Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

• 1 month later...

So no actual band 26 activation in south California yet, even though i was able to test this theory in really low LTE spots around the cities i visit and most if not all bounced me to this LTE band

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Was able to spot this on my commute back home while on the 91/71 freeway in Corona today.

Is this good news?

So no actual band 26 activation in south California yet, even though i was able to test this theory in really low LTE spots around the cities i visit and most if not all bounced me to this LTE band

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Signal Check Pro was built to recognize a GCI with an end of 11 as Samsung Band 26. However, as we found out in the last couple of weeks, ALU uses GCI ends of 11/12/13 to denote its 10x10 Band 25 second carrier. This is why you are seeing LTE 800 when connected to the alpha sector (11). When connected to the beta and gamma sectors (12/13) you'll notice SCP just shows LTE, no band identification. This will be updated when Mike has time to put together a new release. 

The 10x10 carrier is a slightly different frequency than the original G Block LTE carrier, and the wider bandwidth makes it slightly more usable at the edge of cell. This may be why you are seeing this carrier in areas you perhaps did not hold an LTE connection before.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, nexuss4g said:

Seems like B41^3 is now lighting up in Orange County and parts of the IE such as Corona and Chino Hills. :)

How are the speeds?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, Marv1 said:

How are the speeds?

I have not ran any speed tests in Corona, but LTE is a bit slow. When going into stores or hit the gym off the 15 before hitting the 91 LTE falls back to 3G and alternates with B25 second carrier. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was out in the Coachella Valley a tad over 2 weeks ago & service and data speeds were acceptable in much of the area with the exception of Desert Hot Spring. I dunno if Sprint's towers are overloaded but the data speeds there are lacking. Anyone else notice this when they go to DHS? First screenshot is LTE & The second screenshot is 3G.IMG_1233.JPGIMG_1232.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, JLevoLTE said:

Wow this thread is pretty quiet, I'm moving back to socal Sunday and haven't been there since end of December any improvements?

Where in socal? Lake Elsinore?

On 10/20/2018 at 11:27 AM, JLevoLTE said:

Lake elsinore, riverside, corona

I haven't been in Elsinore in a while but I know the 15 Freeway has good LTE coverage. Corona and Riverside lacks in tower density but I seen MB being deployed around. (I have one at home and discovered 2 with my neighbors). Cant complain, I don't have any data issues in the IE. So you will be fine

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LTE B26 in Corona near Magnolia and Fullerton. Noticed my phone was on 3G, toggled airplane mode, connected to B25, should be in B41 cause have a MB at home, went upstairs where the MB is installed and  saw it was working fine (had to restart MB already twice since I got it cause sometimes it looses LTE), checked my phone again and boom LTEB26 :)

Was at AMC at Tyler Mall over the weekend, inside the theater saw the B26 for a second but wasn't able to grab a screenshot and then it parked on B4 Roaming on T-mobile so I knew it was coming.

Screenshot_20181219-210253.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 10:16 AM, nexuss4g said:

1X 800 seems to be off now.  Probably Sprint is testing or configuring sites

Was connected to 1x800 briefly in San Diego couple weeks ago.  Likely testing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Staying up in Idyllwild the for the next few days at my parents' cabin and I'm pleasantly surprised which is about a mile east of the town center. I'm getting useable Sprint data and good voice coverage due to T-Mobile band 4 roaming. The town center of Idyllwild has always had native Sprint service and over there, it's always had good voice & data. At the cabin previously, I would never get useable data or good voice coverage at all since it would drop to Sprint 1xRTT, Verizon 1xRTT or Verizon 3G. While the latency isn't great, I'm not complaining, I'm not gaming on my phone and still streams video & music just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2018 at 7:24 AM, nexuss4g said:

Small cell in Corona. Was at Chuze Fitness off Main and Parkridge working out, data is not great in this area:(

B26 now reaches inside Chuze Fitness, was able to stream music but loads a bit slow. Better than before

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JLevoLTE said:

Fresh new cell site being installed under t-mobile.

This is in south Corona off interstate 15 between glen eden and de Palma rd.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vo8Q4Ce

Looks like a dualband 8T8R antenna. Nice, although I'm surprised they're installing new sites without L2500. 

12 minutes ago, RAvirani said:

Looks like a dualband 8T8R antenna. Nice, although I'm surprised they're installing new sites 

I'm not sure which antenna this is, but they only have one antenna up per sector they are adding another one