Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Pretty sure, I saw some towers with the beginnings of NV on my way to Monroe and back this morning. Got a few speed tests over 1mbps with sub 100 ms pings with going 75mph down the freeway.

I'll pinpoint the tower I got the best view of when I'm back at a pc. It was near Milan

Edit In: So I looked at the Sponsor maps and unless the schedule changed (which I hope it did) I might just be really quality Legacy Sprint. However, I'm sure I saw the new panels and RRUs. I noticed them coming up to the tower, that's why I did the speed test.

The tower is on US23, just past the Willow Rd overpass, east side of the highway

Sent from my CM9 Galaxy S2 using Forum Runner

I'll have to start looking up 23 for towers I go by one from work everyday ant to far from me just north of the border...tower stalking time :D

Pretty sure, I saw some towers with the beginnings of NV on my way to Monroe and back this morning. Got a few speed tests over 1mbps with sub 100 ms pings with going 75mph down the freeway.

I'll pinpoint the tower I got the best view of when I'm back at a pc. It was near Milan

Edit In: So I looked at the Sponsor maps and unless the schedule changed (which I hope it did) I might just be really quality Legacy Sprint. However, I'm sure I saw the new panels and RRUs. I noticed them coming up to the tower, that's why I did the speed test.

The tower is on US23, just past the Willow Rd overpass, east side of the highway

Sent from my CM9 Galaxy S2 using Forum Runner

Nice. I live close to that tower. I've been noticing some increase in speeds lately, but still hit and miss.... I'm not sure when they will start working on NV upgrades in this area, but I am looking forward to some 4G action!.

I live close to Southfield, on the northern edge of Livonia, and while I can't figure out if my iPhone is connected to eHRPD or not, I've done a few speedtests and hav gotten speeds in this order

Ping: Down: Up:

86ms/1.28Mbps/.87mbps

67ms/1.49Mbps/.81Mbps

88ms/1.18Mbps/.87Mbps

Pretty fast to what I get in Ann Arbor which is usually

~300ms/~.60Mbps/~.30Mbps

Talked to a Sprint corporate store employee yesterday who said that Sprint's timeline for having Detroit area's LTE fully up and running is now June 2013, fwiw......

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

They won't have the market 100 percent done in June, but they should have a decent amount of coverage by then and when they launch the market prob around that time scinice they seem to be a little behind schedule
  • Like 2

Thanks for the info. June is ridiculous. Switching to sprint was a mistake. Guess I should have done my homework more. I never had speed problems when I had sprint a couple years ago.

The network needs to be upgraded. That's what Network Vision does.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Thanks for the info. June is ridiculous. Switching to sprint was a mistake. Guess I should have done my homework more. I never had speed problems when I had sprint a couple years ago.

Sprint will start upgrading towers in both east and west michigan very soon...

Sprint will start upgrading towers in both east and west michigan very soon...

I have a friend in Michigan on Sprint who reminds me everyday how awful it is up there. His speeds in Roscommon are silly bad. He is convinced that Sprint will never upgrade his tower.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have a friend in Michigan on Sprint who reminds me everyday how awful it is up there. His speeds in Roscommon are silly bad. He is convinced that Sprint will never upgrade his tower.

They are terrible in most areas, NV is needed so badly here. Towers are over subscribed, backhaul is non existent...

They are terrible in most areas, NV is needed so badly here. Towers are over subscribed, backhaul is non existent...

He sent me a picture of an eagles nest in the tower in Grayling. That's unfortunate.

Lately I've been experiencing "network busy" in Farmington Hills, MI and was not able to send texts or make calls.....

Either the network is getting extremely overloaded, or they are staring work... :scratch:

My parents are in Farmington Hills and right in a signal dead zone. I got them an Airwave and it makes a HUGE difference. You have to have Cable Internet however to make it work. Def something to look in too. 5 bars always while I'm over there visiting. Fast data speeds and never a dropped call.

Lately I've been experiencing "network busy" in Farmington Hills, MI and was not able to send texts or make calls.....

Either the network is getting extremely overloaded, or they are staring work... :scratch:

... just got confirmation from Sprint that a tower near my area was down.... It's been restored and it's all back to "normally slow speeds" as usual... :td:

Edited by puch96

... just got confirmation from Sprint that a tower near my area was down.... It's been restored and it's all back to "normally slow speeds" as usual... :td:

erricsson to the rescue

mobile with Evo Lte