Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Hello all, so when I was exploring N NM, celebrating to finally have data in Toas, Angel Fire, etc. I noticed I was connected to b17 for a good while just NW of Las Vegas, NM . Didn't think much of it for a while until I noticed driving to SLC today, I have been connected to extended LTE on and off all of the way on 550 from Jemez, up to Farmington, and then 191 in Utah from four corners area all the way up to Salt Lake City. I am on my iPhone so not too much I can look up. I mostly am on B17 (EARFCN 5780) and occasionally B2 (EARFCN 1100). I went back to my screenshots and found out I also was connected to 5780 in NM. Is this AT&T?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hello all, so when I was exploring N NM, celebrating to finally have data in Toas, Angel Fire, etc. I noticed I was connected to b17 for a good while just NW of Las Vegas, NM . Didn't think much of it for a while until I noticed driving to SLC today, I have been connected to extended LTE on and off all of the way on 550 from Jemez, up to Farmington, and then 191 in Utah from four corners area all the way up to Salt Lake City. I am on my iPhone so not too much I can look up. I mostly am on B17 (EARFCN 5780) and occasionally B2 (EARFCN 1100). I went back to my screenshots and found out I also was connected to 5780 in NM. Is this AT&T?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quite possibly. AT&T LTE roaming has been live for a while. Comnet also has LTE roaming in those regions, though I am unsure of the bands they use.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

This was way N of I70 and I'm pretty sure Comnet doesn't have anything up there, making me think AT&T. Awesome to start seeing it in NM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At&t is really the only one with B-17. These days they use MFBI so it's band 12. Phones that support B-17 and 12 are connecting to either one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quite possibly. AT&T LTE roaming has been live for a while. Comnet also has LTE roaming in those regions, though I am unsure of the bands they use.

Sent from my LG G5

So,sprint is using at&t for LTE roaming ?

So how is that working out with calling ?? Since sprint doesn't have volte live on all devices ?

Typically we're still on Verizon 1x I've noticed

• Like 1

So how is that working out with calling ?? Since sprint doesn't have volte live on all devices ?

Still on vzw 1x for now

What's speeds were you seeing on the LTE roaming

I didn't want to use all of my data on speed tests, but it was consistently usable when I was on LTE

Sprint is starting to receive these notices

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Sprint has allowed 3 different rounds of permits to expire in my city, leaving 6 sites still sitting as GMOs. Thankfully LTE is running, but only a single 5x5 carrier, which is overloaded most of the day.

Unfortunately this is not uncommon. Sprint has allowed 3 different rounds of permits to expire in my city, leaving 6 sites still sitting as GMOs. Thankfully LTE is running, but only a single 5x5 carrier, which is overloaded most of the day.

why would sprint let it get like this and take a fine

• Like 1

why would sprint let it get like this and take a fine

I am not completely sure. I know that the permit fees are basically chump change compared to other costs. And at least in my city, there are no fines if the permit expires. You just have to go through the hassle of re-applying. 

I am not completely sure. I know that the permit fees are basically chump change compared to other costs. And at least in my city, there are no fines if the permit expires. You just have to go through the hassle of re-applying.

Are the fines for not upgrading to support 26/41?

The one I posted would have to be a new tower .. sprint currently doesn't operate a tower in that areas

What? No... the fine would be for allowing the permit to expire. I would imagine this applies to any work permit issued for any reason, not just cell companies.

In other news, I'm going to be in ABQ tomorrow - Sunday for a funeral. Flying in tomorrow afternoon, services on Saturday morning.

How many sites have B41 on them now? Just curious about the network, haven't been there in a long time, don't think I even had a cell phone last time I was there.

Anywhere I should go in the other time I have? Also, is Uber reliable there? I did not rent a car. 

In other news, I'm going to be in ABQ tomorrow - Sunday for a funeral. Flying in tomorrow afternoon, services on Saturday morning.

How many sites have B41 on them now? Just curious about the network, haven't been there in a long time, don't think I even had a cell phone last time I was there.

Anywhere I should go in the other time I have? Also, is Uber reliable there? I did not rent a car.

Uber is pretty reliable during the day, rush hour traffic can cause you to be waiting while drivers hand you off to each other if your route needs the interstate. Can get pricey, most of the time only UberX available. B41 is on a handful of sites in the city.

Uber is pretty reliable during the day, rush hour traffic can cause you to be waiting while drivers hand you off to each other if your route needs the interstate. Can get pricey, most of the time only UberX available. B41 is on a handful of sites in the city.

Will be around 1pm, so hopefully traffic isn't too terrible. Going from the airport to a La Quinta near I-25 and Menaul. 

Your area lucky enough to get some of the 10x10 B25?

Will be around 1pm, so hopefully traffic isn't too terrible. Going from the airport to a La Quinta near I-25 and Menaul.

Area does have B41. You shouldn't have too much of an issue with traffic at that time. There is a lot of traffic around 3pm till 6pm. Are you flying Southwest by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1