint users, Sprint doesn't have much LTE around, however those who live in an LTE area can't use it anyway. Sprint has even gone as far as saying that the EVO LTE isn't LTE compatible in some stores so that they don't have to sell it and then have users coming back complaining!

Release two hero phones but have one be a little thicker with a huge battery similar to Motorola (Razr MAXX)! 1800mAh is not enough! I'm sure that's what Sprint said when you brought them the HOX and they said add a bigger 2000mAh battery, a microSD card and call it the EVO LTE! People are willing to sacrifice a little thicker phone for a huge battery! At least give us the option! Recently your UK Chief said you are going to only release a few phones hero phones per year to rebuild your brand yet you've gone and released just as many, if not more, than last year! First follow your own advice, as you said having too many phones on the market was diluting your brand and IT IS! I have friends on MetroPCS who think that HTC only makes cheap crappy phones as MetroPCS only sold the HTC Hero. Stop with the million plus models and cheap phones as there are already a ton of cheap Android phones out there from hundreds of cheap manufacturers and you don't want to be associated with them.

Also my EVO LTE has a microSD slot but I wouldn't buy another phone from you without one. None of the HOX line models have them and that is what all the power users request, right behind a removable battery or vice versa. I wouldn't mind so much if you released your phones with 32GB+ but I would really like to see 64GB become the standard before the microSD card goes away. I have 80GB on my EVO LTE with a 64GB class 10 microSD card and the original 16GB of on-board memory, yawn.

Now on to Jelly Bean, WTF are you doing?! You needed Jelly Bean to be released on the HOX hero line before the Galaxy SIII! I guess it doesn't have to be but if you want a selling point you will get it done. You should have Jelly Bean on at least the international versions of the HOX line now! This could be your only major selling point and you're letting Samsung have it too which brings me to my next rant of selling points!

Your HOX line is lacking behind the SGS3 and even the new plus + line refresh doesn't beat it. Yeah the processor may be a little better with the upgraded Tegra but why not include 2GB of RAM and take them to it! For casual customers they look at all the bullet points of the SGS3 VS HOX (or HOX +) and the GS3 wins hands down. I hate the GS3! But for casual buyers bigger screen (HOX has better quality but ppl like bigger), larger battery (n/a +), 2GB of RAM, larger ROM (memory), and now Jelly Bean! I'm sorry but I could have been persuaded from my EVO LTE if when I had gone to buy it the GS3 had Jelly Bean! Jelly Bean brings Google Now (Siri) and Project Butter (smoothness and performance)! The HOX is a better phone that gets overlooked.

The main reason people buy your phones are build quality and your update reputation. Your phones look sexy and function beyond expectations but your reputation is suffering as of recently because of the lack of Jelly Bean updates, LTE connection issues, pushed deadlines and cancellations of updates on older phone models which were promised updates. I'm sorry but I have buyers remorse with my EVO LTE mainly for my battery & LTE issues. I will NEVER buy another phone with an internal battery EVER! I like to be able to use my electronics for years or be able to sell them if necessary. After two years my EVO LTE will be battery dead and I'll have no recourse to fix it shy of a few hundred bucks. Well I guess being stuck connected to a charger won't be half bad because I will need to be within range of WiFi as my LTE doesn't work anyway! Not cool... Many of my friends had the OG EVO and refuse to buy another HTC but I stood by you and defended you... Well no more... Listen to your customers or you WILL fail! I mean could it hurt to listen to us? Have you looked at your financials recently? Could it get any worse?

• Like 1

Not sure if you read my post yesterday about my call with them. This is the stuff they look for for customers, and encouraged me and others to report on thier site issues or feedback. Insulting them though might not be the best tactic

I will say this, I was always trained when evaluating opinions, you throw out the overly positive and overly negative. Because they are both slanted. And then you focus on everyone else. This is where you get the best feedback.

I do this when reading reviews for hotels/products etc. This has always served me well.

I also try to provide feedback within those parameters, because it is more likely to be read/used than to be discarded/ignored.

Also, I am closing the thread to be consistent. It violates our posting guidelines. If it said Sprint in place of HTC, you know I would close it in a heart beat. So I should have the same standard for HTC. I wouldn't want to be a bigger hypocrite than I already am.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 6