Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Seeing 2nd LTE carriers on Bands 25 and 41 pretty much everywhere I go in SE Mich...NW Detroit suburbs, Howell, Williamston, Fenton, Holly, Brighton, Milford, Highland, Flint and so on. I can't say much on CA since only my wife's phone is current enough and she scowls at me when I ask her to hand it over for a minute.

• Like 3

Seeing 2nd LTE carriers on Bands 25 and 41 pretty much everywhere I go in SE Mich...NW Detroit suburbs, Howell, Williamston, Fenton, Holly, Brighton, Milford, Highland, Flint and so on. I can't say much on CA since only my wife's phone is current enough and she scowls at me when I ask her to hand it over for a minute.

My wife does the same thing! And she blames me for the battery drain on her S6...the nerve! lol

• Like 2

Pretty the same thing I've been seeing, just gotta start the Band 26 rollouts.

• Like 1

Also interested in hearing about any Band 26 sightings around Michigan. Good to see second Band 25 carrier, but my friends won't switch their phones off CDMA-only mode until they get Band 26 to park on in buildings (battery drain concerns).

Also interested in hearing about any Band 26 sightings around Michigan. Good to see second Band 25 carrier, but my friends won't switch their phones off CDMA-only mode until they get Band 26 to park on in buildings (battery drain concerns).

West Michigan has B26 all over the place

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Same here.   I have to operate on CDMA only on my One.   If I change it over to CDMA and LTE, the 4G signal is so weak that it drains the battery as it searches and switches back and forth between CDMA and LTE.    I'm waiting patently.  I know things will start getting fun once the tower work begins again.    I just wish I knew any upcoming game plan and when Sprint will begin work in SE Mich again.    

You won't be able to connect to it, with having a single band LTE phone.

I thought the HTC One had the antenna and such to receive 800MHz?  

From Phonescoop:

LTE (4G)

band 25 / 1900 MHz   PCS+G (USA (Sprint))

WCDMA (3G / 4G)

band 1 (I) / 2100 MHz   IMT (Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel)

band 2 (II) / 1900 MHz   PCS (Americas)

CDMA (2G / 3G)

800 MHz / band 27 / BC10   ESMR (Americas (Sprint))

850 MHz / band 5 / BC0   Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

1900 MHz / band 2 / BC1   PCS (Americas)

GSM (2G)

850 MHz / band 5   Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

900 MHz / band 8   (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1800 MHz / band 3   DCS (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1900 MHz / band 2   PCS (Americas)

Verizon version supports LTE band 13 instead of 2

From Phonescoop:

less detail

LTE (4G)

band 25 / 1900 MHz PCS+G (USA (Sprint))WCDMA (3G / 4G)

band 1 (I) / 2100 MHz IMT (Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel)

band 2 (II) / 1900 MHz PCS (Americas)CDMA (2G / 3G)

800 MHz / band 27 / BC10 ESMR (Americas (Sprint))

850 MHz / band 5 / BC0 Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

1900 MHz / band 2 / BC1 PCS (Americas)GSM (2G)

850 MHz / band 5 Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

900 MHz / band 8 (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1800 MHz / band 3 DCS (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1900 MHz / band 2 PCS (Americas)

Voice on 1X800 it supports , but no LTE 800 (band 26) or 2500 (band 41) hence only single band 1900

From Phonescoop:

LTE (4G)

band 25 / 1900 MHz   PCS+G (USA (Sprint))

WCDMA (3G / 4G)

band 1 (I) / 2100 MHz   IMT (Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Brazil, India, Israel)

band 2 (II) / 1900 MHz   PCS (Americas)

CDMA (2G / 3G)

800 MHz / band 27 / BC10   ESMR (Americas (Sprint))

850 MHz / band 5 / BC0   Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

1900 MHz / band 2 / BC1   PCS (Americas)

GSM (2G)

850 MHz / band 5   Cellular (Americas, Oceania, Brazil, Israel)

900 MHz / band 8   (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1800 MHz / band 3   DCS (Europe, Asia, Africa)

1900 MHz / band 2   PCS (Americas)

What you need is 800 LTE compatibility.

