Will there be a new EVO LTE Plus coming to Sprint?

bq91

With the new ONE X + announced and coming to AT&T this month, is there a chance Sprint could also be getting a new and improved EVO LTE later this year, that would complement the new ONE X Plus?

I personally don't think so. The EVO LTE was already better (specs) than the HTC ONE X so there is no real need for an upgrade. Also like many others have said it would be horrible on their current phone release schedule. Also Sprint never pushed the EVO LTE as it is so for them to release another HTC that they are not going to push isn't going to happen anytime soon. I hate to say it but I think the EVO line will end with the EVO LTE. I think we'll get another HTC phone next year but it won't be an EVO version.

• Like 1

Well, If HTC cannot get the LTE issues figured out via an OTA software update, I hope Sprint does bring an EVO LTE+. It will be easy to pawn off the EVO LTE to someone on craigslist anyway...

Kinda like this:

• Like 1

You guys are nuts! No new HTC phone is coming from Sprint as they don't want to sell the one they have now! I'm willing to bet that HTC will never make another EVO phone and we might see an EVO from Pantec, ZTE or Kyocera next year but HTC is done with EVO (I believe Sprint owns the EVO name brand). Sprint will get another HTC phone around May when the new hero devices are released but if HTC doesn't pull it together there may not be a new line...

Or is sprint will be smart and take the issue on the Evo Lte and allow every one to trade Evo LTE for an new Evo
lol to funny,,, nothing wrong with this phone that a software update can't fix. Yes,, we all need to be "giving" brand new phones because we need a software update. Oh well, no matter how many times I say it it still sounds silly.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

You guys are nuts! No new HTC phone is coming from Sprint as they don't want to sell the one they have now! I'm willing to bet that HTC will never make another EVO phone and we might see an EVO from Pantec, ZTE or Kyocera next year but HTC is done with EVO (I believe Sprint owns the EVO name brand). Sprint will get another HTC phone around May when the new hero devices are released but if HTC doesn't pull it together there may not be a new line...

HTC will make the next evo no doubt about that, also even though sprint uses the evo brand exclusively in the US there are many other non US markets that have the same evo branded phones since the og evo.

• Like 1

I am a spec whore just as much as the next person but I think we have finally reached a point where specs are basically even across the board. What htc needs to focus on is a great user experience, bragging about hardware specs does not sell a product. Showing how it will make your life easier through usable features and good marketing is what sells a product. This is why apple is number one in sales and this is why samsung is where they are currently, this is something HTC needs to learn or else they won't be around much longer.

• Like 4

Sprint will carry htc flagships as long as htc is around.... htc is willing to cater to sprint more than any other manufacturer and cuts them the best volume pricing of the major manufacturers..

What we are seeing, however, is them being treated more as a budget option than "the best"..

• 3 months later...

I personally don't think so. The EVO LTE was already better (specs) than the HTC ONE X so there is no real need for an upgrade. Also like many others have said it would be horrible on their current phone release schedule. Also Sprint never pushed the EVO LTE as it is so for them to release another HTC that they are not going to push isn't going to happen anytime soon. I hate to say it but I think the EVO line will end with the EVO LTE. I think we'll get another HTC phone next year but it won't be an EVO version.

the EVO LTE have the same specs of the One X only changes the EVO have microSD slot and camera button.

If the M7 is indeed what the leaks show, then I think HTC needs a complete overhaul of their design department (but I'll still probably blow an upgrade on it).

All anybody talked about was how cool the One X was styled....and yet they release the DNA and potentially the M7 which look just like the 4GLTE (sans kickstand) and just about every other slab phone they've ever released.

Can't they be like other tech companies and steal away a designer from Samsung already????

seriously is everybody trying to out Apple Apple with all the phones looking almost exactly the same?

If the M7 is indeed what the leaks show, then I think HTC needs a complete overhaul of their design department (but I'll still probably blow an upgrade on it).

All anybody talked about was how cool the One X was styled....and yet they release the DNA and potentially the M7 which look just like the 4GLTE (sans kickstand) and just about every other slab phone they've ever released.

Can't they be like other tech companies and steal away a designer from Samsung already????

seriously is everybody trying to out Apple Apple with all the phones looking almost exactly the same?

As far as design goes, I think the one x, jbutterfly/DNA all look way better than the gs3/note 2 but more importantly like what Sgt. Slaughter said right above you, if their flagship device is gonna be rocking an s4 pro then htc will get owned when everyone else release their flagships.

As far as design goes, I think the one x, jbutterfly/DNA all look way better than the gs3/note 2 but more importantly like what Sgt. Slaughter said right above you, if their flagship device is gonna be rocking an s4 pro then htc will get owned when everyone else release their flagships.

i'm not that much of a chip spec whore really - hell I'm still relatively happy with my 3D. My thing is I just don't want a 5" phone. Yeah, it's only a 1/4" bigger, but that's just my preference.

The way I see it is my phone is going to end up in a case anyway, so neither I nor anyone else is going to see the bling very often, if ever.

Now the CPU/GPU specs and panel, on the other hand, would make a difference in my mind. But I don't see anything from anyone that compelling in the next 12 months that would get me buying a new phone before my upgrade window (and in this neck of the woods, ESMR and 2600 LTE aren't likely to be here much before then, if at all, anyway).

i'm not that much of a chip spec whore really - hell I'm still relatively happy with my 3D. My thing is I just don't want a 5" phone. Yeah, it's only a 1/4" bigger, but that's just my preference.

Well I am not gonna lie, I guess you can say I am somewhat of a spec whore. In reality though, I think we have gotten to a point where no one will really notice that much of a different based on hardware, at this point its all about optimized software. Like you, I think I am ready for a 5" device as well, so we will see what happens in the next few months.

Well I am not gonna lie, I guess you can say I am somewhat of a spec whore. In reality though, I think we have gotten to a point where no one will really notice that much of a different based on hardware, at this point its all about optimized software. Like you, I think I am ready for a 5" device as well, so we will see what happens in the next few months.

exactly - is there really a noticeable difference in how many millisecs it takes to load? a 1080p quad core in a nexus sized frame gives ridiculous ppi and top of the line speed IMO. And if the cam specs are top end what's not to love?

exactly - is there really a noticeable difference in how many millisecs it takes to load? a 1080p quad core in a nexus sized frame gives ridiculous ppi and top of the line speed IMO. And if the cam specs are top end what's not to love?

Its not just speed of the device. One its how you'll have better battery with integrated radios compared to the S4 pro, and the SoC all around is a beast compared to it. Able to encode/decode 4K HD even.... And with the performance increase were looking at reduced lag and just better overall use... Its much more than how fast something opens...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Its not just speed of the device. One its how you'll have better battery with integrated radios compared to the S4 pro, and the SoC all around is a beast compared to it. Able to encode/decode 4K HD even.... And with the performance increase were looking at reduced lag and just better overall use... Its much more than how fast something opens...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

True