Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

• 2 weeks later...

was in the Goodrich/ Grand Blanc area in November and was surprised to pick up a LTE signal everywhere I went including the house out in the sticks. It was a funeral so no time for speed test and such. I was just happy to see it getting a signal.

• Like 1

Goodrich isn't too bad for LTE coverage as there are a couple sites out that way including a boomer on an old AT&T Long Lines tower. But LTE coverage can be spotty in that corner of the county as site placement is not dense at all. It's interesting to watch on Signal Check to see your phone jump from tower to tower as it tries to find the strongest signal out that way.

The closest B26 is west of Ionia.  Lansing area got some B10 CDMA in the fall.

Well... that's not very close... that's more than 1/2 way across the state.. west of Lansing which is 1/2 way point in state.   I guess it will be a while before we see it.   Maybe longer with the new Sprint plan to relocate on to "Government" property and towers...

• Like 1

Well... that's not very close... that's more than 1/2 way across the state.. west of Lansing which is 1/2 way point in state.   I guess it will be a while before we see it.  

Yeah, we know. It's called the Canadian IBEZ and it's been around for a while.

Maybe longer with the new Sprint plan to relocate on to "Government" property and towers...

This comes off as borderline trollish.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Eastern Michigan Market... Anything new going on? Any Band 26 sightings yet east of Lansing or anything else new in the Detroit metro area?

Not sure if it's just me but CA seems to be more widespread in a lot of areas. Even the areas without starting to see increasing speeds on Band 25. No Band 26 sightings though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's just me but CA seems to be more widespread in a lot of areas. Even the areas without starting to see increasing speeds on Band 25. No Band 26 sightings though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, kinda what I see up in the north burbs... CA sites coming on here and there... that's about it.  But if nothing else, I'll take it.   Speeds are pretty good too!

• Like 1

Hello Eastern Michigan Market...   Anything new going on?   Any Band 26 sightings yet east of Lansing or anything else new in the Detroit metro area?   

No B26 in Lansing yet, farthest east I've seen B26 is the west side of Ionia.  There has been CDMA 1X B10 in Lansing for voice only, but no LTE yet in that spectrum area.

• 1 month later...

No B26 in Lansing yet, farthest east I've seen B26 is the west side of Ionia.  There has been CDMA 1X B10 in Lansing for voice only, but no LTE yet in that spectrum area.

Sorry if I missed this, but is Sprint clear to launch B26 in the Detroit area? I thought the last holdout along the Canadian border was in the Pacific Northwest. I haven't cared as much about the mitten until I met my better half.  :)

Sorry if I missed this, but is Sprint clear to launch B26 in the Detroit area? I thought the last holdout along the Canadian border was in the Pacific Northwest. I haven't cared as much about the mitten until I met my better half.  :)

I don't think anyone knows if the Canadian side is clear.  As for east Michigan, most of it does not even have B26 capable equipment installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I missed this, but is Sprint clear to launch B26 in the Detroit area? I thought the last holdout along the Canadian border was in the Pacific Northwest. I haven't cared as much about the mitten until I met my better half. :)

There's a bigger holdout along Mexico for Southern California, Vegas, Arizona as well. It's going to take longer for that spectrum to be clear

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Grand Rapids or Martin MI have band 26 LTE yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Rapids has had Band 26 for a long time, it goes over to just west of Ionia.  Some areas in and around Lansing are starting to pop up with B26, including DeWitt, but its still spotty.  I looked up Martin, MI on the map and it is right off of 131, well out of the exclusion zone.  I'd bet dimes to donuts that any cell site around there is a full NV build with B26/B25/B41, along with CDMA BC1/BC10.  This might be a better question to ask in the West Michigan thread as that is a different Sprint region.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...