Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

from my understanding it is a software update. So i can't seem to figure out why it would be on and off for the same location?

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

eHRPD has come and gone and come back in several markets. The software upgrade allows a site to be able to run eHRPD. However, eHRPD is still controlled by the master network and can be turned on and off as desired by Sprint. It can turned on and off by site, cluster, market, region, core or over the entire network as needed.

Robert

It funny since I saw it on Sat AND flashed back to a stock ROM I have lost it in this market.

A co-worker though doesn't have it on his EVO when I checked., but the SG3 in store had it..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am back up in Los Alamos and eHRPD is working. Don't know if it's just on in Los Alamos, and not down in Espanola/Pojoaque, or if it is just a coincidence in timing.

Robert

eHRPD is back in Boston as well. So are my max 3G speeds of 1.85mbit. Makes sense though. Nobody needs to take up an entire EVDO channel.

I saw an Ericsson tech at a site about 5 miles from my house in Cuyamungue. I've never seen a logo'd Ericsson truck before outside of ABQ. So I stopped to talk to the guy. He said he was there on an RF ticket.

I told him who I was, that I run a blog called S4GRU.com. Of course, he had never heard of us. I invited him to check out the site.

I asked him about Network Vision and the ABQ market schedule. He says that he has heard that Ericsson will start mobilizing in the ABQ market in November, but it may be awhile off still until deployment starts. He said he had no idea about details, or any info beyond that.

This may be further corroboration that Sprint may be making a move on 3rd and 4th rounds all at once now that all the design is complete. Starting earlier, but deploying slower and getting done at the same time. This may also be why all the eHRPD sightings.

Big money! Big money! No whammies! Stop!!!

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITc8kQ261EY

AJ

• Like 2

I saw an Ericsson tech at a site about 5 miles from my house in Cuyamungue. I've never seen a logo'd Ericsson truck before outside of ABQ. So I stopped to talk to the guy. He said he was there on an RF ticket.

I told him who I was, that I run a blog called S4GRU.com. Of course, he had never heard of us. I invited him to check out the site.

I asked him about Network Vision and the ABQ market schedule. He says that he has heard that Ericsson will start mobilizing in the ABQ market in November, but it may be awhile off still until deployment starts. He said he had no idea about details, or any info beyond that.

This may be further corroboration that Sprint may be making a move on 3rd and 4th rounds all at once now that all the design is complete. Starting earlier, but deploying slower and getting done at the same time. This may also be why all the eHRPD sightings.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

Awesome news! Also, how do you keep getting this new devices. I need to have some kids so I can start this rotation like you. :)

Awesome news! Also' date=' how do you keep getting this new devices. I need to have some kids so I can start this rotation like you. :)[/quote']

Part of it is rotation through all of my contract lines and keeping the upgrades for myself. But I do buy some devices cash off EBay after prices come down. Also, I have had members give me devices outright or steep discounts on their devices to get upgraded to the Premier Sponsor level.

I wanted the Photon Q to do radio performance testing on it. Since I have not published the article yet, I thought I should scoop one up and put it in the mix since the original Photon was such a strong radio performer.

Maybe the next time I'm in ABQ we should try to meet for lunch?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Maybe the next time I'm in ABQ we should try to meet for lunch?

A picnic in the parking lot of the Albuquerque call center?

:P

AJ

• Like 1

A picnic in the parking lot of the Albuquerque call center?

:P

AJ

Hopefully soon, it will be the only place to pick up LTE. If my opinion AJ, totally worth a 20 minute drive (once I have like 10 devices like Robert here to test all at once).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They are starting the ABQ market with the site next to my house. I just ran into subcontractors for Ericsson who are starting to upgrade my site in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, New Mexico. Unbelievable!!!

I figured with my remote site we would be the last site upgraded in New Mexico. Maybe Dan likes S4GRU after all. I'm going to go take pics now. BRB.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 12

They are starting the ABQ market with the site next to my house. I just ran into subcontractors for Ericsson who are starting to upgrade my site in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, New Mexico. Unbelievable!!!

I figured with my remote site we would be the last site upgraded in New Mexico. Maybe Dan likes S4GRU after all. I'm going to go take pics now. BRB.

Awesome news Robert!

