Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

• 2 weeks later...

Just in time for Christmas raffle -- enter to win a new 64gb samsung galaxy note 5 white!

Buying a ticket will also make you a sponsor, which gives you access to lots of cool info!

Very close to becoming fully funded.  This means you have GREAT odds on this Samsung Flagship CA phone with a processors that rarely throttles and enough storage for even someone like me. Plus it helps keep the lights on!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone been noticing a significant drop in speeds lately in the Green Bay Area? I used to be able to pull well over 20 down but this is about the best I get now.

3fa1849905ce20b15052f8ad7d37ae89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mjs2011

Has anyone been noticing a significant drop in speeds lately in the Green Bay Area? I used to be able to pull well over 20 down but this is about the best I get now.

need more information, is this everywhere in town, what phone do you have?(profile says Samsung S4 but screen shot looks to be from an iphone)   What band are you on?

need more information, is this everywhere in town, what phone do you have?(profile says Samsung S4 but screen shot looks to be from an iphone) What band are you on?

It's really in most places. My home is in Green Bay and my office is in Appleton. Just getting terrible speeds compared to what I used to get. I'm on the iPhone 6s on 9.2.1.

How can I tell what band I'm on? Thanks!

It's really in most places. My home is in Green Bay and my office is in Appleton. Just getting terrible speeds compared to what I used to get. I'm on the iPhone 6s on 9.2.1.

To see your band, dial *3001#12345#* and select Serving Cell Info. You should see a field called Freq Band Indicator. That's your frequency band.

Copy and paste this into your phone dial are hit dial it will take you to field test mode

*3001#12345#*

Select service cell info

Band is second line down

Band 25,26,41. Is what you are looking for

Copy and paste this into your phone dial are hit dial it will take you to field test mode

*3001#12345#*

Select service cell info

Band is second line down

Band 25,26,41. Is what you are looking for

Thanks guys. It shows band 41

963a78ce196fe2f2581599e860dba7fd.jpg

Thanks guys. It shows band 41

963a78ce196fe2f2581599e860dba7fd.jpg

no problem, band 41 is your best bet at the highest speed, what kind of speeds are you seeing compared to before?

• 3 months later...

Anyone know what is happening with the sites in Door County? They were NV complete a long time ago, but years later they are still 3g only. Sprint's coverage map seems to indicate these received LTE since it shows LTE all up the peninsula. Are the maps just out of date or does Sprint really think their 1 LTE tower across Green Bay is enough to cover Door County with LTE north of Sturgeon Bay?

Anyone know what is happening with the sites in Door County? They were NV complete a long time ago, but years later they are still 3g only. Sprint's coverage map seems to indicate these received LTE since it shows LTE all up the peninsula. Are the maps just out of date or does Sprint really think their 1 LTE tower across Green Bay is enough to cover Door County with LTE north of Sturgeon Bay?

Maps have not been updated in a long time. We no longer have a reliable source for them.

Maps have not been updated in a long time. We no longer have a reliable source for them.

Oh thats unfortunate. It makes sense I guess since the last update was in Nov 2015 on the non premier one. Are the premier maps out of date too?

Anyone actually been to Door County with sprint recently? I had ATT when I was there 2 years ago and it was just improving. I have T-Mobile now as my main line and I know it's just throttled and capped att roaming there with them. I wanted to bring my Nexus 6p on Ring Plus and use their native coverage in Sister Bay since it will be better than T-Mobile roaming.

• 1 month later...

Oh thats unfortunate. It makes sense I guess since the last update was in Nov 2015 on the non premier one. Are the premier maps out of date too?

Anyone actually been to Door County with sprint recently? I had ATT when I was there 2 years ago and it was just improving. I have T-Mobile now as my main line and I know it's just throttled and capped att roaming there with them. I wanted to bring my Nexus 6p on Ring Plus and use their native coverage in Sister Bay since it will be better than T-Mobile roaming.

While still up in the air, I may be doing a weekend trip to Door County this weekend.

I have up in the North Wisconsin premier thread, only 2 towers within the area confirmed with LTE. I confirmed the 2 last year, but we know according to the official Sprint coverage map that "supposedly" our 3G only towers now have some form of LTE.

So... if you are not a premier sponsor yet, please donate to help keep this site going! In the premier thread we have a full spreadsheet of all of our towers with current NV standing, address of each site and 3 different maps to help track all of the information. I can always use more members to add information for me! I recently have taken over for the Milwaukee/Madison premier thread as well.

Now's the time because Robert is running an upgrade special: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7547-s4gru-good-newsbad-news-lights-go-off-on-sunday-724-unless-we-can-raise-just-a-few-bucks/

I also have all the links below in my signature...  

I'm in Door County every other weekend.  The towers in Fish Creek and Sister Bay have been updated to band 25.  It really depends on where you're staying.  I stay near the corner of Cty Rd Q and Hwy 57 near Sister Bay and I can only get 3G which is mostly unusable.  Go a half mile up the road and you'll get LTE from the 1 tower in Sister Bay.  Ephriam is horrible unless you're phone will roam on US Cellular LTE.  The terrain really hurts the signal, it's too hilly.  

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd forward this information here... http://s4gru.com/ind...dison/?p=490226

Small cells are coming to Green Bay   :)

Keep a lookout Spike!

Thought I'd forward this information here... http://s4gru.com/ind...dison/?p=490226

Small cells are coming to Green Bay :)

Keep a lookout Spike!

This is also why sprint has been slow in their small cell rollout. Notice the number of rejections mobilitie has gotten from the towns and the packers. Hard to make progress when the cities won't let you do the work.
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Just figured I'd let people know, about a month ago the tower in rudolph, wi got lte, must be a gmo or something of the like though because no b26, or 1x 800.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Fairly ho-hum article about Mobilitie until I read the statement from a Webster, WI city board member:

After the meeting, one board member said privately, “This company got some kind of sweetheart deal from the folks in Madison.”

http://www.burnettcountysentinel.com/news/communication-tower-demand-unsettles-webster-board/article_4fc5e5c4-098f-11e7-82dc-57c06d54aa15.html

• Like 1