Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I know... To my point, exactly! Are contractors required to notify the municipality first? Perhaps there are some public records available online?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I know that after Nextel was taken down, Verizon moved in and they had permit drawings for anyone to see on the premises. Clarify, this was Sylvania,OH

mobile with Evo LTE

I am pretty confident to say that the tower right next to the Southfield freeway just north of West Chicago has been upgraded to NV. I drive past it almost everyday. I drove past it today and it sure looks a lot more cluttered up there; i.e. more cabling and I believe RRU's I definitely saw some new longer panels up there.

I'm going to try and get some pictures tomorrow morning; the site is right on the service drive so I should be able to get some great pictures.

P.S. - I didn't see a LTE connection on my phone, but I was doing 70 when I drove past it so..... I'm going to try toggling airplane mode a few times while I'm taking pictures tomorrow

I am pretty confident to say that the tower right next to the Southfield freeway just north of West Chicago has been upgraded to NV. I drive past it almost everyday. I drove past it today and it sure looks a lot more cluttered up there; i.e. more cabling and I believe RRU's I definitely saw some new longer panels up there. I'm going to try and get some pictures tomorrow morning; the site is right on the service drive so I should be able to get some great pictures. P.S. - I didn't see a LTE connection on my phone, but I was doing 70 when I drove past it so..... I'm going to try toggling airplane mode a few times while I'm taking pictures tomorrow

Sprint, at least here in FL, typically has two panels up then add an additional panel to the mix with RRUs mounted on the back of that one panel. Other carriers, like the AT&T sites I have seen, have an RRU on the back of each panel. Here is an example of the back of the one panel additional installed on each side http://bit.ly/WelfLi It's been easy from a distance to make out a tower that has had NV upgrades made.

I am pretty confident to say that the tower right next to the Southfield freeway just north of West Chicago has been upgraded to NV. I drive past it almost everyday. I drove past it today and it sure looks a lot more cluttered up there; i.e. more cabling and I believe RRU's I definitely saw some new longer panels up there.

I'm going to try and get some pictures tomorrow morning; the site is right on the service drive so I should be able to get some great pictures.

P.S. - I didn't see a LTE connection on my phone, but I was doing 70 when I drove past it so..... I'm going to try toggling airplane mode a few times while I'm taking pictures tomorrow

OK false alarm; I went back to the tower over the weekend and there's nothing new on the Sprint tier of the tower. I'll keep an eye on it though!

I too am waiting for the east Michigan market. I just wanted to say that this weekend while parking somewhere in the metro Detroit area I saw a Samsung wireless coverage truck (and that was how it was labeled). Shockingly he parked right next to me. Was running late so I didn't have time to ask about it. Does anyone know if this is a definite sign of lte work done in my area?

• Like 1

I too am waiting for the east Michigan market. I just wanted to say that this weekend while parking somewhere in the metro Detroit area I saw a Samsung wireless coverage truck (and that was how it was labeled). Shockingly he parked right next to me. Was running late so I didn't have time to ask about it. Does anyone know if this is a definite sign of lte work done in my area?

Definite sign? No. But encouraging. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Grrrrr....not encouraging:

http://bit.ly/WoNYxa

No Michigan cities or towns even on this list, but much smaller areas are on it. I'm trying to figure out what Detroit/lower southeast Michigan ever did to Sprint to deserve the cold shoulder.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I would like to remind you two that you are violating the S4GRU posting rules regarding unwanted negativity on the forums.

The update is stating new cities that are going to be worked on relatively soon and all markets are to begin in 2013 no matter what. Feel free to donate and become a sponsor if you want to know more info about the roll outs but if you won't then don't complain here.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Negative comments. Negative comments about Sprint and/or S4GRU are allowed. However, negative comments must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint's complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.

• Like 2

I'm thinking the same thing... Why set up 4g in every little dinky town in the nation, but none where people actually are? Why doesn't sprint listen to people? I understand that the problem with Detroit is how big of a market it is, but it isn't unreasonable. Sprints probably getting around us by saying we have some (as in a ridiculously small amount) WiMAX, now shut up and be happy.

They are updating markets as soon as they are ready, they are not going by population size, number of subscribers, or anything like they. They are taking the route that gets the job done the fastest. It just so happens that some people get to be first, and someone has to be last. Like with anything else in life.

Today I started a google search by typing "sprint 4g" and before I had even finished typing google already suggested that I was going to type "sprint 4g lte Detroit". How many people have to search that for it to be automatically assumed by google?

Google knows where you are. If I type in "Sprint 4G", I get "Sprint 4G Kansas City."

• Like 3

If anyone comes here and wonders where their pointless, whiny posts went, I deleted them. Rants and unhelpful negative comments are prohibited, and should be directed to official Sprint channels. S4GRU.com does not host Sprint's complaints. If you are unable to abide by this rule, you can notify the staff that you would like your account deleted and we will even give you suggestions on where to find another forum for your posts.

• Like 4

Google knows where you are. If I type in "Sprint 4G", I get "Sprint 4G Kansas City."

Mistake on my part. Now that you mention it that seems to make a lot more sense.

Sorry about the rant; I was very disappointed upon not seeing this area on sprints latest release of cities. This forum is so helpful to me the last thing I'd like is to be kicked off.

• Like 1

Maybe I misread it or that some people didn't bother reading it thoroughly at all but wasn't it posted on the wall that this list of cities was in addition to markets already being rolled out? Point being that just because no Michigan cities were on the new list doesn't mean LTE isn't coming soon. My take is that information was posted thus answering questions before some eventually asked anyway. Then again I could be very wrong.

• Like 1

My office location changed. Right outside my windows about 600 yards away is a tower. My signal meter is pegged so it is probably Sprint. Can anyone confirm?

They cannot, I'm afraid. In the Sponsor section are maps showing all Sprint sites in the country. But it would be a violation for our members to disclose anything in the Sponsor section. But if you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you can get access to that data and much more.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Perhaps my interest wasn't accurately communicated. I was really just wondering if the antenna tower appears as if it was upgraded for LTE or not. I know some have mentioned there are ways of identifying updated towers. I'll see this every weekday for a long time, just wondering if I should be looking for someone climbing the tower with some hardware in tow?

Perhaps my interest wasn't accurately communicated. I was really just wondering if the antenna tower appears as if it was upgraded for LTE or not. I know some have mentioned there are ways of identifying updated towers. I'll see this every weekday for a long time, just wondering if I should be looking for someone climbing the tower with some hardware in tow?

By the picture alone, it is hard to identify. It is quite blurry. If you are able to post a better picture, we may be able to identify for you.

Robert

By the picture alone, it is hard to identify. It is quite blurry. If you are able to post a better picture, we may be able to identify for you.

Robert

Will do. It will be a while, I'm not back in the office until after the new year. :-)

Robert

Robert, have any good info on the East Michigan deployments, such as metro Detroit. Sprint put out a tweet to someone yesterday. Here is what it said

"@thetictacaddict Currently LTE is not scheduled for Detroit, for up to date information please visit --> http://t.co/LwyO2iaj -EAC"

The above tweet was sent by @sprintcare