Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Thank you, now I know what to look for.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

You have to know what is common for your area. I pretty much see 40978 and now 41176 in my areas but I have found 4137x in Madison Heights and Troy. I cant remember the different earfcn I found in Kalamazoo. Point is that 40978//41176 are not necessarily constants. Know your area.

• Like 1

OK Michigan peeps... Weirdest issue! We have a bunch of phones that can't connect to LTE. I have a ticket out there on my site with Sprint but its been sitting with Field engineering for a while with no resolution. The problem is only on eCSFB devices they can't connect to LTE on hundreds of sites. They can connect to sites around metro Detroit. Older iPhones and stuff can connect to LTE fine. 

Problem is in cities like Whitmore Lake, Hartland, and a bunch other to name a few.

Any word on a second PCS LTE carrier, or 10x10? Sorry if that's a n00b question.

A second pcs carrier will be another 5x5. Refarming for the second carrier in most markets have begun a whole back. It shan't be too long before they can fire it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

A second pcs carrier will be another 5x5. Refarming for the second carrier in most markets have begun a whole back. It shan't be too long before they can fire it up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for the info! Is it due to the carriers being noncontiguous that they're not going for a single 10x10?

Thanks for the info! Is it due to the carriers being noncontiguous that they're not going for a single 10x10?

Early devices were only certified for 5x5 and Sprints spectrum is not always contigious with the PCS G block as most 30 mhz PCS A-F markets are of the A or B block. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was scouting around the LTE Engineering screen of my wife's LG G4 looking for any signs of CA in Flint and Saginaw. I didn't see any CA going on but a new EARFCN caught my attention while in the heart of Flint on I-475. I verified on my LG G2 that the 2nd Band 25 LTE carrier was legit and not something I caught midscan. 

Screenshot_2015-07-05-13-27-04.png

Screenshot_2015-07-05-13-27-27.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Spark is indeed alive in Metro Detroit

On my lg g3 on cherry hill and Wayne

It was one of the first times I connected and and got 44 down 12 up

Edited by maxter5080

As others mentioned, sectors 03/04/05 in your area are likely second carriers. SignalCheck will show a small "2" next to your provider name if you are on sector 04 or 05. Still working on getting 03 added; it conflicts with the way other areas of the country are configured. I hope to have that resolved soon.

-Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was finally able to screenshot the 2nd Band 25 LTE carrier that keeps popping up in the Novi, Wixom and New Hudson areas. It is a slightly different EARFCN than the 2nd carrier I found in Flint several weeks ago. (Screenshot is in the Network Vision/Spark EARFCN logging thread)

There is a 2nd Band 25 LTE carrier near DTW however I haven't been able to determine that EARFCN. The network at least in the Detroit area is heavily pushing my phone onto B41 even when B25 has much better signal. Same issue with another 2nd B25 LTE carrier out by the GM Milford Proving Grounds.

• Like 2

Another site in Farmington Hills just had 2nd B25 LTE carrier go online. Pulling 5-7 Mbps down on both carriers on a site without B41. Some much needed relief.

Also noticed spotty LTE coverage this morning through Highland, Milford, New Hudson with some sites entirely offline. I noticed something similar in Flint before I found the 2nd B25 carrier there so that leads me to wonder if some refarming is in progress.

• Like 3

Another site in Farmington Hills just had 2nd B25 LTE carrier go online. Pulling 5-7 Mbps down on both carriers on a site without B41. Some much needed relief.

Also noticed spotty LTE coverage this morning through Highland, Milford, New Hudson with some sites entirely offline. I noticed something similar in Flint before I found the 2nd B25 carrier there so that leads me to wonder if some refarming is in progress.

Might explain my exact issues in the Columbus, OH market in the Granville/Newark/Heath areas.... Lots of lte drops and finding b41 2nd carriers and 10mhz b25 within the last few weeks!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is Speedtest laggy?

Let's just say the speedtests on my G2 are faster than her G4 when she's pulling from 2 DL channels. Speedtest peaks very high and very briefly at the beginning then just craps out.

For some reason, yes. I've run into this problem on my G4. I've had to turn to Sensorly to get more accurate results, especially when CA is involved.

Sent from my LG G4

I'll have to try Sensorly. I haven't been a fan of the speed test aspect but I'll give it a shot.

Let's just say the speedtests on my G2 are faster than her G4 when she's pulling from 2 DL channels. Speedtest peaks very high and very briefly at the beginning then just craps out.

I'll have to try Sensorly. I haven't been a fan of the speed test aspect but I'll give it a shot.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sensorly's speed test function either. But when Ookla shows a test of 10 or 20Mbps, and Sensorly shows 100.... you know something is up.

• Like 2

I'm not the biggest fan of Sensorly's speed test function either. But when Ookla shows a test of 10 or 20Mbps, and Sensorly shows 100.... you know something is up.

I got a fluke of 236.78 Mbps down with 13.95 up yesterday with Ookla.

• 3 weeks later...