Got a call from HTC just now about the EVO LTE

Feech

So I exchanged my LTE a few weeks back because I was was having issues with the handset with it never disconnecting from 1X once it got there, and the phone heating up to sometimes 140 degrees internally.

So today I get a call from HTC wanting to ask some questions about why I returned it. I explained my issues, and the issues that others on the website have talked about. Unfortunately, I'm not in a LTE roll out area and I was caught off guard by the call or I would have studied more of what you guys have been saying. I did tell her it seemed US that the thresholds may not be set correctly and I also talked about some of you guys experiences with multiple devices and the failure of the EVO LTE to connect properly without some janky work around such as power cycling, disconnecting from the mobile network, and airplane mode. She also asked what would I change about the device. I told her that HTC needs to ditch Sense from flagship devices they sell. Android was mature enough at this point that sinking money into Sense didn't make sense. I also made mention of the amount of time between release of the device and keeping it current within a reasonable amount of time. There was tons I told her.

She did tell me to tell you guys to go to the website and leave feedback she said they definitely read it and act. She made mention too of the dance they do with technology in regards to the connection issues I told her about. She says they went through the same thing going to 3G.

I don't know how much of what she said was crap or even if she gave a crap at all to be honest. I did feel though when I got off the phone that she really appreciated the feedback and she said she could tell I wasn't Joe Phone buyer and the feedback was helpful.. I also directed her to this site and to read through some comments.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So I exchanged my LTE a few weeks back because I was was having issues with the handset with it never disconnecting from 1X once it got there, and the phone heating up to sometimes 140 degrees internally.

So today I get a call from HTC wanting to ask some questions about why I returned it. I explained my issues, and the issues that others on the website have talked about. Unfortunately, I'm not in a LTE roll out area and I was caught off guard by the call or I would have studied more of what you guys have been saying. I did tell her it seemed US that the thresholds may not be set correctly and I also talked about some of you guys experiences with multiple devices and the failure of the EVO LTE to connect properly without some janky work around such as power cycling, disconnecting from the mobile network, and airplane mode. She also asked what would I change about the device. I told her that HTC needs to ditch Sense from flagship devices they sell. Android was mature enough at this point that sinking money into Sense didn't make sense. I also made mention of the amount of time between release of the device and keeping it current within a reasonable amount of time. There was tons I told her.

She did tell me to tell you guys to go to the website and leave feedback she said they definitely read it and act. She made mention too of the dance they do with technology in regards to the connection issues I told her about. She says they went through the same thing going to 3G.

I don't know how much of what she said was crap or even if she gave a crap at all to be honest. I did feel though when I got off the phone that she really appreciated the feedback and she said she could tell I wasn't Joe Phone buyer and the feedback was helpful.. I also directed her to this site and to read through some comments.

As far as sense, that will never go away. You may prefer vanilla android but the general population will pick a sense/touchwiz device over vanilla android any day of the week. Why? Because it simply looks better not to mention features are added that you won't normally get from a vanilla android device. Me personally, I don't like vanilla android. I got the gnex so I can get updates as soon as they are available but I really don't care about that as much as I thought I would and because of that my gnex may get replaced with a galaxy note 2 whenever its released.

• Like 1

What I said was Sense is fine and was necessary until recently.. Right now there is nothing that Sense can do that can't be replaced with an app. To me HTC was first to the skinning game with the Window Mobile phones and with Android there was a rush for the handset makers to differentiate from each other. Right now though with the only vanilla android phone being a Nexus device I think they are missing a opportunity.. A big one. In fact they can keep making Sense devices but put them in a different category

Haven't been much of a stock android fan myself. I agree with you Feech that 4.0 is much better than what vanilla android used to be but I still prefer Sense or TouchWiz. Sidenote: I do really like that they scaled back Sense and made it lighter.

• Like 1

I heart Sense. It's come a long way since the winmo days.

Folks like to say its bloat, but really there are a lot of integration that sense has done way before it has become common, like contacts syncing and integrating with facebook etc. I think its awesome how my contacts are populated with current facebook profile pictures and status automagically. When I look at the jellybean or iphone contacts, i think bleh.

Widgets like favorite people, agenda, friend stream, even bookmarks make it even better.

The sense 4 lockscreen is hands down the more useful than anything else available.

My only gripe with htc/sense is the extra time it takes to get updates (both android and sense specific).

Ideally they should try to modularize sense into separate optional components, like the launcher/home screens, widgets, facebook/twitter/flickr integration, that can easily be updated separately while maintaining the android os base.

oh, also the enhanced notification windowshade, every time I use a non-sense device I want to cry with no MRU/multitasking icons or quick settings.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 1

I hope Jellybean Sense gets JB vanilla notifications

I love sense too! I love the customizations, skins, widgets, etc! And Jelly Bean with Sense 4+ has normal Jell Bean notifications however they added a persistent power saver toggle which stays at the top of the notification shade, WTF HTC?! I'm hoping Sprint makes them remove it otherwise it's going to drive me nuts. I'm still mad that they can't add quick settings or power control toggles but you can add a permanent notification option which I'm never going to use!?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/10/hands-on-with-the-htc-one-x-and-one-vx/

Edited by Fifth313ment

Ain't like htc listens anyways

They listened when people complained about not being able to remap the recent apps button.

• Like 3