Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I hope sprint is also getting these towers ready for b26.... would make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really... there's no clear indication when SMR will be cleared for use in your area. Putting up the equipment and letting it sit idle for potentially a year or two (or more) would not be good. All that is needed is a single additional RRU to be added. Depending on the permit process for such a minor change, they could likely get all sites prepped in a month or less when the spectrum is finally cleared.

So is the improvement in sprint speeds in abq noticeable? I never really got any download speeds over 10-15 Mbps in abq when I had them (until February)

Downtown has made band 25 and 26 useable again during working hours. This weeekend I was at CPK in uptown and I pulled 100mbs speed test. I am sure that extra capacity is helping that area.

This was spotted in El Paso .. was told this might be sprint equipment any ideas

Well it's a small cell of some kind. would need more information / better detailed picture on the equipment on the ground. I don't see the typical equipment that Sprint uses, but it may be in the box next to it or underground. 

Well it's a small cell of some kind. would need more information / better detailed picture on the equipment on the ground. I don't see the typical equipment that Sprint uses, but it may be in the box next to it or underground.

ff0845d509bb68c3bbbbe5a5cf2e8306.png

Here another one ... I will take a a clear pic of it tomorrow

Those are the Sprint B25 Small Cells in El Paso.  They are shown on our Sponsor maps.  There are three clusters of them.  One around EPCC on the North Side past Fort Bliss, one out on the Far East Side and another on the west side off North Mesa.   http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete-maps/

Robert

• Like 1

Those are the Sprint B25 Small Cells in El Paso. They are shown on our Sponsor maps. There are three clusters of them. One around EPCC on the North Side past Fort Bliss, one out on the Far East Side and another on the west side off North Mesa. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete-maps/

Robert

these can be upgraded to band 41 ?

sort of like a rip and replace

Yeah... but that's not really likely at this point. They were put there to help the B25 footprint. Taking them out could create problems, even if they were replaced with B41. 

• Like 1

Yeah... but that's not really likely at this point. They were put there to help the B25 footprint. Taking them out could create problems, even if they were replaced with B41.

so, one they add band 41 on the stonewall site which is about 0.7 miles away from that site it should take a Load of the small cell and speeds should improve?

so, one they add band 41 on the stonewall site which is about 0.7 miles away from that site it should take a Load of the small cell and speeds should improve?

Possibly. Depends on the coverage of each. Small cells generally cover a couple of blocks at most, sometimes less. 

Those are the Sprint B25 Small Cells in El Paso. They are shown on our Sponsor maps. There are three clusters of them. One around EPCC on the North Side past Fort Bliss, one out on the Far East Side and another on the west side off North Mesa. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete-maps/

Robert

Robert, since I see you checking in . Are there anymore updates on b26 SMR .. I heard that the rebranding started for it .. is their any truth to this

Robert, since I see you checking in . Are there anymore updates on b26 SMR .. I heard that the rebranding started for it .. is their any truth to this

I have not heard anything regarding the border zone in the El Paso area.

2nd 41 live Cotten next to I- 10 roof site

Seems like they are going through and installing equipment on the permits that showed up last year,  This one was permit PZPC16-00171.

• Like 1

Seems like they are going through and installing equipment on the permits that showed up last year, This one was permit PZPC16-00171.

Their going at a nice pace .. they may finish the remaining permits this year