Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Yes it can do 3xca. Thos sites can only do 3carriers. Where the full build sites that cost more can do up to 6 carriers

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, mini macros are limited to 2 carriers and 2xCA.

• Like 1

Ok, got it thanks ... one thing I noticed when I had the s6 edge plus lots of drops to 3G .. now with the galaxy s8 I'm able to hold on to b25 a lot longer which in these areas I'm not dropping to 3G anymore .. is this just the s8 RF performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combination of better radio+upgrades and alot of good optimization work they have put in..
  • Like 1

Ok, got it thanks ... one thing I noticed when I had the s6 edge plus lots of drops to 3G .. now with the galaxy s8 I'm able to hold on to b25 a lot longer which in these areas I'm not dropping to 3G anymore .. is this just the s8 RF performance

Possibly although Sprint has been decreasing Qrxlevmin values across the country. My city used to be -120 for B25 and -122 for B41 although now it’s -124 for B25 and -128 for B41.

• Like 1

Combination of better radio+upgrades and alot of good optimization work they have put in..

Okay mini Marco limited to 2xca .. which is still plenty .. if additional capacity is needed the site will need a visit and new equipment ?

Okay mini Marco limited to 2xca .. which is still plenty .. if additional capacity is needed the site will need a visit and new equipment ?

A site visit will be necessary to add more than 2 B41 carriers although PCS spectrum can be refarmed to LTE remotely.

A site visit will be necessary to add more than 2 B41 carriers although PCS spectrum can be refarmed to LTE remotely.

Great feedback ! So, I'm guessing since sprint wants to be more cost effective ..most of the build out in El Paso will be with mini Marcos ... and now having 2xca on b25 it should help with capacity issues

Great feedback ! So, I'm guessing since sprint wants to be more cost effective ..most of the build out in El Paso will be with mini Marcos ... and now having 2xca on b25 it should help with capacity issues

Yep. You’ll probably have 40 MHz of B41 and 10 MHz FDD or 15 MHz FDD on B25 online. Watch for more/wider B25 carriers. A lot of markets (mine included) are planned to go to 15x15 B25 late this year.

• Like 1

Yep. You’ll probably have 40 MHz of B41 and 10 MHz FDD or 15 MHz FDD on B25 online. Watch for more/wider B25 carriers. A lot of markets (mine included) are planned to go to 15x15 B25 late this year.

Yup, I'll keep a look out .. I don't know if sprint swapped that much In El Paso, but would be nice

Yup, I'll keep a look out .. I don't know if sprint swapped that much In El Paso, but would be nice

Keep in mind it may not be 15x15 contiguous - it could be a 5x5 and a 10x10. Sprint has done this is Los Angeles and parts of Illinois amongst other areas.

Keep in mind it may not be 15x15 contiguous - it could be a 5x5 and a 10x10. Sprint has done this is Los Angeles and parts of Illinois amongst other areas.

Once they shut off cdma .. I believe they can do contiguous

El paso only can do 10x10 plus 5x5 once CDMA is Gone. Their already swapped with TMobile.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I just checked you guys are going to stay at 10 MHz FDD on B25 for the foreseeable future.

Which is fine .. the issue I have are with the the b25 small cells sprint has added to

Expand the footprint ..

One of them serves a busy area and it doesn't seem to have the b25 2xca on it ..

Hope they can upgrade that small cell.. although it is unlikely

i got more info, but I don't know if I can post it on here being that you guys have a sponsor section I don't wanna break any Guidelines

You are welcome to post the information here. If it is determined to be sensitive, it may be moved. But we'll let you know first.

• Like 1

You are welcome to post the information here. If it is determined to be sensitive, it may be moved. But we'll let you know first.

6cf1650450faeaca939f2201f5350dbe.png

Blue triangles existing sites

Pink crosses = planned sites for upgrade to LTE plus in the next 12-18 months

Edited by tyroned3222

Blue triangles existing sites

Pink crosses = planned sites for upgrade to LTE plus in the next 12-18 months

The pluses appear to be new sites, as they are not currently part of the network according to the data we have.