What current Sprint smart phones would allow me to connect?

I don't usually upgrade often, but Sprint seems to force you to.   I had my first HTC phone with WiMax which never materialized around my house but was promised many times.   Then I upgraded to my One which doesn't seem to be able to take advantage of the network speeds.    

What current Sprint smart phones would allow me to connect?

Connect to what? 1x800? Band 26 LTE? Any device released this year should include those capabilities and B41 carrier aggregation to boot. However, if Sprint isn't broadcasting in the Detroit area due to proximity to Canada then no device will allow you to connect to what isn't there.

• Like 1

Connect to what? 1x800? Band 26 LTE? Any device released this year should include those capabilities and B41 carrier aggregation to boot. However, if Sprint isn't broadcasting in the Detroit area due to proximity to Canada then no device will allow you to connect to what isn't there.

Does Sprint only broadcast LTE on 800 or doe it use 800 for CDMA as well?

In short, as I'm not the best at this, what all is 800 MHz used for with Sprint?    So I also don't get Band 41 either it guess, as my device isn't equiped to use that frequency either?

In short, as I'm not the best at this, what all is 800 MHz used for with Sprint? So I also don't get Band 41 either it guess, as my device isn't equiped to use that frequency either?

If there is enough spectrum, Sprint will run two CDMA 1x voice carriers and one 5Mhz FDD LTE carrier

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

In short, as I'm not the best at this, what all is 800 MHz used for with Sprint?    So I also don't get Band 41 either it guess, as my device isn't equiped to use that frequency either?

Correct on your device assessment. The HTC One (M7) is a single band device, it is only equipped to use Band 25 (1900 LTE). Any device from the HTC One (M8) on (2014 & 2015 flagships) is considered a Spark (or Tri-band) device which means it supports Band 26 and Band 41. Flagship devices from this year also support Carrier Aggregation on Band 41 which doubles the theoretical top speed for B41 to 160Mbps.

Sprint uses their SMR 800 spectrum to broadcast one 5x5 LTE carrier, and one or two 1xRTT carriers.

• Like 1

Correct on your device assessment. The HTC One (M7) is a single band device, it is only equipped to use Band 25 (1900 LTE). Any device from the HTC One (M8) on (2014 & 2015 flagships) is considered a Spark (or Tri-band) device which means it supports Band 26 and Band 41. Flagship devices from this year also support Carrier Aggregation on Band 41 which doubles the theoretical top speed for B41 to 160Mbps.

Sprint uses their SMR 800 spectrum to broadcast one 5x5 LTE carrier, and one or two 1xRTT carriers.

Will be 3x3 initially in the border regions. 3x3 LTE 800 testing is already underway for the northern border regions. TBD still but most likely next year as rebanding accelerates across the border. 

Eventually the Canadian border may be 5x5 but the Mexican border will permanently be 3x3. 

• Like 1

Will be 3x3 initially in the border regions. 3x3 LTE 800 testing is already underway for the northern border regions. TBD still but most likely next year as rebanding accelerates across the border.

Eventually the Canadian border may be 5x5 but the Mexican border will permanently be 3x3.

What are the peak speeds for a 3x3 channel?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just curious if anyone knows is lte 800 rollout going to be similar to b41, most congested areas first?

It'll be done site by site as an integration team rolls by to install digital unit cards for lte 800 and set up the software parameters for the site. Before that can happen they'll need to physically replace a lot of the original lte 1900 only antennas for dual band 800+1900 one which they're slowly doing now.

If past history is any indication it will not be stronger than b25 initially or.. Ever.

Sent from my LG-H790

• Like 1

It'll be done site by site as an integration team rolls by to install digital unit cards for lte 800 and set up the software parameters for the site. Before that can happen they'll need to physically replace a lot of the original lte 1900 only antennas for dual band 800+1900 one which they're slowly doing now.

If past history is any indication it will not be stronger than b25 initially or.. Ever.

Sent from my LG-H790

Anything that helps relieve b25 is a definite plus. Hopefully b41 will be solid enough until this is deployed.