Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Wonder why at&at is at the site .. now it is an at&t site as well, but no permits filed at&t to work on it .. only sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's an AT&T fiber area so they are laying fiber?

011394c0b3f54db41a3b567e9bb91aa5.jpg

Some good speeds in Albuquerque. How many sites are live with band 41 as of now ?

I’d say 8-10. That map posted earlier of b41 sites was pretty accurate for ABQ

• Like 1

I’d say 8-10. That map posted earlier of b41 sites was pretty accurate for ABQ

I just hope we start seeing more activity ... I'm hoping more like 8 to 10 site upgrades per quarter .. doing 8 to 10 year, will take us forever to get to a decent completion percentage.

011394c0b3f54db41a3b567e9bb91aa5.jpg

Some good speeds in Albuquerque. How many sites are live with band 41 as of now ?

The site is on top of the New Mexico Bank & Trust building behind them.

Robert

The site is on top of the New Mexico Bank & Trust building behind them.

Robert

I work downtown in the Sunshine Building and definitely don't get those speeds. However, with band 25 CA and 2 carriers of band 41, phone is useable all day no issue. 

• Like 1

I work downtown in the Sunshine Building and definitely don't get those speeds. However, with band 25 CA and 2 carriers of band 41, phone is useable all day no issue.

What are the speed you see around 10 to 20 Mbps

What are the speed you see around 10 to 20 Mbps

The site at the NM Bank and Trust is a 8T8R but is not running CA. I get between 5 to 10 Mbs.  If I am connected to Band 25 with CA, I can reach 40 to 50.  However, downtown I believe Sprint wants everyone on Band 41.

I think the site they connected to is either I40 and 12th or the Hotel Albuquerque sites which are Mini Macros that have CA enabled.  I have seen speeds that high when connected to those.

• Like 1

The site at the NM Bank and Trust is a 8T8R but is not running CA. I get between 5 to 10 Mbs. If I am connected to Band 25 with CA, I can reach 40 to 50. However, downtown I believe Sprint wants everyone on Band 41.

I think the site they connected to is either I40 and 12th or the Hotel Albuquerque sites which are Mini Macros that have CA enabled. I have seen speeds that high when connected to those.

Nice improvement! I hope they can do 5 to 10 upgrades a Quarter starting next year.. if not it will take a long time for our markets to get to 70% or so completion rate

I just picked up band 41 from this site , but I don't see any additional antennas on the site .. I almost pulled 100 Mbps it registered a mini Marco

See the mini macro on it?

That's a decaport 4 high 4 mid 2 low port triband antenna.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So, is this site already ready for b41 as well

Note the mini macro and decaport high / mid / low antenna that's already installed. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7688-how-to-spot-mini-macro-on-macro-setups-nokia/

I just picked up band 41 from this site , but I don't see any additional antennas on the site .. I almost pulled 100 Mbps it registered a mini Marco

The Mini-Macro is the smaller box above the larger PCS RRU

The Mini-Macro is the smaller box above the larger PCS RRU

Thanks for the info ! Phone seems to have hard time connecting to b41. It like to still choose band 25 as primary. Could this be because of ongoing optimization ?

Another thing I wanted to point out in the thread. Sprint has expanded LTE into Ruidoso NM. It's looks to be live good stretch of highway 70 and inner mountain of gods now has full LTE .. haven't seen anyone report that

Edited by tyroned3222
  • Like 2

Another thing I wanted to point out in the thread. Sprint has expanded LTE into Ruidoso NM. It's looks to be live good stretch of highway 70 and inner mountain of gods now has full LTE .. haven't seen anyone report that

It's GMO LTE.  In it's shown on our next map update in the Sponsor section.

Robert

• Like 1