Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Very nice. I can't even get 1 up on my Airave.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I can only get like .5 average and peaks up to .6 with the air rave but it might also be because AT&T caps uverse Internet at 1.5 Mbs up

What part of Detroit are you in? I'm in Southwest Detroit and still get the normal 3G signal, no eHRPD signal

You may have to cycle through airplane mode for it to appear. Also verify that you are in CDMA/LTE mode. It will not work in CDMA only mode.

Robert

You may have to cycle through airplane mode for it to appear. Also verify that you are in CDMA/LTE mode. It will not work in CDMA only mode.

Robert

I just switched to airplane mode then back and still the EvDo stuff. Tried a reboot and still no eHRPD so maybe it's not in all of detroit yet, just parts. But it's good to see our 3G speeds getting better here.

What part of Detroit are you in? I'm in Southwest Detroit and still get the normal 3G signal, no eHRPD signal

I'm actually in Southfield, MI and I've had a connection to eHRPD pretty much wherever I've been over the past couple of days.

I believe the first tower site in all of Michigan (east or west) that was scheduled for upgrade was in Southfield. Haven't seen it on any of the accepted site reports yet. Maybe next week...

Hello,

I was looking at the sensorly maps for sprint and notice that they have two a "4G" and a "wimax." However, I'm thinking maybe they have the maps labeled wrong. It was to my understanding that Wimax was only rolled out in the western side of Michigan. Yet, the link below shows it in various areas in eastern Mi. Lastly, some of those areas were listed to be going to LTE first hence my suspicsion that maybe Michigan/Detroit is seeing LTE and the maps are logging it as wimax??

http://www.sensorly.com/map/WIMAX/US/USA/Sprint/wimax_310sprint

VS

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

Is there anyone on Sprint with a LTE phone that could enlighten me if they did deploy Wimax to the area or is this LTE.

Detroit has had WiMax Protection sites active for almost 2 years. The coverage you are seeing in Detroit on Sensorly is definitely WiMax and not LTE.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Yeah.... Both AT&T and Verizon have LTE have in Detroit. Sprint better show some activity here soon or my Note II will be on another carrier.

Premier sponsors have access to the maps with the latest known schedule, that is the best information out there. Regular sponsors can see tower maps and a map of sites accepted as complete by Sprint. I'd be shocked if you saw a Sprint LTE signal in Detroit by the time the Note 2 drops. I'm over in Lansing, I'll have my Note 2 on Sprint and happily search out the LTE signals as they come online in the next few months.

As digiblur said, do what you have to do if you are unhappy with Sprint's service

Can I make a suggestion that this thread be renamed to Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Saginaw)? Then merge http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2262-ehrpd-live-in-detroit-mi/ into the thread?

• Like 1

Can I make a suggestion that this thread be renamed to Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Saginaw)? Then merge http://s4gru.com/ind...-in-detroit-mi/ into the thread?

Merged with another Detroit thread and renamed. Thanks.

Robert

• Like 1

I get the newer CDMA-eHRPD connection and occassionally get up to .79-1.0Mbps down with .68 up and ping as low as 97ms. These numbers are very rare though as it is usually more like .32Mbps down and .68-.83 up and pings in the 230-350 range. Just give me the LTE i am paying for along with the 4G (wimax) i paid for on devices for over 2 years and never saw. May have to sacrifice unlimited data for speed when the soon ending contract is up. Who really needs unlimited data anymore with all of the wi-fi connections everywhere

Pretty sure, I saw some towers with the beginnings of NV on my way to Monroe and back this morning. Got a few speed tests over 1mbps with sub 100 ms pings with going 75mph down the freeway.

I'll pinpoint the tower I got the best view of when I'm back at a pc. It was near Milan

Edit In: So I looked at the Sponsor maps and unless the schedule changed (which I hope it did) I might just be really quality Legacy Sprint. However, I'm sure I saw the new panels and RRUs. I noticed them coming up to the tower, that's why I did the speed test.

The tower is on US23, just past the Willow Rd overpass, east side of the highway

Sent from my CM9 Galaxy S2 using Forum Runner

Edited by jefbal99
  • Like 4