Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

4G is still down for some reason. We had some pretty nasty winds last night and I wonder if there was some damage to the panels or maybe the central Microwave tower here in town. Been too tied up so far to go investigate, but I intend to later.

• 1 month later...

It already is upgraded to 1x800. No one is getting EVDO on 800mhz. That was never part of nv. But this market will get all upgrades through nv 2.0, iincluding band 41 eventually. But bands 26 and 25 are already up and running in your market.

My tower is 3g still sadly and i ain't getting anything as far as 800mhz coverage it says my tower is 4g lte but im not getting it sadly

What phone are you using? I know most places in and around Lexington are upgraded but looking at the network vision sites complete map, I can see that some sites near Corbin and London are indeed still 3G only. But they, too will be upgraded.

I'm going to go ahead and "call it" and say the local towers have launched 1x800 voice. Central kentucky along the 127 corridor from Danville to Frankfort is completely covered in 1x800 voice. Never once lost signal from my driveway to the capitol today including a stop in the Harrodsburg Wal-mart and Danville Kroger. 

• Like 2

Has anyone picked up any b26 around there too.

Not that I know of, but my fellow Sprint users that I know are like me, we all have old single band phones. I'm hoping to get a new one this summer, but haven't done it yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting B26 in Lexington now.

Been getting sporadic B26 for quite a few weeks in SE Lexington.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab. Expect terse answers and frequent tipos!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

What are typically the signs that Spark is coming to an area? Really hoping to see it in Lexington soon.

Permits and visibly seeing B41 panels/radios being added to your sites.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

What are typically the signs that Spark is coming to an area? Really hoping to see it in Lexington soon.

well band 26 is also part of Spark and so is band 25. Both are already live in Lexington and surrounding areas. The only part of the trifecta (see what I did there?) missing is band 41. I am not sure if Lexington will be part of the first wave of band 41 coverage (Sprint's much touted first 100 million) or not as they've been fairly vague in specifics on the b41 rollout.

• 1 month later...

Im getting 1x 800 but the dbm is the same as on 1900 before so i wonder what is the cause ? Shouldnt the dbm be less ? Im getting -101 to -106

The signal should be stronger.  But sometimes before optimization it can be about the same.

Robert

• 1 month later...

I drove through Kentucky on route 9 skirting the border with Ohio on my way to Indianapolis. Terrible service. :(

Sprint has no native service along the AA Highway until you get close to Cincinnati. If you had service at all, it was most likely "extended" coverage on nTelos or roaming on Verizon.
  • Like 1

I drove through Kentucky on route 9 skirting the border with Ohio on my way to Indianapolis. Terrible service. :(

I love the drive along the Ohio River. It's been a long time for me. Back in 1992, drove from Cincy to the Tri-Cities. Happy memories.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk