Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

This is where it is located .. I just thought this has to be a sprint site .. everyone else has tower in that area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show us what is at the base. The antennas alone can't tell us much.

Sent from my LG G6

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SeanK_ said:

Was at Uptown this afternoon and got B41 MM^2 97.25 Mbps down and 5.64 Mbps up. Never seen that before in ABQ.

Shocking how well it is during the day. The site covers the entire area so well. At night/early morning it will push 200+

• Like 3

16 hours ago, techcj_manzer said:

Shocking how well it is during the day. The site covers the entire area so well. At night/early morning it will push 200+

Really 200+? That's amazing for that area! Good Job Sprint!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Sprint up 5 points in El Paso in the 2nd half of 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see that. I was just recently there and some areas have way improved, most stagnant and consistent with the past. 

I can see that. I was just recently there and some areas have way improved, most stagnant and consistent with the past. 
I heard more B41 is coming online more there. The 5x5 only main reason for the poor results. Hopefully 1st half 2018 will be even better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:
This tower still a mystery was set for an upgrade.. my 1st thought for a band 41 upgrade, but they just added more sectors.which is now only tower in el paso using 6 sectors

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nope. 3 sectors.

They added triband antennas and only attached 2.5 mini macros to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nope. 3 sectors.

They added triband antennas and only attached 2.5 mini macros to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is the front of the site.. it also has another 3sectors on the other side of the tower. This is the first site like this in El paso e8a84369655d0b1b12eaf98d6f14bf09.jpg

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Ya, 6 antennas total

Yes 3 sectors 2 antennas.  An antenna is not a new sector unless it has different sector coverage configuration. Those triband antennas have the same sector coverage setup as the 800/1900 hex ports so it's the same sector. 

Yes 3 sectors 2 antennas.  An antenna is not a new sector unless it has different sector coverage configuration. Those triband antennas have the same sector coverage setup as the 800/1900 hex ports so it's the same sector. 
So, was this an capcity upgrade for band 25 ?

Just now, tyroned3222 said:

So, was this an capcity upgrade for band 25 ?

No.

As I said in a previous post only 2.5 mini macros are connected to the 2.5 ports of the triband antenna. 

• 3 weeks later...
Sprint running band 25 10mhz on I-10 heading west towards Las crucese937851f8570a497d97f09108c955a9d.jpgb8a105c5ea1071658d2101c1892254ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's a area with the C Block. So not surprised it's 10x10. Is that the only carrier or is there a 5x5 carrier from the B Block

That's a area with the C Block. So not surprised it's 10x10. Is that the only carrier or is there a 5x5 carrier from the B Block

Sprint is just running this block no band 26 nothing else .. density is bad here for sprint .. towers are spaced so far apart

Sprint is just running this block no band 26 nothing else .. density is bad here for sprint .. towers are spaced so far apart

Stinks. Do you happen to know how much C Block spectrum they have? Just curious if it's only enough for this 10x10 or possibly a 15x15 Future.

Stinks. Do you happen to know how much C Block spectrum they have? Just curious if it's only enough for this 10x10 or possibly a 15x15 Future.

Ya once cdma is shut off .. sprint can go full 15x15 mhz

Ya once cdma is shut off .. sprint can go full 15x15 mhz

Oh. The map I've seen shows them holding C,B And G Block there. So I thought they could put all the C Block on LTE and keep B Block on CDMA

53 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Oh. The map I've seen shows them holding C,B And G Block there. So I thought they could put all the C Block on LTE and keep B Block on CDMA

Yes you are correct about the holdings. However, I don't have the specific date but the C block of 30mhz total was leased to AT&T.  I will have to check the spectrum dashboard if the lease expired and has since returned to sprint.

Edit. Obviously something has occurred as the picture posted is in the C block. Also Band 25 G block is deployed down there so it could be that a sliver of the C block has been returned and subsequently the G block has been expanded.

Yes you are correct about the holdings. However, I don't have the specific date but the C block of 30mhz total was leased to AT&T.  I will have to check the spectrum dashboard if the lease expired and has since returned to sprint.  

Edit. Obviously something has occurred as the picture posted is in the C block. Also Band 25 G block is deployed down there so it could be that a sliver of the C block has been returned and subsequently the G block has been expanded.

PCS A VZPCS D TMO

PCS B ATT

PCS E some third party

PCS F ATT

PCS C3 ATT

PCS C4 Sprint

PCS C5 Sprint

PCS G Sprint

Sorry flipped it PCS A TMO, PCS D VZ