OK. I've now uploaded pics. I talked with the guys there. They are electricians hired by SBA. SBA is subcontracted to Ericsson. They are here to install the RRU's only today. My site here did not pass engineering for tower mounted RRU's, evidently. They are mounting the RRU's down next to the base cabinets. He said this was common here at rural Alamosa sites here in New Mexico. That means we will likely not have 800 MHz here at my site, ever. They said they are also working at a site in Los Alamos (the White Rock site) and a site in Los Lunas, NM.

He said there were other subcontractors also starting to work in the market, but did not know where. He also said that their firm was working in the West Texas market too. I want to remind everyone that ABQ was originally a 4th Round Market. I believe Sprint and the OEM's are trying to move all remaining markets to be 3rd Round markets. I think all markets will be started before the end of Spring.

Since at my site, we were able to see work on the very first day, we can kind of keep track of this as a benchmark for how long it takes to convert a site until it is live. I will go and mark these three sites in progress now.

Robert

gallery_1_16_57249.jpg

Site ID #EP03AL506 in El Valle de Arroyo Seco, NM. Next door to my house. Workers started to convert this site today. Verizon is up top (and their LTE is live) with three sectors, T-Mobile is below that (EDGE only) with two sectors and Sprint is below that with two sectors. Even below that further is Cricket with two sectors (but that is outside the image).

gallery_1_16_52436.jpg

Here is a picture of the legacy Sprint panels before work. There is only two sectors on this site from Sprint. Both face up and down Highway 84/285.

gallery_1_16_20878.jpg

This is looking into the site from the frontage road gate. It is enclosed by a coyote fence. A common sight here in Northern New Mexico.

gallery_1_16_3808.jpg

On this platform, they are laying out their equipment they are using today. This is not Sprint's platform though.

gallery_1_16_42413.jpg

Oh goody! Ericsson labeled boxes. When I could see these from my front yard, my heart sunk. Could it really be??? Yes, Virginia. There is a Hesse Claus!!! Thanks to my son Joey who spotted these first. I'm raising another generation of wireless dorks.

gallery_1_16_32537.jpg

More goodies on the platform.

gallery_1_16_113330.jpg

These are the RRU's. They will be ground mounted at my site. LTE to be installed only at first. One RRU per sector for the time being. I'll take it!!!

gallery_1_16_6804.jpg

These are the new cabinets. They are not even connected to the platform yet. They were locked and our electricians today did not have the key. They said others will be coming in the not too distant future to handle to other work.

gallery_1_16_1450.jpg

Here are the back of the new base station cabinets. The ones behind them are the legacy cabinets.

• Like 11

This couldn't be coincidence. I think they are thanking you for converting angry people (no wimax) like me into Sprint evangelists. They have most definitely seen a reduction in hate mail/hate calls due to this site.

• Like 6

This couldn't be coincidence. I think they are thanking you for converting angry people (no wimax) like me into Sprint evangelists. They have most definitely seen a reduction in hate mail/hate calls due to this site.

It is such an obscure site, it almost seems impossible to be coincidence. Of all sites to begin of the 500 in this market. It seems unfathomable.

Robert

• Like 4

It is such an obscure site' date=' it almost seems impossible to be coincidence. Of all sites to begin of the 500 in this market. It seems unfathomable.

Robert[/quote']

And we use to give you such crap, guess you have something in your favor running this site. Congrads Robert!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 4

It is such an obscure site, it almost seems impossible to be coincidence. Of all sites to begin of the 500 in this market. It seems unfathomable.

Robert

The only question is how did they find out where u live. Maybe it's better not knowing.

Robert

I would hope it's a "thank you " from somebody at Sprint. If it wasn't for this site I, my 4 other lines and $300 + a month would be with Verizon right now. I'm sure there are plenty of others like me who were ready to jump off this ship but this site gave them hope that better days are coming for Sprint !!

• Like 2

The only question is how did they find out where u live. Maybe it's better not knowing.

I have made reference to my site on dozens of posts and where I live. Its pretty public knowledge for anyone looking.

I have made reference to my site on dozens of posts and where I live. Its pretty public knowledge for anyone looking.

Santa clause came two days late with an amazing gift. Maybe next he will deliver us enough snow for pajarito to open :-D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1