Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

This is in otero county NM ... it right at the state line of nm and Texas on a military base ..the closest LTE tower is in chaparral nm 6.7 miles away, but I really get a low DBm signal on 3G.. so I figured that's would be the tower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not saying new towers aren't needed. B26 could also help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

He's not saying new towers aren't needed. B26 could also help.

This was in reference to the tower I posted that dead smack on the base .. it show a low signal on the DBM's . So, I thought that tower I posted a pic of was a sprint tower

This is in otero county NM ... it right at the state line of nm and Texas on a military base ..the closest LTE tower is in chaparral nm 6.7 miles away, but I really get a low DBm signal on 3G.. so I figured that's would be the tower

We do have maps of all Sprint sites in the Sponsors section, have you considered a donation to help the site continue to exist and also get access to those maps?

I did find a site that I did not notice before. It appears there is no NV information for this site so it may be fully legacy. It appears to be located next to a water tower and other cell sites. I do not believe it was the site that you pictured.

2017-08-02_15-38-16.png

We do have maps of all Sprint sites in the Sponsors section, have you considered a donation to help the site continue to exist and also get access to those maps?

I did find a site that I did not notice before. It appears there is no NV information for this site so it may be fully legacy. It appears to be located next to a water tower and other cell sites. I do not believe it was the site that you pictured.

2017-08-02_15-38-16.png

I sure would like to if I can get info on that ...

and that's the area. The one that's squared in red are top Verizon bottom at&t .. the one of the right is the pics I sent in

I sure would like to if I can get info on that ...

and that's the area. The one that's squared in red are top Verizon bottom at&t .. the one of the right is the pics I sent in

The information we have specifically indicates the one in the red box. 

2017-08-02_15-38-16.png

7270cd1352b8fd0fbfae8bf640548923.jpg

Well, the one on the left in that image appears to have equipment similar to Sprint NV on it, but as you said it may be AT&T. It is possible that the reason I can't pin-point the Sprint site is because it is still using legacy antennas that I don't recognize, so it may be possible it was the site you originally posted. 

Second source also shows that the site in the red box is the one to look at.

Additionally, the taller, now empty looking sites appears to have been a Nextel site at one time.

Could be .. I know that at&t are running 3xca here on base and Verizon is running 2xca T-Mobile no service and sprint 3G only ... would sprint upgrade a site like this to LTE

Could be .. I know that at&t are running 3xca here on base and Verizon is running 2xca T-Mobile no service and sprint 3G only ... would sprint upgrade a site like this to LTE

If the tower provides a signal they should add LTE.

It should be upgraded at some point, though it is odd the coverage map doesn't seem to reflect the existence of this site. I wonder if there haven't been problems getting it upgraded due to it being on military land. 

It should be upgraded at some point, though it is odd the coverage map doesn't seem to reflect the existence of this site. I wonder if there haven't been problems getting it upgraded due to it being on military land.

Verizon and at&t had no issues.... their upgrade happened back to back 1 week Verizon the next at&t

Verizon and at&t had no issues.... their upgrade happened back to back 1 week Verizon the next at&t

It's only a theory. Sprint wasn't doing upgrades in sync with VZ and AT&T. it's possible they collaborated to get crews on the grounds. Sprint has had timing and money issues when it comes to upgrades, which could have made it more difficult to schedule a time to allow crews to come and upgrade the tower.

• Like 1

The only Sprint sites not NV upgraded in my area are on military installations.  It's not likely the military has prohibited their upgrade, but for some reason Sprint have not made these a priority.  It could be related to difficulty.  The difficulty may have been worth it to the others.  But these may be low usage for Sprint.  Interesting though.

• Like 1

The only Sprint sites not NV upgraded in my area are on military installations. It's not likely the military has prohibited their upgrade, but for some reason Sprint have not made these a priority. It could be related to difficulty. The difficulty may have been worth it to the others. But these may be low usage for Sprint. Interesting though.

Thanks for the replies .. I am getting a call from sprint network team tomorrow .. no one on the customer service level is acknowledging the area as being sprint native coverage all say it's roaming ... so, I will see what they are able to tell me

Thanks for the replies .. I am getting a call from sprint network team tomorrow .. no one on the customer service level is acknowledging the area as being sprint native coverage all say it's roaming ... so, I will see what they are able to tell me

Hopefully B25 comes to that site as well as B26 when that can happen. Sprint needs to get all their remaining 3G only sites to LTE. People shouldn't have to leave LTE behind when they go places.

• Like 1

Hopefully B25 comes to that site as well as B26 when that can happen. Sprint needs to get all their remaining 3G only sites to LTE. People shouldn't have to leave LTE behind when they go places.

I will let you guys know .. I will try to keep this thread going .. I know sprint has done too much in the last few years ..so, I will report with more updates in El Paso

I've noticed that a lot of military sites don't show up on official coverage maps.  None of the WSMR show up on coverage.  Many are shown internally as Corporate Network Solutions (CNS).  So it does not surprise me they think there is no coverage there.

I've noticed that a lot of military sites don't show up on official coverage maps.  None of the WSMR show up on coverage.  Many are shown internally as Corporate Network Solutions (CNS).  So it does not surprise me they think there is no coverage there.

Wish is good , cause T-mobile has a lot of mad customers here , cause they have no service at all

I've noticed that a lot of military sites don't show up on official coverage maps. None of the WSMR show up on coverage. Many are shown internally as Corporate Network Solutions (CNS). So it does not surprise me they think there is no coverage there.

Any idea where I could check about the SMR b26 spectrum in Ibez for El Paso ... to see how what's going on with that .. I got guenthers attention so I will see what he tells me , but I would still like a backup source if possible

So, the mini Marco b41 is a more cost affective way of adding b41. Which I'm sure in El Paso we are going to get a lot of these ... so, these sites can only add carriers to b41 , but it can't to carrier aggregation? If the mimi macros are able to do carrier aggregation can they do 3xca ?

Edited by tyroned3222

So, the mini Marco b41 is a more cost affective way of adding b41. Which I'm sure in El Paso we are going to get a lot of these ... so, these sites can only carriers to b41 , but it can't to carrier aggregation? If the mimi macros are able to do b41 can they do 3xca ?

Yes it can do 3xca. Thos sites can only do 3carriers. Where the full build sites that cost more can do up to 6 carriers

Yes it can do 3xca. Thos sites can only do 3carriers. Where the full build sites that cost more can do up to 6 carriers

Ok, got it thanks ... one thing I noticed when I had the s6 edge plus lots of drops to 3G .. now with the galaxy s8 I'm able to hold on to b25 a lot longer which in these areas I'm not dropping to 3G anymore .. is this just the s8 RF performance